New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
San Antonio, Texas
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I decided to stay here over the past weekend. I was very disappointed in what I spent and what I had received. I was undecided whether to stay here or somewhere else. I had called the hotel and spoke with in-house reservations with a lady - Trish or Tina? She said they are known for their customer service. I said "we'll I'll give you guys a shot." It was my first time (and my last time) staying here. The hotel is easy to find, the problems happened immediately, no attention from Valet. I sat there, one person who was wearing a suit and helping another customer out greeted me, but that's it. Finally as I stepped out someone came over. The person in the suit didn't know how much valet was and the person helping me informed me of the cost, but not to his team member. Kind of odd. Check-in was okay, the lady said I was staying in a Business Suite, 935 square feet. She said that she can upgrade me at an additiona,l $50. I said sure. I think it would be nice guester if it was complimentary since it was my first time staying here, but I figured what the heck. The room was smaller than the business suite, only 500 square feet, a disappointment. It lacked that luxury feeling, very bland, the room wasn't what I expected on the 24th floor. I brought some music and movies, but no dvd or cd player? What a disappointment. Wi-fi was easy to connect too. Outside my room there was a bag filled with trash on the ground and it stayed their overnight and the next morning. There was trash in the elevator too. Big disappointment. The next morning I checked out early, didn't even it breakfast. Their was a slight bill error, but was quickly fixed. The bar is expensive, $16.54 for a Crown and Ginger Rale. I do not recommend staying here, not worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
APomiechowski, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience and apologize for issues that arose during your stay. While we are happy to hear that you were able to easily access the hotel, we do understand that a first impression is usually lasting and are disappointed to understand that yours was less than stellar. While we do pride ourselves in our traditionally superior service, it sounds like this was not your perception and we would love to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to contact Alex Pomiechowski at apomiechowski@loewshotels.com with additional feedback and to discuss your concerns. Thank you again for your visit and feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. The hotel was incredibly comfortable..the rooms, the bed, and the meeting rooms. I attend many large meetings and this hotel knows how to do it right. The only suggestion would be to have wifi access in the meeting rooms that is not controlled by the meeting leader. The staff was especially helpful in guiding me to a great place to run a few miles too. The food at the meeting was better than the normal conference food too. I would recommend this hotel!

Stayed March 2012
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Best for short-stay business travellers.

This was our 36th hotel stay in five months of travel across North America. We booked through hotels.com on the day of our arrival, for a nightly rate of $159 (excl. tax).

We had a king size bed room on the 25th floor (#2508). Our room was the quality and standard you’d expect from a mid-range business hotel – modern furnishings & fittings, comfortable, fairly quiet and with the usual facilities.

It’s mostly patronised by business travelers. As vacationers, we were surprised by the attitude of some staff, particularly the concierge desk - a little too aloof and indifferent, occasionally abrupt, condescending and verging on rude. We felt we would have received better service if we’d been in our serious business attire. Unfortunately luggage for our 14 month around-the-world trip doesn't have space for our Gucci suits or Manolo Blahniks.

There’s a charge for almost everything (except the in-room Keurig machine), including a fairly comprehensive and pricey mini-bar. Don’t expect to be able to use the mini- fridge for personal items– there’s no space and it’s tagged and locked (though key provided). There’s a popular bar and restaurant onsite, though we didn’t use those facilities. We did use the in-room phone for a two minute phone call to another hotel in the USA, and will now have to sell a kidney on e-bay to pay for that mistake.

Wifi was free only in the foyer, but available for a fee in your room. We found the combination of location of our room and the hotel, impacted on the signal strength for our personal wifi also. The bed was comfortable and the room reasonably quiet (our room was next to the ice machine room, so we experienced some noise when it was accessed, but nothing significant).

A large flatscreen in the room as well as the bathroom (?), with the usual selection of cable channels. Our room had a bathtub and a separate shower as a nice touch. Room also had a large desk and lounge chair.

Access to a town car is available for local trips up to 3 miles from the hotel.

Security was good, with the front desk not releasing room numbers without id, and an in-room safe with default passwords changed.

Nearby on 10 St NE/Piedmont Ave NE, there are plenty of restaurants and cafes, and also try South City Kitchen for classy southern style food two blocks walk on 13th St NE.

For something different/unusual: Try free trivia on Tuesday nights at the nearby casual Joe’s Tavern. Margaret Mitchell’s (Gone with The Wind author) historic house is a block away on Peachtree N.

Overall a comfotable stay, but sterile on service and attitude.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Boriski
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed here for one evening on a business trip and everything went off very well. The location, service, and premies were wonderful. The room was thoroughly comfortable and vey clean. We had a nice view from the 23rd floor as well. I cannot fault anything about the hotel and the experience, with the minor exception that we heard some road/night party noise from Peachtree, that is right below the hotel.

Overall highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room on the 23rd floor had a superb view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My Maid-of-Honor and I spent a weekend at the beginning of March for my bachelorette party at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We loved it!! It was fresh and clean looking. We were upgraded to a suite because they heard why we were there celebrating! We made it to the 25th floor and had an excellent view of the city. We are from a small town in Tennessee so we both felt super elegant. The beds are something to brag about and the shower was amazing. The Concierge was very helpful in making our dinner reservations and the valets were always prompt in retrieving our vehicle. It was a short but rememberable trip! : )

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bing1869
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

And super service! A friendly check-in, helpful concierge and wonderful housekeeping staff made this a perfect stay. The earth tones were soothing, and the bath offered plenty of towels, nice toiletries and even a TV. Lounging in the hotel robes was nice too. The bed was comfortable, and the Keurig coffemaker (with tea and hot chocolate options too) made waking up easy, as did the complimentary newspaper outside the door. Try the crab cakes benedict for breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. The bar scene can be loud.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
New mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I spent two nights during business trip, loved every minute. The rooms are modern and functional and the comforter was a piece of cloud 9. The staff is incredibly friendly. The Valet parking worth the $30 per day, although there is plenty of parking right across the street. But if you stay here, make sure you eat breakfast! it is awesome. I had a chef make me an omelet that was not your grandma's...5 forks! Only complaint was: the store/kiosk at the lobby did not have chewing gum, just mints...awww :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business