“Fit for a King”

The St. Regis Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while attending a conference in Atalanta.

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Luxurious throughout. Rooms are large, bright and very comfortable. Large bathrooms with separate Bathtub and Shower.

Breakfast was excellent. Did not eat any other meals at the hotel.

Great outdoor heated pool.

Service was outstanding.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor with a large balcony
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Tokalosh,
Thank you for your compliments of the St. Regis Atlanta. We appreciate your comments on the exquisite décor and service you enjoyed as our guest. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

great staff, very friendly and helpful, room wasa great

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The room was incredible the dining service even better. The front desk staff sets the mark so high that they are in a league of their own. I have stayed with Starwood Hotels all over the world. The St Regis Atlanta is simply one of the top 3 hotels on the planet. The only hotels it can be compared to are the Gritti Palace In Venice and the St Regis in New York. I have stayed here multiple times and am looking forward to my next trip to Atlanta. WOW! Atlanta St Regis keep it up you have set a new bar for Atlanta. No other Hotel in the area can even compare..Dr Ted

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Perfection080
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Perfection080,
Thank you for choosing to be our guest during your recent stay in Atlanta. It is a great honor to be compared to The St. Regis New York and Gritti Palace and I am pleased to hear that our AAA Five Diamond service exceeded your expectations. I am especially delighted to hear of your plans to return to our address and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

My expectation for the St. Regis are very high, and the Atlanta property easily exceeded them. They consider every possible need, desire and detail. The room (not a premium or suite, just entry level or one notch up) was superb. Everything was considered in its design. A wealth of outlets and charging options. A clock, phone or remote anywhere you turn. (Although I would note that the soothing music on the clock radio upon entry was surprisingly hard to turn off!) The bathroom is even designed with a sliding panel to allow TV viewing from the soaking tub. Free shoeshine. Great fitness center. And the staff were super friendly and helpful. Not just a "you can print your boarding pass over there" or "I'll print it for you," but an offer to print it plus help adjust my seat assignment. The whole experience was thoroughly enjoyable from check-in to check-out.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Sir-Loin-of-Cali,
I would like to personally thank you for sharing positive feedback of your stay at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff has a commitment to each and every guest to create a discreet experience of bespoke service. I am pleased to hear of your exceptional visit and hope that you return in the near future!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Hopefully, my attempt at a balanced review will be helpful to other experienced travelers looking for such. St. Regis Atlanta is a lovely propery, but it is not up to The standards of similarly priced accommodations offered at places like Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Peninsula, etc. if you are not staying in a suite, then expect a pretty basic room with perhaps a 'peek out' balcony and uninspiring view. Check-in for me was unexpectantly snooty. As a Amex FHR and SPG Gold guest, I naturally inquired about an upgrade and was rudely and abruptly told that the hotel was fully booked - got it, no problem, it was the way it was communicated, like I was a street person asking for a glass of water. Unfortunately, the same person checked me out and the unpleasant experience continued. She never inquired about my stay, which is pretty standard stuff and initially failed to credit me for my FHR ammenities, which I had to point it out. Didn't say goodbye, ask me if I needed transportation, just a look of good riddance. No worries, I doubt I'll be back, I'll be checking into the Mandarin when it opens.

Pros:
Other front desk and hotel staff that I encountered were gracious and hospitable.

Valet staff knows how to hustle. It is $32 a day, but clearly they are not taking your money for granted, unlike my experience at the front desk. Best valet service I've had. Funny, I felt special leaving the hotel.

Unlike some of the reviews I've read here, my experience in the bar was great - fast, warm, and tasty. We received great table service. The bar and outside patio are both attractive. The clientele does skew older, but I didn't expect anything different. The pool area was stunning.

Cons:

First impressions are everything and my initial interaction with the front desk hostess soured my perceptions.

Coffee not delivered with wake up call as requested. I need my coffee, you know?

A strange sewery odor emanating from the shower drain.

Thin walls, you can hear everything in the halls. Very basic room, small shower. Could not get the temperature adjusted, roasted like a hot dog both nights

All-in-all, not the best value and I didn't leave feeling like I had experienced anything special. St. Regis did not exceed my expectations, but fell short in many regards.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Advourner,
Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that your stay was anything less than exceptional. We take all feedback seriously and I have reached out to you directly with a private message. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The St. Regis Atlanta and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I just returned from spending Easter weekend with my two college-aged children at the St. Regis. I chose this hotel based on the photos on the website! This beautiful hotel far surpasses the photographs! We were so welcomed, pampered, and relaxed that we only left the hotel to go out to dinner one evening and to church on Sunday. This hotel escalates from excellent to exceptional due to the most outstanding staff that I have ever seen. From the doorman, front desk, concierge, restaurant staff, bartenders, and housekeeping - EVERYONE was attentive, personable, and professional. We felt like special guests visiting our own family. This is a level of service attained by very few hotels! There is something for everyone here. We enjoyed everything from poolside cocktails, breakfast in the Astor Court, a fireside dinner and room service to afternoon tea. All of our meals were delicious, and Easter brunch was absolutely exquisite! It was our first time visiting Atlanta, and we barely saw the city. This hotel is just too enchanting to leave! I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ldg126
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Ldg126,
I would like to personally thank you for sharing positive feedback of your stay at The St. Regis Atlanta. We are honored that you chose to celebrate the Easter holiday with us and I have shared your compliments with our staff and management. Our exquisite atmosphere and uncompromising service make us a truly unique destination. We hope to extend our genuine Southern hospitality to you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Wonderful service than compliments such a stunning Hotel! The guest rooms were luxurious! (I found it odd that The St. Regis did not offer a small sundry shop.) Lunch in the Restaurant was terrific, the Lounge was very lively for a weeknight, and F&B for the meeting was spot-on. Great job!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Farzana770,
Thank you for writing a review of The St. Regis Atlanta. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and you enjoyed many of our award-winning dining options. We appreciate feedback from our guests traveling on business and hope you will return again soon.