“Enjoyable stay, great staff”

Loews Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #3 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles, California
“Enjoyable stay, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed here 4 nightson business. Check-in was fast and friendly. King room on 20th floor. Bed is incredibly comfortable. Robes in closet. Desk with two chairs and a comfy chair & ottoman w/end table. Lots of lights for reading in bed.

Best feature is Keurig coffee/tea/hot chocolate maker in room. Wow! I'm addicted. I want one at home.

Convenient to MARTA and lots of restaurants, as well as beautiful Piedmont Park. Miami Marlins were guests during our stay.

Food/Beverage staff at meeting functions were great. Friendly and attentive, they remembered our drink preferences from night to night. Food itself was good. Excellent oatmeal and also chocolate croissants at breakfast. Evening happy hour foods were also delicious.

I hope we have a meeting here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the nightclub on Peachtree south of the hotel. Ask for north side of hot...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
At Loews Hotels we place a lot of emphasis on personal touches and we are excited to have exceeded your expectations. Our staff are extensively trained on anticipating guests’ needs and remembering their special preferences. Thank you for your recognition and we cannot wait to welcome you back to your Atlanta home away from home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Wagontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I was in town for business. After a very long day, all I wanted was quality rest and I got it. The rooom was very comfortable (and I don't say that normally because I never sleep well when I travel). The staff was professional and friendly. The hotel was very conveniently located within walking distance to my office. I must stay it would be nice if they had a rewards program (maybe they do and I don't know about it). You can't go wrong staying here!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
We are very happy to hear we could give you the much deserved rest and relaxation after a long day. Guest loyalty is paramount to Loews Hotels and we would love to enroll you into our frequent guest program YouFirst. Our program offers unique benefits to our repeat guests and we want you to be able to take advantage of them as soon as possible. Enrollment is very easy and you can do so online or by calling our Front Desk at (404) 745-5000. We cannot wait to welcome you back!
Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This hotel is great and close to many things in Atlanta. It's a beautiful nicely built hotel that can accomodate people going on business or vacation. We rented a grand luxury suite, which was perfect for a family with 2 small kids. The suite was so big that the kids slepts in the room while we stayed in the living room. The bathroom was outstanding with even a small television inside. I even tried the fitness center and that's big enough to hold more than 50 people inside. The only downside to me is that they don't have a pool, which would have been great to bring the kids. Also, the television was not working well due to satellite issue. Other than those 2 small issues, I really think that's a great hotel to use when you go on vacation or business in Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel was wonderful! My boyfriend and I had a wonderful experience with the staff and all the accommodations that they had to offer! The hotel called around for nightclub entertainment for us, and even called around and found information for us about the happening for the new years eve attractions. the bartenders were fabulous and so way the food. Valet parking was unbelievably quick and friendly.The room and the view that we stayed in was just amazing! I even left my pea coat on accident and they had it downstairs waiting for me!! This is the only place that I will stay any time I come to Atlanta!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have stayed in all four 5 star hotels in Atlanta, including, Mansion on Peachtree, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, and St. Regis. I have also stayed in at least a dozen 4 star hotels in Atlanta. Loews was by far the best four star hotel. It exceeded my expectations. The valet attendants were all helpful, the front desk attendant was very friendly, and the manager upgraded my room even though I didn't ask! I called down to the concierge to ask a question about a restaurant close by and he had a free appetizer coupon waiting for me on my way out!
The rooms were very nice, and the view was AMAZING. Ask for a corner room.
Each bathroom is appointed with a tv. Very nice touch.
You won't go wrong with Loews!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ugapeach4
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I live about 25 miles outside of Atlanta. I had a few things I wanted to do downtown over the weekend so I thought it would be fun to plan a little staycation for my family. I travel with my husband and two year old daughter so we always look for a room that has a separate bedroom area so that naps and bedtime are not a problem. We booked the "grand luxury suite". The room was beautiful and in great condition. Nothing looked worn out. Not even a speck of dust. With exception to a few minor stains on furniture/ throw pillows the room was perfect. Huge beautiful bathroom, table for four, desk, living room, very comfortable king size bed. We had requested a crib be in the room for my toddler and for the first time ever (we travel often) there was an acceptable crib in the room. It was a nice wooden crib with a fitted sheet -versus the pack n play or drop side cribs many hotels offer and an actual fitted crib sheet instead of an adult sheet folded and wrapped around the crib mattress. That made me very happy. There was also some baby toiletries and little books for her left in the crib-very nice touch and much appreciated. The valet employees were all very nice and prompt. They were very kind and understanding when we kept forgetting things in the car..they would retrieve it and when we apologized they asked us not to and said it was no problem at all. The bellman that escorted us to our room was welcoming and when he noticed a chair out of place when he opened our door he went in to check it out. Apparently when they brought the crib in they had moved it to make a path but did not put it back. I thought it was nice of him to be concerned and make sure the room was in order. He put the chair back where it was supposed to be. Check in/ out quick and polite. Small error on bill at check out but was quickly resolved. Nice bar area with a live band. Nice cocktail menu and they were pretty and good but really weak.

The hotel is 2 blocks from Piedmont Park where we were attending the Dogwood Festival. It was great to take a short walk instead of fighting for parking. It is also about one mile from Atlantic Station where we went to see the Titanic artifact exhibit.

We called the front desk late at night Friday to book our stay for Saturday. We wanted to inquire about room types and availability. One person told us the rooms were not actually suites and then we got disconnected. We called back and another person told us there were no rooms available and again we were put on hold and disconnected. We called again and asked for the manager who told us at least five different prices and descriptions of each room type. It was so bizarre and mind boggling that we were left dumbfounded and told them nevermind. We woke up Saturday morning and decided to give the Loews a shot in spite of the phone experience. We booked a room online and packed up and went. I'm glad we did.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is excellent. From the check in process to the room decor I have nothing but superlatives to offer. The bed was so comfortable I would have overslept if I hadn't set an alarm. The floor to ceiling windows offer a wonderful view of Atlanta. I especially like the TV in the bathroom. Finally the staff is first-rate. I was sorry to leave and look forward to staying their again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business