The Jackson House Inn would receive a 5 anyway, but the inn owners (Richard and Kathy) went above and beyond. First, although the inn is not really within walking distance of the town, it is a very short drive. The inn itself is beautiful and everything seemed new or recently remodeled. The back yard is huge and has a great garden and pond that provide a wonderful area in which to relax. When we arrived, Kathy told us that the room I had chosen had not finished its remodeling and offered us an upgraded room at not additional cost. Breakfast by Richard was exquisite - a divine peach compote followed by a scrumptious baked oatmeal (an oxymoron?). The topper, however, was that shortly after we arrived I decided to go on a run. Kathy suggested a route and I took off. Unfortunately, a thunderstorm sneaked over the hills and caught me in a torrential downpour at the far point of my run. Richard jumped in his car and went looking for me to make sure I was safe! Now that's service above and beyond!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jackson House Inn offers refined relaxation surrounded by the beauty of Vermont. Just outside the village of Woodstock, our property is perfect for a private romantic getaway or a chance to reconnect with friends. 6 one-room suites with fireplaces and 5 classic bedrooms blend history with modern conveniences - all with an en-suite private bathroom with shower (some with massage tubs), WIFI, in-room controlled air conditioning/heating, most with HD television service. Locally-sourced, organic products are featured in a memorable multi-course full breakfast served at individual tables in our dining room, and non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages are available at all times. Wines, beers and spirits are available in the late afternoon/early evening. Stroll three acres of grounds including a freshwater pond and perennial gardens or gaze at the landscape from patios, balconies and chairs on the lawn. In colder months, a floor-to-ceiling woodburning fireplace burns during breakfast and the evening hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Jackson House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson House Hotel Woodstock
- Jackson House Inn Woodstock, Vermont