“Memorable Spring Break”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #10 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed at the Wingate over spring break with our kids. We had a fantastic stay thanks to Alex at the front desk, Greg driving the stretch limo, and F.M. Moore taking care of our breakfast. The staff was extremely accomodating and made every effort to give us the best visit possible. The breakfast was fantastic & the complimentary limo service made our vacation a little more upscale. The property was immaculate and provided for every need. The rooms are beautiful with great beds. It was a great experience for everyone & would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Sherry G
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Your kids were great and we are so happy they had a great time. I am sure the fresh baked cookies at 3.00 pm every day helped. We hope to see you during their summer break.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and another couple stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to Atlanta. The staff was unbelievably friendly and accommodating and everything was immaculate. Here are the highlights:

1. We showed up at 11:30 AM and our room was ready so we got to check in 3.5 hours early!
2. The front desk gave us information on how to get around on the MARTA. The stretch Navigator limo shuttle even gave us a ride to and picked us up from the Buckhead station.
3. There were free appetizers every night.
4. We had a late flight out and were able to check out at NOON instead of 11 AM.

If you are going to stay in Buckhead, you will should absolutely stay here. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Wingate-Buckhead for our 4th anniversary. The staff made you feel like you were at a five-star hotel, with their hospitality and attention to detail. We reserved one of the suites with the double-jacuzzi tub, french doors between the bedroom and living room, and the softest bed to relax into.

The full, hot breakfast was wonderful, with authentic Belgian Waffles and Omlets, prepared fresh by a live chef with a wonderful personality. Fresh fruit salad, hot biscuits, juice and an expresso machine were just a few of the offerings.

Although we did not use the stretch limo (complimentary for guests) during our visit, we are looking forward to touring Buckhead on our next visit.

Thank You!

Room Tip: Upper rooms overlooking the outdoor pool have a nice view. Access is easy from all sides of the hot...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sue F
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for a "fun" weekend/spring break trip. I chose this hotel because of the neighborhood and the free limo shuttle service. We were not disappointed! The limo was fantastic and my daughter (17 years old) was thrilled!

Also the room itself was very good. The beds were exceedingly comfortable and the room was a nice size. Loved the wood flooring and area rug! Very clean and well presented room. My only "slight" negative would be that we were put in a room facing Piedmont Road and I would have liked to have been facing the other way because there was a fair bit of traffic noise.

The other thing we found VERY impressive was the breakfast in the morning! WOW is all I can say. Lots of selections . . cereals, muffins, breads, fruits, a homemade omelet and waffle station manned by an actual staff member (who was very nice by the way). Also, they had a cappucino and latte machine which I really appreciated.

The staff at this hotel were very courteous and gave us great service! We will almost certainly return to this hotel again when we visit Atlanta next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing Piedmont Road if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank vikesfan
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I've stayed here twice now in the past couple of months. I don't think you'll find a more pleasant stay in Atlanta for the money. The rooms are clean, nicely appointed and comfortable. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. They go out of their way to serve your needs so that you can just relax while you are there. In the mornings, they have a chef in the dining area to prepare fresh omelets and Belgian waffles while you wait. In the evenings, you really can't beat the complimentary limousine service to get you to and from one of the many great local restaurants in the area (they keep a list at the front desk). Have a drink or two, let them do the driving. It's perfect. The pool is nice, the exercise room is open 24/7 and yes, I'll say it again, the staff is just fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank R W
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was in Atlanta on business and chose the Wingate because of previous reviews I read on trip advisor. Well everything everyone is saying is true. The service was awesome from the front desk, housekeeping to the limo drivers. Image how I felt when the stretch limo picked me up from the MARTA station, open my door and took my bags. But it did not stop there. Every day of my stay at the Wingate the limo drivers made me feel safe and comfortable by driving me to my business meeting and picking me up at the end of the day. “I felt like a celebrity.” Everyone was so kind and courteous. They continually went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. The rooms were very clean and updated. The morning breakfast was fabulous and included freshly made waffles and made to order omelets. I even enjoyed the evening refreshments with the manager. This is probably one of the best hotel stays I have had.
Excellent job Wingate-Buckhead! Blessings to all of you for your Service!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank DebA_12_12
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I exchanged several emails with Freny before our stay. We were traveling to Atlanta for a special occasion with our two children. Freny made sure a bottle of wine was waiting for us in our room with a hand-written note. Thanks Freny!

Everyone is super friendly and accommodating. Chris made dinner reservations for us and provided us with a list of nearby restaurants. Craig took us around in the limo and even opened up the bar early for us one evening. All this plus free breakfast and free parking...which is a big deal in Atlanta. Thank you to everyone for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family