W Atlanta - Midtown
  • Restaurant
US$161
US$95
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel(Atlanta)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$94
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$133
US$126
US$88
Travelocity
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

US$579
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,541 results
All reviewspiedmont parkbliss spabliss productsmodern hotelfloor to ceiling windowslobby barfood courtbusiness tripvalet servicemidtownhipuberatlmarta
Reviewed February 29, 2016

I'm a Hilton diamond member, but figured I should branch out for a business weekend in Atlanta. I have stayed at other W's (DC, Barcelona) and had high expectations.

1. The service was terrible. Day 1, they never came to clean the room. When i called to ask, they said I must have had the "do not disturb" sig so it was my fault (I didn't.). I asked if they could at least bring water and bath products (they brought water 3 hours later). Day 2: they came to clean but left the bottles of cleaning products in the bathroom and it was only half clean... toilet seat up, trash not taken out. The mini bar, water, snacks were not refilled... I went down in person this time to ask for water at least to be reestocked and they never came. I ended up buying some from a convenience store.
2. The hallways are dirty. When I went to bed on Sunday night, the room service trash from the night before was STILL IN THE HALLWAY. As was piles of dirty sheets and towels... just left there all day.
3. The "anytime anything" thing was a joke. I called to ask about dry cleaning times. The woman did not know the answer, so she said she'd call me back. Surprise, she never did. Same with asking about where to get a manicure. Never called back.
4. Bliss spa was booked and as a guest couldn't get an appointment.
5. The restaurant was mediocre, which is silly compared to the amazing restaurants in the neighborhood (try Soul City Kitchen!!)
6. Business traveler items were just not there: bad lighting, bad wifi.
7 .The walls were thin and I could hear entire conversations next door. I was prepared for hearing thumping music late-night (it IS a W, afterwall), but not the people talking and playing music next door. All night.

1  Thank HopeinBoston
WAtlantaMidtownGM, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Hello HopeinBoston.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am quite surprised that you received this level of service from our style department. I am personally following up with the Director of Style and will share this review to ensure this does not happen again. I apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2016

Hotel is centrally located for our plans. Spectacular room on the 20th floor with a great view of the city and a couple mountains in the distance, Contemporary layout with wall to ceiling windows. Firm but great and clean bed. Awesome bathroom, Very nice looking shower, but we had water temp fluctuating between melt your skin off and below luke warm every thirty seconds without touching the temperature control. I would definately return again, but definately inquire about shower temp quality.

Room Tip: one side gives you city views, the other gives views of the park and city.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
WAtlantaMidtownGM, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2016

Hi Tony.
We agree, our views are amazing especially on the 20th floor! Glad you loved our location and our awesome rooms. We appreciate all your feedback as we continue to make improvements for the best guest experience possible!

Reviewed February 28, 2016

There are a lot of casual meet-up spaces in the lobby and meeting areas of this hotel - giving it a real hipster vibe. But as a business traveler, there are several misses. My room didn't have enough lighting for me to work between meetings. The walls of the room are paper thin - leading to less than ideal sleep. The outlet near the bed was dead so I woke up to a phone without a charge. The room setup seemed to be geared for a time past - with lots of cabling and hook up options to connect to the TV. The Wired business center - where I hoped to be able to work better than my dark room - is a counter in the hallway outside of the meeting rooms. On the plus side, the rooms were big and the breakfast was above-average. The location was good for our conference and the group didn't need rental cars to enjoy themselves.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
WAtlantaMidtownGM, Manager at W Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2016

Hi BallGrl.
The essence of W design is to encourage social interaction whether it is for business or leisure and Midtown is a destination that is designed for a walkability and livability. So meetings and conferences get the best of both worlds! Thank you for sharing the experience of your room as this is important for us to know as we continue to improve our guest experience. Happy to hear we got your morning started off well with a great breakfast.

Reviewed February 26, 2016

I've been at W's in Chicago and NYC. A large local client of mine held it's kick off meeting at the W Midtown Atlanta. My first pleasant surprise was how easy it was to take the MARTA (train) to the area around the hotel. It was a couple of blocks walk but easy for the non-Uber. This hotel is true to the W Brand - cool but not pretentious, good food, exceptional low key but attentive service. The rooms are sleek in design and drop-dead-to-sleep in the bed. The conference facility was perfect for the two-day meeting with breakout rooms. Some folks like bright light and others want a Denny's menu - won't find that here. I had a question that went to the senior staff and got a very prompt and met-my-need response. Misty, Conrad - salud!

Greetings Chris.
Loved that you liked our fantastic location and our easy and walkable Midtown neighborhood. We think it's awesome that you rocked a good night's sleep in an amazing setting. And Misty and Conrad are bomb.com!

Charles Herbert
Director of Welcome

Reviewed February 24, 2016

My stay for a 4 night business trip was very disappointing and difficult for the following reasons:
1. This is not a hotel geared to business travel. I know, I should have stayed at the HGI down the street, but they were booked.
2. The food options are horrible. The Trace restaurant is the ONLY restaurant at the hotel. The menu is SMALL and limited. It takes FOREVER to get your order or room service. And the food is mediocre at best. An omelette and small coffee cost over $40 for room service.
3. The room is so DARK, I could barely see what was in my briefcase to get some work done.
4. It's expensive. Room rates are outrageous, $5 water bottles, $10 cashews.
They have a captive audience of very busy business people who are held prisoner in the hotel due to working long hours.
I guess I won't be staying here again, and I may not be staying at any W in the near future.

Greetings Coflyer.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We use all feedback to ensure we are delivering the best guest experience possible.

Regards,