“Interesting if you like puppets.”

Center for Puppetry Arts
Ranked #17 of 305 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Center for Puppetry Arts is a unique cultural treasure - a magical place where children and adults are educated, enlightened and entertained. Since 1978, the Center has introduced millions of visitors to the wonder and art of puppetry and has touched the lives of many through enchanting performances, curriculum-based workshops and the hands-on Museum, as well as Distance Learning and Outreach Programs.
Reviewed September 27, 2016

I visited because they currently have a Labyrinth exhibit. Very nice exhibit with items from the movie, and notes about each prop.

All reviews
"year olds"
"interactive displays"
"own pace"

Reviewed September 25, 2016

My friend dragged me to this. I feel in love with the place. I think we could have spent another hour in there but they were getting ready to close. It will put you in a good mood seeing all the puppets from childhood.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

Went when they had the Henson/Labyrinth exhibit on and it was beautifully done. The world collection is worth a good hour or two, and lots of hands on and color and kid programs and we had a blast.

Not a budget breaker, either. I absolutely loved it.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

And there you go out and about to get my money and time again and again for the rest of the year and the rest of the best way to go

See more reviews
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

I really loved this place. We were not able to attend a live performance, but my 8 year old boys and I really enjoyed the museum. The puppets from around the world exhibit was great and had several cool interactive displays. They even had several Julie Taymor pieces from the Lion King musical. Visit this side first & then head over to the Jim Henson exhibit and spend some time. We've been showing our kids old Muppet Shows, Fraggle Rock & Jim Henson movies for years, so we all really enjoyed seeing some of the puppets from back in the day. The highlight for us was seeing The Fraggle Rock Dozers. Cute gift shop as well!