All reviewsrick's breakfastsmary todd lincolnwelsh rarebittwo coursesattention to detailfrette linenseach morningbreakfast creationslocal ingredientsbacon and eggsfront porchmy husband and ifloor to ceilinghis passionbalcony overlookinggrounds are gorgeousnew england
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We love the Jackson House Inn! We are relocating into the area, and we’ve stayed there twice in the last couple of months as we prepare for our move. The JHI is so wonderful we will go again and again, even after we settle into our new home. First and foremost for me is clean; if a place isn’t clean, I can’t relax and enjoy it; and the JHI is the cleanest place we’ve ever stayed; it’s the first place we’ve stayed that I haven’t wiped down myself; my standards are high. So with that in mind, let me walk you through our stay.

When we arrived, Kathy was there to pleasantly greet us and give us a tour of the house and show us to our room. Even though we arrived later in the evening, both visits, she made sure we were comfortable and at ease, answering any questions we had. We stayed our first visit in the Miss Gloria Swanson room and our second visit in the Mary Todd Lincoln. Both rooms are simply lovely, very comfortable, with beds that are uber fun and comfy to sleep in with the dreamy pillows and comforters, nestle-y goodness for sure. Makes me happy just thinking about it! No tinkly-sprinkly showers here, just full-on shower bliss, with locally made, environmentally friendly bath products, and fluffy, comfy robes to lounge in. Pretty décor and attention to detail enhanced our sensation of relaxation and enjoyment. And that’s just our rooms.

There is a library stocked with books and inviting seating, a bar with a really big, awesome TV, lots of cheerful seating areas (inside and out), and the outside … the property is simply wonderful: babbling brook, pond, grounds that go on forever ... lots of room to find peaceful reading spots or picnic happiness, gardens, an Alberta spruce maze-ish area with “hidden” seating areas, and porch seating … and more.

Then there’s the breakfast part of the B&B, located in the dining room overlooking the gardens and mountain with large picture window - very pretty. Here’s where you’ll meet Rick, if you haven’t already. Rick and food are meant for each other. He knows what he’s doing in the kitchen! His baked oatmeal – oh my goodness – everyday should be a baked oatmeal day, but then you wouldn’t get a chance to taste his other delicious creations. Bacon, eggs, potatoes, toast, fruit – sure … but what Rick does to them is magic and So Yummy! And local and organic! And you can tell he just loves what he does. He’ll come out to your table and describe what he’s prepared for you with such happiness … we couldn’t wait to dig in. Also, I have a number of food allergies and sensitivities, and Rick worked with me, taking great care to meet my dietary needs.

Rick, Kathy, and the Jackson House Inn are fabulous! Some other qualities we found here: serenity, peacefulness, quiet, friendliness. It’s our new little heaven on earth, and we’re glad they will be close by for idyllic getaways.

Room Tip: The entire property is shielded from the main road. As far as we can tell, all rooms have lovely views, but rooms to the back look over the back gardens and the mountain.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Thanks to Rick and Kathy for making our stay a memorable one. We had such a great time staying with you and exploring the area! And Rick, your breakfast was the best we've ever had! We still talk about it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2011

On August 14,2011 my husband and I checked into the Jackson House Inn for a 4 night stay. The 3 acre grounds are immaculate with plenty of places to take a walk and just relax.The website shows all of the guest rooms and most of the common rooms, but it doesn't do it justice. You have to see it for yourself. We stayed in the Nicholas I 3rd floor suite. The view from our balcony was breath taking. As for ourselves, the stay was simply perfect. The breakfast each morning was something like you've never had before. Rick and Kathy are wonderful host. We actually got very attached to them during our short stay. Their hospitality and willingness to accommodate you in every way made our stay truly special. They love what they are doing and it definitely shows. If you are going to be in the Woodstock, VT. area this is the place for you.
The Croteau's

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PTSLR
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I can't say enough about Kathy and Scott .They have the best qualities Inn Keepers can offer.They made us feel comfortable from the moment of our arrival.Scott's farm to table breakfast creations were a delicious delight each morning . I wish I could take him home with me .We were so happy to find this beautifully restored traditional Inn,where quality and service still matter.There may be lots of choices in Woodstock, but for us the Jackson House is it.

Room Tip: Great top floor suites facing the back , the private porch with a view of the stars and the garden
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Our time at the Jackson House inn this past weekend was very memorable. We have stayed at B&Bs throughout New England and this one is clearly a cut above the rest. The innkeepers, Kathy and Rick, are class acts, and exude the friendly calm demeanor one hopes to experience in a vacation spot. The decor is warm and inviting. Kathy and Rick's attention to detail, in the common areas, bedrooms, and in the restaurant, is outstanding. The breakfast, all made from locally produced ingredients, was served beautifully and tasted heavenly. Treat yourself to a truly luxurious inn experience in one of the nicest towns in Vermont!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple