My husband and I are from Boston, and we stayed at the Jackson House Inn for a weekend of rest and relaxation this past November. We adored it! The owners, Kathy and Rick, were so warm and friendly...they greeted us and showed us around the inn. They have put an amazing amount of work into the place, and it shows. The grounds and the rooms are beautiful. We loved our room - we had a fireplace and jacuzzi tub! The breakfasts were to die for. Rick is an amazing chef and uses fresh and local ingredients. I have been to over 20 B&B's, and this by far was the best breakfast! Kathy served us coffee and tea every morning. We also loved the fact that they both knew the area well, and gave us great recommendations for dinner, shopping and beautiful Sunday drives so we could see the farms and mountains!
This was my husbands first stay at a bed and breakfast, and he couldn't have been happier. And just to make our stay extra sweet, Rick and Kathy knew it was my birthday weekend, so they surprised us with wine and birthday cupcakes in our room! We enjoyed the wine out on the front porch. It was lovely.
We would recommend the Jackson House Inn to anyone! We'll surely be back!
Thanks Rick and Kathy!
Natalie & Shaun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jackson House Inn offers refined relaxation surrounded by the beauty of Vermont. Just outside the village of Woodstock, our property is perfect for a private romantic getaway or a chance to reconnect with friends. 6 one-room suites with fireplaces and 5 classic bedrooms blend history with modern conveniences - all with an en-suite private bathroom with shower (some with massage tubs), WIFI, in-room controlled air conditioning/heating, most with HD television service. Locally-sourced, organic products are featured in a memorable multi-course full breakfast served at individual tables in our dining room, and non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages are available at all times. Wines, beers and spirits are available in the late afternoon/early evening. Stroll three acres of grounds including a freshwater pond and perennial gardens or gaze at the landscape from patios, balconies and chairs on the lawn. In colder months, a floor-to-ceiling woodburning fireplace burns during breakfast and the evening hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Jackson House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson House Hotel Woodstock
- Jackson House Inn Woodstock, Vermont