“Our 11th”
Review of Ray's in the City

Ray's in the City
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's in the City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Andrew Young International/Harris
Transit: Peachtree Center Marta station
Description: Enjoy the hustle and bustle of city-life while dining at this quintessential Atlanta destination.Enjoy fresh seafood flown in daily, made-to-order sushi and classic steaks & chops, combined with our professional and knowledgeable service staff to revel in an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

I called a day ahead and made reservations for 7 pm to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. The guy taking our reservation sounded very enthusiastic and acted like he would make the evening special for us.

When we checked in the hostess seemed pretty cold. I wouldn’t say welcoming.

Thank goodness our waiter was very friendly.

We started off with some drinks that were very generous.

We got an order of oysters Rockefeller to share which were delicious.

And we both ordered the scallops over risotto and a side order of grilled asparagus. Once again delicious.

For dessert my wife got the key lime which was so big she had to take half of it home. She loved it.

The server was attentive and friendly.

My only disappointment was there wasn’t any mention of our anniversary by the hostess or the waiter.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a bite. Loved the appetizers but the Old Fashions made by one of the female bartenders made the night. Do try the shrimp cocktail because the sauce is delicious. The jazz duo also brought a good vibe that night. If your staying downtown, give Ray’s a try.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

We dined in for a lovely night together. I ordered the parm scollops I didn’t do it like on the menu I ordered the Yukon gold mashed potato’s. It has 4 very nice sized scollops on the plate that was cooked perfectly. The dish my boyfriend ordered was salmon something and was suppose to have crab with it and no crab was on his plate also he was suppose to have asparagus and they gave him string beans when asked about the asparagus they brought out 2 stalks we thought that was a joke but guess not. He said my food was much better than his but his salmon was cooked like he asked for and was tasty. I would definitely eat here again and order the same dish I have this time

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018

My wife and I went to Ray's on the suggestion of the concierge at our hotel, the Hyatt Regency, which is near the restaurant. It is a truly marvelously run restaurant and with highly skilled staff who are attentive to every little detail. Our food was also very good. I would give the food five stars were it not for the fact that my Prime quality ribeye was not as tender or marbled as it should have been. It was perfectly cooked as I ordered (medium rare). Everything else was indeed worthy of five stars. Be prepared as this wonderful restaurant is high–end dining.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We went to Ray's for a business lunch in May and were very satisfied with the menu options and taste of the food. Staff was also fantastic - prompt and courteous.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Ray's in the City? Share your experiences!