“Unclean and Unsafe”

Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Ranked #126 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We booked online through Hotels.com and the price was awesome, they had a gym and a pool. When we got there, it was an eye opener. The first glimpse was the very murky looking pool. I was looking to see if there were any KOI fish swimming around. When we got to our 2nd floor "NON-SMOKING" room, we first had to walk through about 30 feet of smoke and incense in the hallway. Only the one elevator. Anyway, we were tired from our Tampa to Atlanta drive so we went in put our stuff down and went to get a bite to eat. In the course of the next two days, there were safety issues with plugs not covers, wires being tired into other outlets, the merky pool light flicked, the pool area was dim and the gym, well never mind...just know that for the money I saved, $50.00 to move out of Atlanta 10 miles, was not worth saving. This place reminds me of the "pay by the hour" places you see in the movies where the hookers, druggies, and fugitives hide out. And the "free wi-fi"? Only if you could connect to it.

Room Tip: There are none her, choose another Hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonnie F

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I recently visited this place over the weekend. This by far was the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in...I wouldnt not recommend it to my dog! The hotel looks nothing like the pictures supplied by management. The rooms are old and have mold and mildew everywhere. Once we exited the small elevator the smell of old gym socks and mold hit my nose....We enter into our room, which has mix-match furniture and smells just as bad as the hallways. The plastic shower curtain had dried blood on it and the metal above the shower space was rusted and showing through the paint. I almost walked out and went to another hotel dispite it was non-refundable. Not sure the last time the sheets were changed due to all of the hair that was left on the sheets....yuck.....If the area didnt look so seedy, I would have rather slept in my car. To top it off, we were awaken by the sound of someone getting body-slammed into our door at 2am!!!! When I called down to the front desk, the receptionist simply said she was taking care of it.....Whoever was fighting they were also smoking illegal Mary Jane which poored into my room as they left the hotel with the room door wide open until housekeeping came around 8am! I looked outside the peep-hole and the police were standing in the hall escorting 2 girls out of the room, but they still lef the door open and the tv blaring all night. I was in such a hurry to get out of the hotel in the morning...this was the worst of the worst, then to top it off, I now have a skin rash all over my body! either from the cheap soap or the wash-rags becasue I did take a shower but I slept in my clothes and not on the dirty sheets. This motel should be shut down!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I will never - ever stay at another Days Inn no matter what state it is located in! I'd rather sleep under a rock or in a roadside ditch for that matter. I am sure the accomodations would be cleaner than what any Days Inn would offer. This was only my second time at a Days Inn. The first time was a Days Inn in Savannah Ga. It was nasty as hell and the staff spoke very little English. Furthermore why in the world in this day and age did they still have those 19 inch and old box TVs in the room? So when I came to Atlanta, this time I thought "ok, its near ATLANTA, I'll give it a try." What the hell! I could not believe this place. I was given a room that still had a wet vomit stain beside the bed! When I complained to the desk clerk, I was told it was wet because they attempted to clean it up and it needed to dry. So, ok why in the world would they think a customer would want to have a room with a wet vomit patch that still made the room smell like upchuck? Are they stupid? So they gave me another room..and this time I just went plumb off!! There was hair in the bedsheets, in the tub and the toilet would not flush! This time I complained the staff acted like I was the crazy one! I told them I was leaving and wanted my reservation money back. The clerk told me I would have to call their 1-800 number for refunds because they do not keep cash at that location! What in the world is wrong with these people? Days Inn must be owned by a bunch on money hungry idiots! This entire hotel chain is a freakin joke and should be investigated and closed down! No one could ever be desperate enough to stay here, and you would be crazy if you did. Stay far, far away from this place. Better yet, add a few bucks and stay somewhere better.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This place is disgusting! Dirty, smelled funny, rude staff, breakfast was a joke. Crammed into a tiny area where you couldn't help bump into strangers, the coffee was gross and the orange juice was scary!! The "indoor" pool was in a glass building and was freezing,we paid the extra money so that our daughter could swim. Worst of all though was how we were rushed out, almost to the point of harassment.Check out time was 11, at 8:45 am a maid was knocking on our door asking us when we were leaving. As we were walking to breakfast, the staff was standing in the halls giving us dirty looks, like "why are you still here"....then at 10:30 the front desk attendant called our room to ask when we were leaving and if we intended on staying another night!!!! At this point I was Irate and called them back (my husband answered when they called the first time) and gave him a piece of my mind. He apologized and said he had only called to see how our stay had been. LIE!!! He was not concerned at all with the quality of our stay. He wanted us out. We will never go back. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, even if I didn't like them!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Firstly let me state I do not expect Days Inn's to be anything like first class, but I do expect clean and functional. When we arrived the toilet in our room was broken, so we were given another this had rubbish left in it, another was given this had not been cleaned at all, a fourth was given and this was basically acceptable but we had no confidence that the bed linen had been changed since the last occupent because the sheets were not ironed, If we had not been traveling for 20 hours since leaving home we would have gone somewhere else. DO NOT STAY HERE............................

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Yup, a lovely surprise: a used condom on the floor of my hotel room. I spent one night this craphole, woke up in a hurry to get out of the room that was already disgusting to begin with, I just took a quick peek under the bed to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything and what did I see??.......a used condom!! Honestly, how slack is that?? How just straight up disgusting is that???? Get a grip Days Inn! nasty nasty nasty. Oh and the receptionist didn't even apologize after I told her.....SLACK!

Room Tip: Don't Go
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank CCCait
Reviewed 27 July 2011

First, we had a couple quiet nights to rest while visiting Atlanta on our way to Florida (from Minnesota). Maybe because we stayed on the 3rd (highest) floor?

Everything else is below par compare to other motel. I felt they had too many people just sitting around to watch us or something. The environment fell "stuffy", the stair entrance is stiff and almost impossible to open if you don't know how. Elevator is slow and the stairway is very hot! They cut open holes and put fan running noisily at high speed, and it's still hot and stuffy.

We left early to head down to Florida. I was hoping to get a mug of hot coffee, only to find cold coffee inside. Must be left over from the previous day(?). When asked for hot coffee, the attendant told me to microwave it up!

With many choices available, I probably don't stay there again.

Room Tip: If you must stay, at least ask for the top most floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
0.4 km away
1.2 km away
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood
0.4 km away
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna

Been to Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria? Share your experiences!