“Try the shrimp and grits for lunch. The breakfast buffet is wonderful. Their chopped salad is yummy.”

Southern Art & Bourbon Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Art & Bourbon Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Piedmont Ave.
Transit: Marta north line: Station N7 Buckhead
Description: Southern Art combines a hip, urban eatery with classic Southern charm, offering Southern-inspired cuisine and cocktails in a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant features an artisan ham bar and vintage dessert table along with the sophisticated bar and lounge area, Bourbon Bar. The menu at Southern Art is a blend of Smith’s Southern cooking heritage, true love for Southern comfort food and strong commitment to serving traditional classics prepared with his light, modern approach. Embracing farm-to-table and regional cooking, Smith encourages diners to celebrate comfort and health. The menu also is reflective of Smith’s own family traditions with roots deep in the South.In keeping with the hallmark of Smith’s acclaimed restaurants, Southern Art strikes the balance between comfortable and sophisticated. A unique collage of artwork is suspended from the ceiling and floats over guests like a cultural cloud. Each piece reflects the diverse imagery of the city itself.
Reviewed November 22, 2015

The servers are soft spoken, courteous and very efficient. We enjoyed Brandy-- not a drink--but a pleasant young lady who served us. SA has many taste treats--and they were ALL delicious! (We do not care for the music 'loops' which at times were too loud and so repetitive.) We were here for an archaeology meeting for several days.

Reviewed November 19, 2015

I'm not the biggest fan of hotel restaurants, but found this one to be very good. Not excellent. That is in all categories.......food quality and taste, service, and atmosphere. I would return here.

Reviewed November 18, 2015

This restaurant was right next to our hotel in the Buckhead area. The decor and atmosphere are very interesting (lots of glass sculptures and paintings). Service is excellent. The food is all southern classic and excellent. I had the shrimp and grit. The only issue I had was that the prices were a bit high. The charge was $26 for a fried chicken dinner that we were told is a chef specialty, and it was very good, but not that good considering you can get fried chicken elsewhere for less than 1/2 that price.

Reviewed November 13, 2015

I am a frequent guest at the Intercontinental in Buckhead and finally decided I'd try this restaurant after hearing the rave reviews and reading the posters in the hotel elevators touting its' greatness. Since it was my first visit, the waiter recommended the fried chicken or the shrimp and grits, the two dishes he said they were known for. I opted for the fried chicken and it was good, but no big deal. To be honest, it was no better than my mom's fried chicken, which was a Sunday staple in my household having grown up in the South. Would I go back? Probably, but only if I didn't feel like going out.

I will say that I thought the prices were decent, loved the ambiance (although there was a group the night I went that was rather loud) and the service was good. But, definitely nothing to write home about.

Reviewed November 12, 2015

The service was exceptional and I loved the twist to the dishes. I went two days in a row during a conference and had the Jambalaya and buffalo chicken and waffles. Ooooo weeee. I thoroughly enjoyed the biscuits and plckled dish for appetizer. Thanks Jazmyn T. for great conversation and exceptional service.