Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek
Ranked #51 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Stafford, Virginia
“Outstanding Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Excellent and fast customer servive. The attendant who served us was very curtious, heplful, and friendly. I would recommend this Holiday Inn express to anyone looking for a comforatable,safe, friendly place to stay during their travel. Thank you Tara for being an excellent help.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for recognizing Tara at the Front Desk! I will share them with our entire team. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our customers and takes tremendous pride in our hotel and the jobs they do. Feedback such as yours means a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I selected this hotel based on reviews from this site, and it did live up to my expectations...

The front desk staff were very nice and friendly. The facility is pretty new and is in a good location, adjacent to a shopping center. There is a Walgreens right next door so you can pick up any snacks or forgotten items. Red Lobster, Chick-Fil-A, and a number of other restaurants are nearby. It is very close to the airport if that is a priority for you.

There is a pond right behind the hotel, so if your room faces the rear you will have a nice view. We actually saw people waterskiing on the pond during our stay. The hotel also has a large deck so you can step outside and take a look at the pond as well.

The free breakfast was good - had what you need to start your day... cereal, eggs, breads/pastries, sausage/ham or bacon, a pancake machine, juice, fruit, etc...

The only "gripes" I had were that the hotel did not honor the price quote I was given when I booked my hotel through their website. The price I got online was slightly more than the Courtyard Marriott (located right across the street from the HIE) where I usually stay when I am in town. However, I decided to try it since it was new and they were offering free breakfast. However, apparently their website doesn't correctly calculate the taxes on the room. (**watch for this if you book through the HIE website**) So my overall stay was around $50 more than what I was expecting to pay. In short, had I known this up front I may have opted to stay at the Courtyard (which is also new and very nice) since the "free breakfast factor" was now a non-factor price-wise. I pointed this out to the front desk staff, and was told that they would look into it as I checked out. But my credit card bill later reflected the higher rate.

Also, I needed to use the washing machine while at the HIE and there is no change machine in the laundry room. The front desk didn't have change either. I wasn't expecting to have to wash clothes, but sometimes stains happen. When I finally did get change (from Walgreens) the washing machine was horrible and basically didn't even dissolve the washing powder after two cycles. Wasted a few bucks there.

With those warnings, I would recommend this hotel. Just double check the price you are quoted if you book through the HIE website.

Room Tip: Stay on floors 2 and above (pool, exercise room, etc on first floor and can get loud) and face the b...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank travel0ne
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for the very positive comments! I apologize that the tax rate was different that what you expected it to be, I have double-checked all of our systems and websites to verify that it is quoting and posting correctly. Also thank you for sharing your experience regarding change (quarters) for the laundry machines. We are located next door to a bank and a 24-hour Walgreens so you should NEVER be told that change is not available - if it is not at the moment then someone should immediately go get some. This has been addressed. Thank you for being with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Arriving at 4 am from a delayed flight, we found an oasis at this hotel for one night.
Tara, at check-in, made it possible to be in the room within minutes.
Wonderful bed.
Full, hot, serve yourself breakfast.
Airport Departure board and boarding pass printer in lobby Business Center is amazing.
Labroska, at check-out, rounded out a much appreciated stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annebessent
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
THANK YOU for the wonderful comments, and for recognizing Tara and Labroska at the Front Desk for taking such excellent care of you. I will share your thanks with our team. Please come back and see us again soon!
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was our first trip to the Georgia Aquarium and we wanted a hotel that was close, without paying big bucks for the downtown and midtown hotels. Made reservations directly through the HIE website - very fast and the AAA rate was less than rates I found on other online discount travel sites. The hotel is right next to the airport and about 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, so it's convenient in that regard. Lots of restaurants in vicinity, with a large Target down the road, and a Walgreens right next to the hotel. You can hear the jets overhead, but it wasn't to the point where we couldn't sleep.

Check-in wasn't too bad, but the front desk person was extremely busy, handling reservations and answering the phone as well (Friday afternoon). She was efficient, but not overly friendly. One of the reasons we stayed here was the high customer service ratings I saw on TripAdvisor - maybe my expectations in this area were too high. Check-in was competent, but not anything special (just being honest). We didn't get the million dollar smiles or warm cookies, that's for sure. Maybe those are reserved for people who stay there often? I requested two rooms side-by-side. We were told they were not available, and the rooms were down the hall from each other on the 4th floor. Not sure we totally buy that, as the hotel was definitely not full, the parking lot was scarce. Not that big of a deal, but.. One of our rooms was next to the water and the other was not. The water view was very nice and peaceful. One room was king and the other was two doubles (they advertise queen, but these seem sort of in-between). The rooms were very clean, and the sheets were soft. Pillows are fairly soft, so if you like hard pillows, you may want to bring your own. The bed was extremely comfortable. The TV was flatscreen and great. There was a refrigerator and microwave in each room and having the frig was great for storing extra water and drinks we brought with us. The bathroom was average, but the sink and vanity were very high (why??) and far away from the mirror. I'm a little over 5 feet tall and it was a struggle to put my makeup on. If you have trouble seeing to put your makeup on, you may be in trouble. I had to use the full length mirror on the closet door. If you are tall, you'll love the bathroom. The shower was nice and the water was hot and the water pressure was good. The hairdryer on the wall did not work and we had to call maintenance. They fixed it the next day while we were out. If we hadn't had another hair dryer in the family, we would have had to do without the next morning. You may want to bring your own dryer to be safe. The AC unit in the room was great. We were able to keep the room a little cool, just the way we liked it. The hotel was fairly quiet, except for some early morning talking and whistling in the hallway, nothing major. Breakfast was a little above average, with eggs, biscuits, gravy and sausage. There was a wide assortment of danish, bagels, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, cinnamon rolls. Whomever handles the breakfast works hard to keep it clean and stocked. Breakfast is from 6:00 am to 9:30 am. On Sunday there were lots of people still there at 9:30 and they held it over a little, which I thought was nice. Internet was provided free - you connect wirelessly or via a cable modem in the room, or you could use the computers in the lobby, where they had printers available.

Overall, our stay at this hotel was good. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the location was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor with views of the water. Also ask for room at the end, not close to...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your excellent and very detailed review of your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the Front Desk Clerk who checked you in may have been distracted and not as fully attentive as normal due to other front desk activity at the time. As you read in our our many other very positive TripAdvisor reviews regarding the excellent service at our Front Desk, this is not typical and I assure you it will be addressed. I also apologize that you had trouble with the hair dryer. The hair dryer was fine, the problem was that the GFI wall outlet safety button had tripped, and the reset button on it needed to be pressed back in to reset it for use. Our maintenance person did this the next day as noted. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to tour and visit downtown Atlanta as well as our own Camp Creek Marketplace area. We hope your travels will bring you back to Atlanta soon, and that when they do you will again choose to stay at our hotel! Thank you..
Chevy Chase Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Reservations: easily made over the internet with Hotels.com Great Price
Check-in: extremely warm and friendly, helpful, and efficient
Room: large, great bed, nice bed linens, flat screen TV, large well appointed bathroom with excellent towels and nice bath products. Very quiet.
Internet: FREE and VERY FAST and RELIABLE.
Gym: small but clean, with top notch cardio and some mats and dumbbells
Pool: medium sized and very clean and modern
Free Breakfast: above average for a chain hotel
Check-out: fast efficient and accurate.
Location: near lots of shops and restaurants. About 5 miles from airport. Lots of parking.

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk clerk about what you would like. They aim to please.
1 Thank Tackle
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Thank you for the very nice comments and review. We sincerely appreciate it, and hope you will return to our hotel soon and often!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is one of the nicer Hotels in the Camp Creek area. The service is exceptional and the rooms are always very clean. The breakfast is much better than that of other hotels in the area.

1 Thank Jason R
JKJohnsen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Airport West - Camp Creek, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you sir for the excellent review. We appreciate it! Please come back soon!
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Very clean and nice staff. I like the t.v. In the waterfall. I will be staying here again whe I return to atlanta

1 Thank Frankie G
Thank you for the great review. We very much appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you again when next in Atlanta!