“3 strikes your out”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #60 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We have stayed at this hotel 6 times since it opened. It has gone down hill in service every time. For the last three visits the hot tub has been only Luke warm and when we complain we get a variety of excuses. Each time being told there was an issue with the unit. The last two times we finally got to GM and he finally got the problem fixed within hours (Apparently he is the only one who can authorize it to be turned up) This most recent stay the front desk was polite but basically smiled and chuckled as they told me that is as hot as it gets. I am done with this place and expect more from a Hilton property. I am sure the hotel will write some lame excuse as to why the hot tub was only Luke warm but the fact is this is not some one time experience but a trend for this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jason S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

I have nothing to offer you but my sincere apologies, FloridaRocket. We failed to exceed your expectations and that is inexcusable. We will continue to work hard to ensure that this is not a normal occurrence for our guests. We hate to lose you as a valued guest over this issue, but I understand completely. You value your time in the hot tub and we have failed to give that you time in each of your last three visits. Safe travels and once again, I am sorry for that we will be losing your business.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Didn't have much choice as to where to stay for the wedding. Mother of the bride told us there was a block of rooms reserved. We were so pleasantly surprised! Easy access to all of Atlanta, great location, clean, very friendly staff, and great breakfast included! Highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

We are so glad that we were able to give you a positive surprise and that everything went so well for your stay. I know traveling for happy occasions can change to bad quickly if the hotel does not work out. We hope that if you return the city, you will stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we truly appreciate it. Safe travels, taco4615. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Cleanliness was not to good. Staff did not have communication with each other. My sister had issues, a lot of issues with her stay. It seemed the staff gave us an attitude for that. It was an ok stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

I am so sorry that you and your sister had such troubles during your stay. We truly work hard to exceed the expectations of our guests. Please reach out to me directly at Jason.Spencer@SageHospitality.com and let me know the nature of your issues so that I may have a chance to address those issues properly. We pride ourselves on service and when we disappoint, I want to take those experiences, learn from them and train the team on the things we must do to get better. Again, VacaFrk, I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Safe travels, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

My family rented this room for 4 nights.Late arrival- no bedding for pullout sofa,food on the counter-smudged grim on the stove-dirty floors-stains on the wall from spilled drinks-not dusted- a pillow with a blood stain-we did get a credit for a few days BUT they never cleaned the room! I was never offered a different room! They kept blaming it on a communication breakdown. No heated pool/no heated hot tub! Even had someone touch my husbands work laptop!! Had to file a complaint. Very disappointed in Hilton !!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

I want to offer my personal apology for the issues that you experienced during your stay. They are not common issues that we have and I am horrified to hear about how we consistently disappointed you. I will be meeting with the housekeeping and front office supevisors to determine the primary cause of the problems you experienced, determine a way to ensure that they never happen again, and then follow up to ensure we are working to turn that plan into a reality. I truly hope that you might consider giving us another opportunity to exceed your expectations should you return to the area. Safe travels, and I again, I am truly sorry for your experience.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I enjoyed my overall experience with this hotel. James was very accommodating and the rest of the staff was friendly and efficient. I would definitely stay here again. It’s within walking distance of GA tech learning center.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us, nisejw2015, and for your kind words. We will celebrate you specifically mentioning James, as that is one goal of ours. Offer such memorable experience that guests remember your name. I am so thankful that you had an overall enjoyable experience. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and please know that we will be here working hard to earn a 5 star review for your next stay with us. Safe travels, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

This is the third time we've stayed at this hotel - always use it when we visit Georgia Tech. Great location if you are driving or flying - you can take the MARTA directly from airport to a stop that is 1 block from the hotel for $3. Staff is excellent and friendly. Suites, especially the one with the rounded window that faces downtown, are fantastic.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

I think you summed up one of our primary benefits perfectly, MadMaxCMD. Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for your well worded review. We are so happy to be your hotel of choice in Midtown and will continue to work hard to stay your preferred hotel. Safe travels, and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This is my first time to Atlanta (have been at the airport several times) and was truly excited. I checked into Homewood Suites Midtown this past Friday (still here because I was stupid and prepaid) opted into paying a little more for a "corner 2 room suite" since my stay here is for 8 days.

Upon arrival the bell person greeted me and asked me which property I was checking into. The Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden are located next to each other and share a parking garage. My check in was easy, the desk clerk informed me "you have the best room" on the property. I was so excited to see the room. Entering in the room, the temperature was 84degrees, the maid had the heat on. I quickly turned it to "cool" while the bell person placed my luggage into the bedroom.

I quickly surveyed the room, (great view), there is a "coffee maker" with no coffee pot, no cups, no utensils no pots or pans in any of the cupboards. This is Homewood Suites, which I have stayed in the past and the kitchen is normally equipped. I entered the bedroom, which I noticed that the bed looked like it had been made quickly and inspecting the linen, it looked as if it had not been changed, just remade which was not a good job.

I went down to the front desk (I took a picture) and showed it to the front desk staff and asked if this was the standard of their housekeeping. They apologized and said "no" and asked if I wanted the bed "tighten up"....I showed them a close up of the linen and said I would like it changed completely. I went into the bar for a drink and the desk clerk came in with a supervisor and asked if I would show him the picture. After a few questions, they called maintenance or housekeeping to get the bed linen changed.

Saturday, before going out to check out the ATL, I asked the desk staff if it was their policy to "request" a coffee pot, cups, etc, their response was "yes" and asked me what my room # was. I told them I was going out and they had permission to have housekeeping put the items requested in my room. Another desk clerk informed me that housekeeping advised that the pots, pans, etc may be in the dishwasher and for me to look there. Once I returned from sightseeing, I checked the dishwasher and yes everything is there. Now I am wondering, is it washed, if so how long have the kitchen items been sitting in the dishwasher. Why didn't they take it out and put it in the cupboards?

Yesterday Sunday, before going back out, I went to the front desk to request bottled water to be delivered to my room. They said I could take it up myself. (on the refrigerator, it has a grocery list that states, fill it out deliver at the front desk by noon and your items will be delivered to you on the same day), I told them I was going out and would PICK UP THE WATER MYSELF once I returned back to the hotel. I returned back to the hotel around 5:10 (Uber) picked up the water and returned to my room. YOU might think that 5 hours is plenty time to service your room right? WRONG! No one ever came to clean the room, which I had put the slip on the bed to have the linen changed. Nothing was done. Right about now I am tired of going down to complain to the staff, but I needed AT LEAST CLEAN TOWELS. I told the desk clerk about my concerns regarding to housekeeping cleaning my room. He called the housekeeping person down to the front desk and I asked him if he could please deliver some clean towels to my room. The housekeeping person said "NO"...RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DESK CLERK! The desk clerk called I am assuming his supervisor and told him what happen, again more apologies. He told me that management would like to purchase a glass of wine or soda in the restaurant while I wait for the towels.

Today is Monday, and I have decided just to keep on the do not disturb sign until I leave. They have a washer and dryer here so I can wash and dry my towels, make my own bed, and put the trash into a bag myself. Much easier than dealing with the housekeeping here.

I am "DIAMOND member" and for the past 23 days I have been staying at various Hilton properties. I will NEVER STAY AT A HOMEWOOD SUITES or at least NEVER AT THIS PROPERTY! If I didn't prepay, I would be packed out of here!

Stayed: October 2017
Jason S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

I am so sorry, asianink, for the experience you have had so far. It is absolutely our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. Someone is reaching out to you in the very near future, and might have already done so. The dishes being in the dishwasher is part of the Homewood Suites policy so that guests know that they have been cleaned and are ready to use. We used to put them away, but then guests had concerns that they might not be cleaned. Thank you for your feedback as this will be shared with Homewood as they try to determine the best way to make the most people happy. The other issues will be addressed directly with you to ensure that we resolve any issues you might have and make things right for the issues you have experienced. Thank you for letting us know about your stay while you are still here so we can work to make things right.