I was pleased with my stay at this hotel all in all. The check in was flawless, was given an upgraded room due to HHonors status, along with free breakfast vouchers in the main restaurant. Complimentary breakfast was offered in the executive lounge but the selection was limited so I took advantage of the restaurant, which offered the best omelette station I've been to in a long time. Bedroom looked to be refurbed within the past few years and had a huge TV and a nice king size bed. The hotel shower was roomy and excellent. (Parents be advised that if you happen to have children that don't like showers, there didn't appear to be any rooms with bathtubs, though I may be wrong. Didn't matter to me since my kids weren't here this time and the shower was awesome). The hotel is also well insulated and you don't notice the major international airport in your backyard. Lots of ample parking space and a good complimentary shuttle to the airport and MARTA station. (If you stay out here for more than a few days, there isn't much in the local area, so I advise going into downtown or Buckhead to look for food/entertainment/drinks).
My biggest problem is that this hotel has the most unreliable internet connection in a business center and executive lounge I have ever seen. The internet kept resetting and closing the browser every 5-10 minutes. I was trying to complete the last couple of pages of a project (laptop was out of commission) and I kept losing my work. There was nothing suggesting that time was limited to this short increment. This really nearly spoiled my stay as I have used business center internet in the past at other Hiltons with no problem. My colleague who brought a laptop with him informed me that the internet seemed OK in the rooms.
Alcohol in the executive lounge was also overpriced. I get that state law probably doesn't allow free drinks, but at other Hiltons I have seen liquor and beer offered at rates substantially below the price of the hotel bar during happy hour. I think that this would be a good way for rewarding HHonors loyalty or the fact that someone paid more money for the executive floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Atlanta Airport hotel is newly renovated with 17 floors and 507 guest rooms. Our contemporary full service hotel offers a warm, professional welcome in modern surroundings, near Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and less than ten miles from downtown Atlanta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Atlanta Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Atlanta Airport Hotel Atlanta
- Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
- Atlanta Hilton