All reviewsrick's breakfastsmary todd lincolnwelsh rarebittwo coursesfrette linensattention to detaileach morningbreakfast creationslocal ingredientsbacon and eggsfront porchmy husband and ifloor to ceilinghis passionbalcony overlookinggrounds are gorgeousnew england
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Beautiful, charming inn, charming innkeepers. Outstanding gourmet breakfast and a wonderful location for golf, skiing and enjoying the beautiful town of Woodstock. Would definitely stay here again! Thank you, Kathy and Rick and staff!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Thanks to Rick & Kathy for making our stay wonderful. Even though we arrived past the check in window (we did call to say we would be late) Kathy was there to greet and show us around, We stayed in the Francesca suite which was lovely and had a nice deck even though we didnt get to use it due to ugly weather. The only cons we had with this room was traffic noise from route 4, the shower was small & it was so hot in there our first night so it was not too enjoyable. We told Kathy about it the next day and they put a window a/c unit in the bathroom window which helped alot.

The grounds on the property are beautiful and peaceful. The common rooms in the inn are really nice and relaxing.

Now as for breakfast it has all been said before it is amazing. I have some food allergies and dont like some things but Rick took great care of me. First day for our first courses I had melon infused in a citrus juice and hubby had pumpkin infused yogurt with homemade granola on top ( I tried some without the granola since I dont like that-it was yummy). Second course for me was an omelette made with white vermont cheese & white fresh corn it was ridiculously good and hubby had savory grits. Second day for our first courses I had raspberries with a cream and hubby had the melon I had the first day. Second course we both had a really unique bread pudding that was yummy...

While in the area we checked out local covered bridges, downtown woodstock and a great local farm that has awesome cheese and maple syrup "Sugarbush Farm". (You can taste both there for free!) After checking out and heading for home we stopped at Quechee Gorge and hiked down to the bottom. This is an must see when in the area.. As for dinner we ate at The Prince & The Pauper in downtown Woodstock the first night and it was really nice I just didnt care for the ribs. The second night we ate at The Kedron Valley Inn in South Woodstock (site of the Budweiser clydesdales holiday commerical) and it was nice.

If we get back to this area we will be sure to stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was my wife's reply when Kathy the innkeeper asked if she had enjoyed her stay. We spent the recent Columbus Day weekend here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The inn is spotless with meticulously kept landscaping. There were plenty of public spaces for lounging inside and out. The quality of the furnishings and fixtures are reminiscent of a any five star hotel. Both Rick and Kathy are warm and gracious hosts. The Jackson House Inn is quintessential Vermont and it's a mere 1.5 miles to Woodstock Village.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite named Melana's Tango which was very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed here with my husband at the end of our two week East Coast holiday.
We stayed in the Marlena Tango room and it was elegant and homely in one go.Just lovely,very clean and welcoming.
Be warned the breakfasts are lethal................fabulous and too good to leave!!!!
If ever we come back to Woodstock we will stay there.

Room Tip: I am sure they are all tiptop.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moonswift
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We love the Jackson House Inn! We are relocating into the area, and we’ve stayed there twice in the last couple of months as we prepare for our move. The JHI is so wonderful we will go again and again, even after we settle into our new home. First and foremost for me is clean; if a place isn’t clean, I can’t relax and enjoy it; and the JHI is the cleanest place we’ve ever stayed; it’s the first place we’ve stayed that I haven’t wiped down myself; my standards are high. So with that in mind, let me walk you through our stay.

When we arrived, Kathy was there to pleasantly greet us and give us a tour of the house and show us to our room. Even though we arrived later in the evening, both visits, she made sure we were comfortable and at ease, answering any questions we had. We stayed our first visit in the Miss Gloria Swanson room and our second visit in the Mary Todd Lincoln. Both rooms are simply lovely, very comfortable, with beds that are uber fun and comfy to sleep in with the dreamy pillows and comforters, nestle-y goodness for sure. Makes me happy just thinking about it! No tinkly-sprinkly showers here, just full-on shower bliss, with locally made, environmentally friendly bath products, and fluffy, comfy robes to lounge in. Pretty décor and attention to detail enhanced our sensation of relaxation and enjoyment. And that’s just our rooms.

There is a library stocked with books and inviting seating, a bar with a really big, awesome TV, lots of cheerful seating areas (inside and out), and the outside … the property is simply wonderful: babbling brook, pond, grounds that go on forever ... lots of room to find peaceful reading spots or picnic happiness, gardens, an Alberta spruce maze-ish area with “hidden” seating areas, and porch seating … and more.

Then there’s the breakfast part of the B&B, located in the dining room overlooking the gardens and mountain with large picture window - very pretty. Here’s where you’ll meet Rick, if you haven’t already. Rick and food are meant for each other. He knows what he’s doing in the kitchen! His baked oatmeal – oh my goodness – everyday should be a baked oatmeal day, but then you wouldn’t get a chance to taste his other delicious creations. Bacon, eggs, potatoes, toast, fruit – sure … but what Rick does to them is magic and So Yummy! And local and organic! And you can tell he just loves what he does. He’ll come out to your table and describe what he’s prepared for you with such happiness … we couldn’t wait to dig in. Also, I have a number of food allergies and sensitivities, and Rick worked with me, taking great care to meet my dietary needs.

Rick, Kathy, and the Jackson House Inn are fabulous! Some other qualities we found here: serenity, peacefulness, quiet, friendliness. It’s our new little heaven on earth, and we’re glad they will be close by for idyllic getaways.

Room Tip: The entire property is shielded from the main road. As far as we can tell, all rooms have lovely views, but rooms to the back look over the back gardens and the mountain.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple