“Great place during a long layover”
Review of Cafe Intermezzo

Cafe Intermezzo
Ranked #265 of 4,307 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a five hour layover in ATL and wanted to have a decent dinner, not fast food. We stopped at Café Intermezzo due to the attractive appearance and ambiance of the restaurant. We were promptly seated in a quiet area near the back of the restaurant. Our server promptly came to our table and took our drink and food orders. We dined on the Beet Root Salad with grilled chicken and the Chicken Salad Croissant. I had a glass of white wine (very generous pour) and my husband had a beer. Our server understood that we definitely had plenty of time on our hands and didn't rush us at all. She allowed us to enjoy our drinks and timed our food order perfectly. Both dishes we enjoyed (there were many great menu selections) were delicious and very generous portions. The wine/beer list was extensive ad comprised of a variety of selections. We will definitely dine in this restaurant again when in ATL.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I usually have breakfast here whenever I’m in the ATL airport. The last couple of times the quality has been slipping. I thought I would give it one more try this morning and was pleasantly surprised. The service and the food were much improved. I had the old standby-French toast and bacon. The food was back to the same high standard it was a couple years ago. The service was also quick and attentive. The last couple of times through the airport I haven’t eaten here because I was afraid my layover wasn’t long enough. That wasn’t an issue this time. Great experience; good food and fast service. Plus real silverware. You don’t get that too many places in the airport.

Reviewed October 27, 2018

This was my first visit to Intermezzo. I chose it because of the menu selections. I started with a Sambuca (the restaurant has a full liquor bar, which is something much appreciated if you're in the middle of a long day of travel), then moved on to one of the breakfast paninis (served with home fries). They were out of the pie I wanted for dessert, so I opted for peach sorbet. The food was good, as was the service. My waiter (Marlon) reacted quickly to each of my requests and apologized for the delay in my food (my fault, I had moved tables).

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

I know it’s a cafe specializing in desserts. However, it always had a good name at it’s original location. After seeing normal food on their menu, I just expected it to be good quality. At least the easy stuff- like a burger. This thing was something a high school cafeteria would serve. Generic grocery store bun, medium/grey patty with no taste, wilted lettuce, and an unripe, imported tomato slice. On top of that- bagged potato chips instead of fries. Truly pathetic. How hard is it to get some good quality beef- you can even get grass fed beef for $5 a pound. You couldn’t use $2 worth of good quality beef? Had to get the $1 kind? At $15 for the patty, bun, and potato chips... ridiculous.

Girlfriend got the grilled cheese with soup, and it was two inch thick bread. Trying to waste calories on the cheese, not a pound of bread- not how a grilled cheese is done.

Server was miserable as well. Took 10 minutes for our beers to come out, and they weren’t cold.

We looked at the menu and gave it a shot... posting this just so at least one person can be saved from going here when there are so many airport choices.

Reviewed October 23, 2018

We stopped in for a quick bite before our flight. A very busy place.
The food was quite good....breakfast paninis and lattes (not the best I have had). I would have preferred lunch, but we were to early (lunch served beginning at 12n). Our server, Megan, was so terrific. She brought us more water, more sauce, more napkins, more coffee...and always with a smile on her face.