See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2018

We arrived Sunday . No restaurant Sunday Evening - No restaurant all day Monday and thankfully I'll be gone on Tuesday. This hotel reminds me of a hostel . The Rooms are ok , old fashioned had the basic needs . Not even a bottle of water in your room . The beds are very hard you get one pillow each . The tiny TV is on the wall in the corner and really they should provide binoculars to see it . Just local Spanish TV . The bathroom is nice , bring your own soap ( see photo below for amenities ). The hotel was mostly clean. When I return to the area I will find somewhere else even if it means driving into town for meeting . A hotel should provide a good nights sleep and the quality of the beds did not provide that . I also feel that the restaurant needs to be open all week . I think people should keep the parts of their dead animals at home . Over priced for you get .

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2017

This hunter-trophy sporting hotel is not in the heart of town and has lackluster food and stingy amenities. The entire experience felt like a miserly older relative condescending to let me stay - with restrictions. Heat & air conditioning temperatures can't be adjusted, the hotel advertisers that each room has a seating area (ready it's a chair at a desk), it advertisers a free minibus (really it's an unplugged mini fridge that you have to wait to cool), a balcony (.5 meter by 1.5 meter and not possible to be on with the door closed). There was no parking in the hotel's lot, so I had to do car jockeying with staff. Food was poorly prepared and grossly overpriced. I would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2017

Stayed in this Hotel for 2 nights. Beautiful rooms, excellent faciities and very friendly and helpful staff. Food was excellent and great value. The standard is much higher than 3 star. A family run hotel and an ideal place from which to explore the wonderful National Park

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2016

I stayed here for one night. My plan had been to walk the 9-10 hours or so from Jimena de la Frontera along the GR7 but all sorts of things went wrong and, instead, I took the train to Ronda, the bus to Ubrique, and was then given a lift by a friendly Spanish man out to the hotel, which lies about 2.5 km south of the town centre. One of the things that had gone wrong was that I was feeling unwell and so I was perhaps not in a position to make the best of the hotel! But it seemed a nice place; very clean and well looked after. It has Wifi. It is decorated with hunting trophies (i.e., dead things), which might not be to everyone's taste. The restaurant was closed the evening I arrived and I was not feeling well enough for breakfast the next morning, so I cannot really comment on the food.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2015

The hotel was recommended by the atelier I work with because it is nearby. It's super quiet. The rooms were ok. Quite hot and when opening the window the door would constantly move due to the strong wind. Breakfast is average. I got some toast with jam. They should work a little harder for this but then again it was not an expensive breakfast. The staff is friendly. English is poor. You can park the car on a large carpark and sit outside in the sun with a lovely beer. Free WIFI is available everywhere in the hotel. The hotel is a drive away from the center of town.

Date of stay: May 2015