“Fantastic Dinner! ”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Virginia Highland
Cross street: North Highland Ave
Description: Murphy’s is loved as one of Atlanta’s best restaurants and has been for more than 35 years. Located in the heart of stylish Virginia Highland, Murphy’s is the long-standing hub of neighborhood camaraderie and the choice destination for visitors seeking the best of the district’s dining and nightlife. Tom Murphy’s acclaimed restaurant brings in the crowds with the perfect combination of upscale comfort food, gracious service, a cozy setting, and excellent value. The Atlanta Journal Constitution in a 2016 review said... "Considering the seasonality and execution coming from the kitchen; beverages — wine, in particular — that attempt to match the food in quality and offering; service that is both proficient and pleasant; and a space with so many nooks and crannies that it’s hard to say which is the best seat in the house (it depends on why you’re there), when I take a seat at Murphy’s I am getting a lot for a reasonable price, and far better than any other “neighborhood” restaurant."
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Everything was great! We had the artichokes and soup for app. Brisket and steak for entree. If you like brisket theirs is a MUST TRY. The steak was complimented perfectly by the chimichurri. Our server was great as well. Will definitely be back to try the brunch!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had just arrived in town and wanted a quick lunch before going to get friends from the airport. Our server made sure we got our food quickly, and we were so shocked by how good our food was. I had the brisket and caramelized onions and my husband had the Cesar salad with chicken and avocado toast. We were so happy with our lunch that we brought our friends to Murphy’s for dinner that same evening. Our dinner was also great: mussels, hanger steak, salmon, and the lobster roll. Murphy’s is close to our VRBO and pretty sure we’ll go back before the long w/e is over.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018

This restaurant is a staple in the neighborhood. Good variety menu. You may have to park on the streets around the area if you are not lucky enough to retrieve one of the spaces near or at the actual site. I have eaten there for years.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I recently had the opportunity to visit Murphy’s in Atlanta Georgia USA.

3 important elements (Product, Equipment, Behavior)- The food was good, the service was good, the environment – although busy, was good. All three elements made this a very personal experience.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Murphy's is consistently one of the best dinning experiences in Atlanta. Nestled on the corner in the heart of Virginia Highlands, they have remained a local institution and keep raising the bar. The menu hits the mark being pretty focused, but always enough variety. Our group shared several appetizers including the Peach Caprese salad and the Avocado Toast. I had the Salmon for my entree while others enjoyed the Trout and Meatloaf. The wine list is exceptional, with one of my all time favorite Red's, the Blue Eyed Boy. Service is exceptional from the valet parking team to hostesses and wait staff.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Murphy's? Share your experiences!