“Amazing staff but some room issues” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #5 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing staff but some room issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

From a staff perspective, the Buckhead Wingate exceeded my expectations. From the kind welcome that I received upon my late-night arrival to the assistance provided throughout my stay, the staff truly went above and beyond to ensure that my time at the hotel was as positive as possible. Unfortunately, I had some issues with my room that they could not help, due to a full hotel and an inability to move me, while prevented my time there being all that it could. When I arrived, a full wall of outlets in my room was not working, meaning that some lights did not work and, more significantly, that it was difficult for me to charge my computer, phone, etc. The front-desk staff sent maintenance to see to this issue as soon as I brought it to their attention, and they looked into the issue within 2 hours. Their work resulted in a partial fix that definitely made the stay better. Unfortunately, they were unable to do anything about the noise from the a/c unit in the room. The noise was so loud that it made it difficult to sleep, meaning that I was either awake in a temperate room due to noise or awake in a warm room due to temperature. Again, the staff was incredibly sympathetic to this issue and did everything that they could to make me more comfortable, but, as they could not move me to a different room and said it would be likely that the noise would be present anywhere, were unable to solve the problem despite their best efforts.

Apart from these issues, I found the hotel to be well-located and the room to be large, convenient, and clean and would likely recommend it to friends and colleagues or return myself, largely because the staff makes it worth giving the hotel another shot.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank LaurenandRyan
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Guest Survey.
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is
to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your
expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as
yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In
addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I
apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your
next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

We used the Wingate for our wedding party block and many of our guests stayed at the Wingate, including myself the night before my wedding. It was a great experience for me and everyone that stayed there. It was incredibly convenient, everyone that worked at the hotel was very helpful and wonderful to work with. The limo they provide was exceptionally helpful and useful for many of our guests as well. Freny, who runs the hotel, was an absolute pleasure to work with and made us feel very well taken care of. I would recommend this hotel for both a single night stay and for any large events where you need a block of rooms. Just a great experience. Thank you!

8 Thank SashaKR
Thank you so much. We are so happy that everything went off so well. Please come back and see us again soon ...... no reason needed !!
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

From the owners to the staff, everyone at the Wingate-Buckhead made this wedding weekend run smoothly. The staff could not have been friendlier and most accommodating to all of our guests and to us the mother and father of the bride. The limo rides for the out of town bridesmaids was a big hit and especially the bride and bridesmaids going to the Swan Coach House for the bridesmaids' luncheon in the limo really added an extra special touch. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone coming to Atlanta, especially with a group for a wedding weekend with so many activities all weekend long. Thank you again for your warm hospitality, it was very much appreciated by all!!

Room Tip: Wonderful to have nice large refrigerators in each room. Suites were fantastic. It was perfect hav...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Elizabeth M
Abingdon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Was here on business for 7 long days, but staying at the Wingate made my business trip a breeze. The hotel staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and most importantly, I felt comfortable in my room. When in Atlanta again I will be staying here again for sure!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Eric S
kingsport, tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We just returned from a 4 night stay at Wingate in Buckhead. It was everything I desire in accomodations, Clean rooms, floors, bathrooms, decor in the room was lovely. the breakfast is a great part of the day with made to order omlets not just pasteries and cereal. We were in town for touring the city and the Braves Baseball game on Saturday, we drove down to the train station, less than a mile away, rode the train in, it was easy, easy, so much better than fighing the traffic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a clean and friendly place to stay, the staff were all wonderful and any question i asked they answered me efficiently. thanks wingate you guys were great!

Room Tip: we were on the street side of the hotel and we did get fire and rescue sirens and morning sun, the b...
8 Thank kingsporttraveler
windsor,canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for 3 nights for a weekend getaway and couldn't have been happier with our decision. For a fraction of the cost of more upscale locations in the area, we had a large, clean comfortable bed in a very well kept hotel. The staff were all friendly and courteous from the desk staff to the maids and waiting staff.

Two items set this hotel apart from other hotels we have stayed at in the past.

1) you get a free breakfast buffet. Sure we have stayed at other hotels with "free breakfast", but this place had an omelette station and waffle station as well as an assortment of bfast items.

2) Their courtesy shuttle( to anywhere in a 3 mile radius) is a stretch limousine. All at no extra cost to you. (we tipped the driver).

All in all I would highly recommend this very nice hotel in a truly wonderful city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank yoozeer
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I very much enjoyed our recent stay at the Wingate. All of the employees were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful and drinks in the evening also very enjoyable. Beds were comfortable and the room was very clean.
This hotel has a great location and many choices for dining close by. We have found our new favorite hotel in Atlanta.

3 Thank jewell968