All reviews rick's breakfasts mary todd lincoln two courses welsh rarebit frette linens attention to detail local ingredients each morning bacon and eggs my husband and i front porch his passion gorgeous grounds dining room new england bed and breakfast large bathroom
Reviewed November 9, 2018

Jackson House Inn is one of the best small inns in which I've stayed in over 40 years of extensive travel. Rooms are well appointed, very comfortable and well kept. Location is perfect for exploring mid Vermont. And the breakfast and amenities cannot be beat. Truly excellent. The Innkeepers obviously take both great pride and care in their work and it shows in every dimension. I would not stay anywhere else in that area.

Date of stay: November 2018
3  Thank CRMD
CavalierJCS, Owner at Jackson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2018

Your review really touches us, since your wide frame of reference makes your compliments mean so much more. Thank you for such glowing words. Please come back and stay with us again soon! (We promise not to let the praise go to our heads!)

Reviewed November 7, 2018

We had the basic room, which was very nice. The grounds are beautiful, the breakfasts are fabulous (they do not offer other meals), the wine and cocktails are excellent. But what made it truly special was the attitude of the operators, Chris and Matthew. They are super friendly, intelligent to talk to, and always give 150% -- and seem to love doing so. We came home one night to see that the electricity was out; but our sinking feeling lasted only a moment, as we soon saw that Chris and Matthew had placed giant glowing battery-powered candles everywhere, turning a potential disaster into romantically elegant scene. Can't wait to get back there!

Room tip: They are all great!
Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank johncberg
CavalierJCS, Owner at Jackson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

Power outages are always a test in the hospitality industry, so I'm so glad that we delivered for you. (I'm also glad it didn't last very long and didn't interfere with your hot water or breakfast in the morning!) I hope you'll visit again and try another room or suite: Every one is special and in shoulder season even the suite rates are very appealing!

Reviewed November 7, 2018

This was by far the best B&B we have ever stayed at. It is Vermont at it's finest! My boyfriend and I love touring New England, and we were so grateful to have come across this gem! The grounds are immaculate and the rooms were so comfy and cozy. The whole place is peppered with history and has such a charming aura throughout the inn. What made this above par for us was the Innkeepers, Chris and Matthew. Their hospitality knows no bounds! From their amazing culinary skills, to their mixology skills, they do it all and with such grace. You can tell when people love what they do, it really shines through. They were very informative about the town and answered any questions we had, along with recommendations on dining and stores. We can't wait to return when the snow falls and visit them again. It felt like leaving family behind when we left, and that is the ultimate B&B experience!

Room tip: Loved the Nicholas I room......has an amazing view with a balcony to look up at the stars or just enjoy the beautifully kept grounds
1  Thank Ashley D

Dear Ashley,

We are all humbled by your review. Wow--what wonderful praise indeed! I know you're a seasoned traveler, so your words mean even more. We hope you'll visit again--in every season!

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

The innkeepers, Matthew and Chris, are stupendous! My husband and I were blown away when the two of them came out to our car to greet us and welcome us to the Jackson House Inn. They insisted on taking our luggage up to our room, while the other gave us a tour of the inn. We were awestruck by the beauty of each area of the inn, in which attention to details was very apparent, and tastefully done. We 'loved' the backyard, which was serene, beautiful, and welcoming. There were different areas of the yard that were so fun to explore; from the chicken coop filled with the most beautiful chickens, to the absolutely stunning landscaping that is throughout their expansive backyard, and the pond that was located in the very back filled with trout. Matthew and Chris had mentioned to us when we had arrived, that they have food for the fish if we would like to feed them, which of course we did. Man! The serene pond looked as if it had turned into boiling water once we had thrown the food in. Our room was beautiful, with an incredibly comfortable bed. It was so big and poofy that you had to use the wooden steps to get onto the bed. One of the things that is waiting for you in your room, is a couple of pieces of Red Kite Caramels, which I'm pretty sure we would have never known about. I'm addicted! I just placed a $70- order on Red Kite's caramel, to share with my family over Thanksgiving. Consider yourself blessed to be able to stay in such a charming bed and breakfast. You won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherylzbarrel
CavalierJCS, Owner at Jackson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2018

What a fantastic and fulsome review! We feel doubly honored that you chose to stay with us, and that you were so generous in sharing the details of your experience for the benefit of future guests. We agree that one of the key elements of hospitality is attention to detail, so it's just enormously rewarding to have those details observed and appreciated by a guest like you! Thank you and do please come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2018

Driving up to The Jackson House, tucked on a small side street, we knew it was the right choice for our getaway and birthday celebration. Chris & Matthew met us at the door and we immediately knew this was definitely the right decision. We were given a tour of the home which is rich in history and warm and inviting like your own home. We stayed in Francesca, a suite on the 3rd floor. The room was warm, inviting, luxurious but felt like home - and spotless. Breakfast in the am was just the icing on the cake. Everything home made with love. The Jackson House was recommended to us and we are so happy we experienced this beautiful property. A huge huge thank you to Chris & Matthew. It was truly a pleasure to meet you.

1  Thank bcampb829
CavalierJCS, Owner at Jackson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Francesca is one of my favorite suites, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know that Matthew and Chris enjoyed looking after you, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Inn, its history, and its setting. Please visit again soon!