“Good location downtown”

Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th
Ranked #95 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 April 2012

From the hotel you can walk to most of Atlanta downtown, MLK museum, CocaCola, CNN, city park. Restaurants and bars all within 2 blocks. The only downside was the elevators which were very slow. I think one was being repaired.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I picked this hotel because I wanted to be close to the action of Altanta and also be near public transportation. I was nervous at first based on other TripAdvisor reviews. After arriving at the hotel i was blown away. The staff was very friendly and the room was great. There were reviews stating the hotel wasnt lit well, i totally disagree it was well lit and had plenty of space. The bed was soft, the sheets were clean, the kitchen was clean and there was plenty of channels during down time. Me and the guest i was with were very pleased with this hotel.

The marta bus stops right in front of the hotel. if you are looking to take the train the station is in walking distance. it is easy to learn and can be taken to two of the local malls with no problem. (Dunwoody and Lenux). Walking distance to a few good places to eat. High Recommend Taco Mac where there ahd to be over 50 beers on tap.

Overall this was a great hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I made a reservation at Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/17th Street that I called to cancel at 2:27 pm on the day of scheduled arrival (policy states customer may cancel up to 4:00 pm). Yet, they charged me $154.28 for the room. I called the hotel expecting an easy fix when I saw it had hit my account, but they are telling me that I cancelled at 1 something in the morning and would not be refunded. I explained that was not accurate and could scan and send them a screenshot of my cell phone proving I had called their number at 2:27 pm in the afternoon. After some discussion, they are refusing to refund. I have called the 800. number (waste of time) and the hotel again asking to speak to GM. Either they have a glitch in their system or they are purposefully entering incorrect information in order to charge people who cancel but either way their customer service is terrible and I will never stay at or book a room for others at one of their hotels again and warning BEWARE!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kwsmith14
Reviewed 11 April 2012

During March 2012, I stayed at this hotel on 4 separate occasions and at first everything was excellent. The studios's and suites are all very nicely decorated, there is a small but adequate fitness center and a very nice breakfast buffet is served every morning. In the evenings, complimentary beer and wine are served along with hors d'oeuvres. During my last stay I had gone to the gym for a morning workout and afterwards went to the breakfast. While I was standing in line with my plate one of the "breakfast attendants" approached me with a scowl on her face demanding my room number, which of course I gave to her but commented that I didn't appreciate her attitude. Her reply was simply, "Huh" This however didn't end here and about 5 minutes later as I was going to sit down, she approached me again and this time DEMANDED THAT I SHOW HER A PHOTO ID. This was simply too much! I pulled out my wallet, showed her my room card along with my ID and while this of course satisfied her, I threw my plate onto the table and told her "thanks for ruining my breakfast" THIS WAS A HIGHLY EMBARRASSING INCIDENT. Everyone in the room heard this woman and must have thought after her treatment that I must not have been a guest as she so rudely implied. On my way back to my room, I stopped by the front desk and asked to speak with the General Manager. The clerk asked me what was the problem and after I told him he informed me that earlier there had been people who were not guests of the hotel trying to take advantage of the free breakfast and this was why, he said, the "breakfast attendant" did what she did. I was offered no apology and the manager didn't even have the courtesy to come out and speak to me. In fact he didn't even bother to contact me at all despite my request to the clerk that he get in touch with me. I am appalled at this and will reconsider every staying here again no matter how great of a rate I get!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank hendrixallen
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I won a room here through a Priceline bid, and was a little nervous about the room after reading hotel reviews. I couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel once I checked in. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and accommodating, and the room was spotless. I'm very finicky about cleanliness, especially in bathrooms, but my room here was perfectly clean. The room was small but very comfortable, and I didn't get claustrophobic the afternoon my husband and I stayed in. I stayed on the ground level, and had plenty of light in the room, and the room was well stocked with extra blankets and towels. I loved having access to a full-size fridge and though I didn't stay here long enough to use it, a decently-sized kitchenette came well-stocked with pots, pans, and utensils. The mattress was quite firm, which I like, and there was also a couch, recliner, desk, and small dinette set. The water pressure was good and the water stayed warm. There is a laundry room and fitness center as well (used the laundry room, which was clean, but didn't use the fitness room). My husband and I loved the location, too. Right in the middle of midtown. We walked EVERYWHERE, and didn't have to use our car until we headed to the Grant Park/Zoo Atlanta area. All the Midtown attractions/shopping are all within .5-2 miles. The only downside to the hotel was 1) the lack of vending machines. The front desk does have drinks and snacks (and even beer and frozen dinners) for sale, but they were expensive. And 2) the valet parking at $22/night. There was no option for self-parking. There is a parking garage next door ($18/night) but there is a sign that says "No hotel guests," so we didn't risk getting towed for just $4 saved. There wasn't any street parking nearby, either. But other than these 2 things, we loved our stay here, and would definitely stay here again when we're in Atlanta again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here on a Saturday night with my family during a Spring Break trip to go the High Museum and take some college tours. I am a dedicated Marriott person and used points for the room. We were in a suite, which was cramped for four people, but we knew that and they quickly accomodated our request for extra bedding. I did not, however, get the rollaway that I had requested in advance. I know that those requests are not guaranteed, but it seems unreasonable that a hotel of this size would only have three rollaways, as we were told. We did get the high-floor room, as requested, in fact we were on the top floor and were a little surprise by the somewhat industrial looking, high loft ceilings as they were not typical for a Residence Inn. It was not really a problem, and some people would probably find it appealing. The check-in process was not so appealing though. Parking is in an underground garage and is valet only, which is clearly explained on their website. But, when we were offered no assistance with our bags, which had to be taken up the elevator just to check in. I asked for a luggage cart, but was told that all had been taken upstairs by other guests. Wi-fi reception in our room was really poor.

Overall, the location is great and some parts of our service were very good. But overall, it was a pretty mediocre experience by Marriott standards.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BradNelsonJAX
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My husband and I are big Marriott fans and we particularly like Residence Inns in the States. So, needing to travel to Atlanta on business, we decided to choose this Residence Inn which seemed to have pretty good judgments on TA. Well, I cannot but second other travelers' reviews.
The property is quite dark, and may need some refurbishment, but it is still enough pleasant. Our room on the 6th floor is [we are actually still here in Atlanta] pretty wide, with a very good king size bed and nice furniture according to Residence Inns' style. The bathroom is pretty old but working ok and we have a full kitchen, which we have not used yet. Our room features two big windows too overlooking the next building's wall (not too charming actually). Breakfast buffet in the morning is pretty good (not exceptional) and wi-fi is free and powerful.
The area in Midtown in just perfect, enough close to Arts Center Marta station, High Museum and a couple of good and fashionable restaurants.
For the rate of 89 USD ++ per night I would sure stay here again, despite not being the best Residence Inn I have experienced so far!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business