“Good Hotel- Minor Problems”

Hilton Atlanta Airport
Ranked #92 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I was pleased with my stay at this hotel all in all. The check in was flawless, was given an upgraded room due to HHonors status, along with free breakfast vouchers in the main restaurant. Complimentary breakfast was offered in the executive lounge but the selection was limited so I took advantage of the restaurant, which offered the best omelette station I've been to in a long time. Bedroom looked to be refurbed within the past few years and had a huge TV and a nice king size bed. The hotel shower was roomy and excellent. (Parents be advised that if you happen to have children that don't like showers, there didn't appear to be any rooms with bathtubs, though I may be wrong. Didn't matter to me since my kids weren't here this time and the shower was awesome). The hotel is also well insulated and you don't notice the major international airport in your backyard. Lots of ample parking space and a good complimentary shuttle to the airport and MARTA station. (If you stay out here for more than a few days, there isn't much in the local area, so I advise going into downtown or Buckhead to look for food/entertainment/drinks).

My biggest problem is that this hotel has the most unreliable internet connection in a business center and executive lounge I have ever seen. The internet kept resetting and closing the browser every 5-10 minutes. I was trying to complete the last couple of pages of a project (laptop was out of commission) and I kept losing my work. There was nothing suggesting that time was limited to this short increment. This really nearly spoiled my stay as I have used business center internet in the past at other Hiltons with no problem. My colleague who brought a laptop with him informed me that the internet seemed OK in the rooms.

Alcohol in the executive lounge was also overpriced. I get that state law probably doesn't allow free drinks, but at other Hiltons I have seen liquor and beer offered at rates substantially below the price of the hotel bar during happy hour. I think that this would be a good way for rewarding HHonors loyalty or the fact that someone paid more money for the executive floor.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed here after a long day of travel from the UK and a long wait for immigration and my rental car. I was in a foul mood when I arrived but the very friendly chinese/american girl at check-in (Guilin I think) was so friendly and enthusiastic that I couldn't help smiling. Parking was $11 for one night,which I thought was a bit pricey as there was plenty of space and I was a hotel guest.
There were several dining options which is good for a bog standard airport Hilton. I opted for the Finish Line sports bar downstairs at the back of the hotel. I slept well in the big comfy room and was well rested for work the following day.

Room Tip: The south facing rooms have a grandstand view of the busiest airport in the world. Watching the shee...
1  Thank rolaaand
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed here one night so as to be close to the airport for our early next day flight. Check in was super easy with our Priceline confirmation printout. Front desk staff and concierge were friendly and efficient. Our room was very clean and comfortable. I had called earlier in the week to request a king bed, but we ended up with double fulls. Not a huge deal, as they were careful to tell me it couldn't be guaranteed due to using Priceline. Parking was free, in a gated secure lot.

Overall, I would stay here again under similar circumstances. It was a short 10 minute drive to the North Terminal Economy lot.

Room Tip: Be sure to retain a room key card after checking out, as that is how you activate the parking gate t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William T
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed here just the once but worth mentioning. Got a good rate for this above par hotel. Rooms large and very clean, nice staff, nice looking new look everywhere. offered a good menu to choose from at 10pm for dinner right from the lobby area. Room service, lots of parking. Close to airport or ball game south of down town right off the Hwy. Great sleep. great value for a Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank andypegonthego
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My son as part of a school trip stayed for 2 nights this week. He enjoyed the experience and loved the breakfast. Unfortunately he misplaced his iPod Touch. After his return we called the hotel and after the 2nd attempt the iPod was found and will be mailed to us. Thank the staff for the honesty. Great to know that the good character and honesty still exists. Thank You to the staff and to the person (W.W.)who found it and turned it in. You know who you are. :)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pioti D
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Pioti D,

Thank you for taking the time to not only provide some commentary here but in also sending a letter to the hotel about your recent stay.

I will be sure to share your kind note with the team.

We all look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

David Piscola

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Great Service, good food and the recent remodel makes this hotel a great place to stay in Atlanta. Thanks to Archie, Robert and Evelyn for great service and making a trip easy. The hotel is clean, and comfortable. And, thanks to the Director of Marketing who stopped as he was walking by to help us hang a banner!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank phiffer123
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Customer service was great; a very friendly & professional greeting and check-in process at the front desk. The room was comfortable and well laid-out, with a very cozy bed.

Even though I arrived somewhat late, the lounge – which was supposed to have stopped serving food – still had a few things left, which were tasty. The next morning, I went back there for breakfast, and was pleasantly surprised to find they had an omelette station, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs, etc.

The Internet connection in my room was solid; but a few TV channels weren't working. And the desk lamp shines in your face. (Seriously, who picked out these massive lamps with "slits" that let the bare bulb shine right into your eyeballs?! Common Hilton problem…)

AC in the room was quiet & functioning within normal parameters. The desk phone was pretty cool, a better-than-average-for-a-hotel model.

Overall, great location & customer service make this an easy choice if you need to be near ATL.