“It's not bad, but likes to think very highly of itself”

The SHED at Glenwood
Ranked #339 of 4,098 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are right along the Beltline and Marta runs right past the restaurant.
Description: Nestled in cozy Grant Park, The Shed at Glenwood is a casual concept with serious food. Chef Justin Dixon provides a true neighborhood feel with dishes worth a drive. The menu is a constant evolution of fresh seasonal fare with integrity driven ingredients that our guests can feel good about. careful classic cocktails, affordable & innovative wine list, and a wide range of beers adapt in concert to the ever changing seasons. From a last minute meal to a special occasion, The Shed at Glenwood has a table ready. Daily Specials: TV Dinner Tuesdays- A plate of Nostalgia for $14 Wednesdays- $3 Sliders Thursday- Brewer's Dozen 1 dozen oysters on the half shell & a featured beer /wine $15 Friday & Saturday- BUY The Bottle! Great $20 Wines Sunday Brunch- Bottomless Mimosas $16, Sunday Dinner- Burger & Brew $18
Reviewed March 29, 2016

I went there several times, and the only really good things there were the company I was in. Food is adequate but over priced and a tad pretentious, as if the place wanted to compare itself with the excellent Gunshow across the street. There is no comparison. You get what you paid for, and granted, the prices are not near the Gunshow level, so consequently neither is the food, but its still a bit steep for what you get. Maybe they charge you for the ambiance, which seems a bit labored and not all that welcoming. The bar is probably the best part of the place.

1  Thank kandala

Reviewed March 27, 2016

Mundane Brunch

We went here for Easter Brunch after reading some positive reviews for their normal Sunday brunch. Unfortunately, we were disappointed.

The place is attractive enough although you would think that they could have done just the most minor decoration for Easter. The servers were quite capable and friendly.

The food was served buffet style and there were rather limited choices. For the breakfast part they had typical scrambled eggs, grits, bacon and sausage patties. Except for the very good bacon, the rest tasted and looked like it was straight off the Ramada Inn’s daily free breakfast. Another offering was biscuits and gravy. Really? How cheap can you get? The biscuits were good, the gravy not. The French toast got steamed in the steam tray and was soggy. A tray of smoked salmon with the usual fixings was fine. The pastries, including croissants and scones, were nice.

For the more lunch-like part of the brunch there was a bland salad and bland shrimp to put over some cheese grits. I was looking forward to the “herb crusted leg of lamb”. It had little crust and fewer herbs and tasted gamey. The lamb pieces floated in a sea of green peas. What a disappointment.

Dessert was some cookies and brownies that looked store-bought and were fine.

Bloody Marys were overly peppered and hot-sauced and short on a decent tomato juice. One in our group couldn’t drink hers and our server was kind enough to change it out for a Mimosa.

This was a poor showing on the SHED’s part and it left me with no desire to return.

Reviewed February 27, 2016

My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant several times, and each time walk away feeling like we have gotten a good value for the money we have spent. The service is always excellent, and the quality of the food is very high. It is clear that the Shed sources ingredients for quality and not just for price. The menu changes a little more than I'd like, but it is always a relaxing and comfortable environment.

Reviewed February 26, 2016

Breakfast was great! Just wish I had a little more food on my plate. I would return. Good drinks also!

Reviewed December 15, 2015

This is what a neighborhood spot truly should be. A great food and drink experience in a very comfortable space, all without the pretense!

I've been on several occasions and have eaten my way through the menu. The small plates change often, which I like, because I can experiment if I'm in the mood to do so.

The nightly specials are just as awesome--and there's something for everyone.

Great bar, great cocktails and beers, and a wine program that constantly evolves.

Brunch is awesome here, as well, but come early if you want a seat!