“Loved the free limo service!”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially those on reception, the limo drivers and the gentleman that made our delicious waffles for breakfast! Felt like superstars when we were dropped off by the limo at Gordon Biersch brewery/restaurant for dinner (excellent beer and food by the way!). It was this free service that attracted us to book this hotel and we weren't disappointed. The location of the hotel is great, however, we did find it very timely using public transport to get into downtown Atlanta to visit the attractions. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dromomaniacs
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

If you have to travel..... it might as well be in style !! Thank you for your great review. We look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,339)

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Although I haven't stayed in EVERY hotel in Buckhead, I have stayed in a several. I have been traveling to Atlanta on business every week for four months staying three or four days at a time; luckily, early on, I found this wonderful hotel. Cleanliness would be at the top of my priority list for a hotel; this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in; exceptionally clean. All of the rooms have hardwood floors, mattresses that are to dream about and faboulous 40-42" Samsung HD TV with plenty of cable channels. (We like the mattress so much that our next mattress will be exactly the one they have in all of their rooms.) There are never any surprises, everything at this hotel is consistent; I always know what to expect and they never dissappoint. The staff is persistently kind, pleasant, caring and willing to accomodate whatever need may arise; all seem to genuinely enjoy working at this hotel. The hotel is located in an easy access section of Buckhead while still being accessible to all of the desireable Buckhead/Atlanta destinations. The neighborhood is very safe and inviting, we regularly see elderly couples and others out walking and enjoying the outdoors late at night. I honestly cannot think of one thing that could be improved on (which is saying a lot considering how many nights I have spent there). They also have unbelievable coffee......save your Starbucks money for something else. The breakfast is always hot, fresh and delicious. This being the only Wingate Hotel that I have ever stayed in, the bar is definitely set high for the others to follow.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Jacque B

Wow !! We are honored that you hold us in such high regard and elevated company. Thank you for your awesome. We do have a mattress purchase program You can get the exact mattress we have at the hotel.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We booked this hotel due to the good reviews on tripadvisor, so I had high expectations when I checked in. I am happy to report the expectations were met and exceeded! We booked 4 rooms in total for our family reunion, with 2 of the rooms checking in 2 days in advance - and the hotel arranged for airport pick-up service (at an additional favorable price) and when my parents who were MIA at Atlanta Airport, Chris at the Front Desk patiently and professionally handled my frantic calls, until my parents were located. The first part of the group thankfully made use of the free Limo service within the 5 mile area, and the kids LOVED it, of course the adults were impressed to. I had expected some older Limo's but in actually they were newer models and quite impressive. It remains crazy though, to arrive at the walgreens in a limo :-) Once our small group was complete, Chris and the entire staff made our stay so personable and easy going - when one family arrived downstairs for breakfast, the staff informed us as to what the other family members were doing - " they just went back upstairs" or "they are sitting outside" etc etc...
Breakfast was MUCH better than the norm, with freshly cooked omelets, waffels and I LOVED the cornbread!
Rooms were large and airy with microwaves, fridges, comfy beds and wonderful pillows. One small issue was that there was no handle in the tub/shower at all for my mother to hold on to while taking a shower, so my dad had to assist. The hotel might want to check into this for the future.
In my opinion, THE best feature was the FREE expresso, cappuccino and latte machine that the hotel offered throughut the day on the breakfast buffet! I mean Free coffee that tasted better than the leading places that charge you $4.00 a cup!!!
So in all, exceptional service, great rates, savings throughout (shuttle, free coffee, free parking) - why would you book anywhere else??!! This hotel has just set the bar in my opinion for other hotels to follow!!!! Good job Wingate!

7  Thank Herisa

It is our goal in life to be the best we can be !!!!! We are so happy that we met all your expectations and that your family reunion was a great success. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, they are awesome and we are blessed to have them all.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were very pleased with the hotel, the service, our room and location. The beds were very comfortable and great pillows and they didn't have any carpet in the rooms...our room was very clean. We stayed for 2 nights while here visiting the aquarium and the American Doll Store. Before the trip I was really nervous about driving around Atlanta, but with our Garmin we had no trouble at all getting around to and from our hotel. The staff was very friendly and they had a great hot breakfast. They also had a complimentary limo ride within a 3 mile radius. My little girl absolutely loved this! We would most definitely stay here again.

5  Thank Connie R
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The hotel was very nice/clean. The morning breakfast and evening reception was wonderful. I enjoyed the shuttle (limo). I especially wanted to recognize Chris, he was friendly and very helpful...you could tell he really enjoys his job. I have no complaints; I would definitely stay here again! Keep up the good work!

Pam T.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Pam T
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Thank you Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead for yet another weekend. Greeted by familiar faces over a period of years...which is astonishing really. Love the lack of valet parking, easy in and out for your self parked car and the quieter location closer to Piedmont but a stone's throw from the Lenox complexes. If you want room service and someone to carry your bags in, look elsewhere but if you want to escape the Madding Crowd while being on Roswell at Piedmont close to Lenox Road...book here. Room has comfortable bed, and facilities remain good looking. Microwave and fridge, better breakfast than you deserve at this price point with someone to cook eggs and omelets to order. Coffee that is actually very good and a pleasant dining space. A bar for that evening drink and a decent pool and workout area. Business office that is functional for patrons. The chain also offers discounts for 2 and 3 night stays. This hotel has that something missing elsewhere..a little heart, a well-trained staff and a way to make Atlanta more personal for those needing a place to stay.

Room Tip: There is traffic on Piedmont but this location is less complicated to use as a starting point than m...
3  Thank scottries
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at Wingate as a part of a wedding party group. Long before our arrival, email exchanges indicated a very professional and helpful service. The Wingate is everything you expect from a quality hotel, but this one stands out amongst the others because of all the additional special touches like the gratis limo service which we used. Wonderful touch. The location was perfect, the room clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were always helpful and courteous. This is my second time in Atlanta and I am so glad we stayed at Wingate in Buckhead. This location shows a different side to the city with beautiful landscapes and historical buildings. The wedding was beautiful, all made perfect by our stay at Wingate. Thank you everyone for making our stay in Atlanta so memorable.

Room Tip: I emailed and asked for a room away from the main street. We travelled with our son and had two dou...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends