“Atlanta History Center” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Victory Tour in Atlanta
Ranked #9 of 280 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome explorers of the world! If you're looking for history, knowledge and adventure, you've come to the right place. The Atlanta History Center is located in one of Atlanta's most vibrant communities where the stories and mysteries of our region thrive. Our 33-acre experience features award-winning exhibitions, historic houses, enchanting gardens, interactive activities and a variety of year-round adult and family programs. With ticket admission, our guests enjoy complimentary parking and all-inclusive access to Atlanta History Center destinations. The Atlanta History Museum is located at the Atlanta History Center. The Atlanta History Center also features the Swan House mansion, Smith Family Farm, the Margaret Mitchell House, the Centennial Olympic Games Museum, and five permanent exhibitions. Last historic home tours begin at 4pm
Homer, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atlanta History Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I didn't like that I didn't have enough time to see everything.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Gwendolyn F

almostdem
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good history lesson”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I liked learning all about the history of Atlanta. The presentation of information was wonderful. Unfortunately I don't think winter is the best time to enjoy a trip here because you really cannot enjoy the grounds. I would reccommend going in spring/summer.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank almostdem
Schaumburg, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Very interesting exhibits, visit the swan house, the only complain is they doesn't allow to take pictures inside the house.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Roberto G
Lehigh Acres, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Interesting Civil War display”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My aunt and I went on My visit to Atlanta during Christmas. We had purchased 3 tickets online for my grandmother to go with us. When the time arrived my grandma was sick and they would not refund or postdate the ticket. They have a nice chic a fila dinner. The house and the outdoor properties are beautiful sights.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank hollybwho
Smyrna, Georgia
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Awesome place to visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We enjoyed the whole place, but especially liked the Swan House! It is very relaxing and informational at the same time. The tour guides at the homes were very good too. Highly recommended!

Visited March 2012