“One of my favorites in Buckhead”
Review of Portofino

Portofino
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #276 of 4,029 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Paces Ferry
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

A very friendly and cosy place, restaurant. With a diverse menu, suited to all different tastes.
Inside, outside or in a more reserved place, you'll find yourself in a excellent spot.
Prices are a correct match to the service and quality offered.
Parking available at the restaurant.
Definitely a place to go.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Last night we dined at Portofino with our daughter and son-in-law. We have been several times before, and are constantly reminded on our return why we love to come here! The food, ambience and service are exceptional. We drank a wonderful Paulo Scavino Nebbiolo. The appetizers were fabulous, as was my mushroom ragu pasta and main course of incredibly tender braised short ribs. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I love this place, I'm afraid if everyone finds out how good it is I will not be able to get a table any more :). Ive never had a bad meal, everything is fresh and the severs are great. Its one of our regular dinner spots in a town with many to choose from, love Portifino

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I completely underestimated what was going to happen last night at dinner when I arrive to Portofino in Buckhead!

We were out for a celebration of our friends graduation from college and she picked this quaint little Italian restaurant right smack dab in the center of Buckhead on a backstreet behind Wholefoods.

We sat in the main dining room at an oval table and had about 15 people there with us. Our servers name was Naché and she was one of the key components to us having one of the best dinners as a family to date! She paid attention to each and every detail from the get go. I noticed that between every course she cleaned up every single piece of clutter that was on the table and also replaced everyone's silverware with fresh utensils. Drinks were never low and I always had a fresh cocktail or glass of wine within reach.

I started out with a excellent glass of Bordeaux but then I sipped my girlfriends cocktail. She had a cocktail called the Internazionale that was mixed to perfection with Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, Meletti Amaro, honey thyme syrup and lime! It had a smokiness and the agave from the mezcal balanced it out to perfection!

With the food we started with the steamed mussels, marinated grilled vegetables, Cesar salad and strawberry salad to share family style. Everything had such a great flavor! My girlfriend isn't really a seafood eater and became a raving fan of mussels which makes me super happy!

For dinner I settled in on the Braised Short Ribs with a creamy saffron risotto, naturals jus and watercress. This plate was exceptional! However I prejudged but I chose to go with it because I thought the role of the dice would lead me to a better place considering all of the exceptional taste and flavor's prior to this entrée decision. I did sneak a bite of my girlfriends seared scallops with smoked tomato polenta and sautéed Swiss shard and it was freaking mind blowing! She eats scallops everywhere she goes so that speaks a lot for saying this place probably has the best around!

We finished out the evening with all of the staff and management greediness farewell and taking family pictures for us! As we walked out of the restaurant we look to the left and noticed a beautiful outdoor seating area that was reminiscent of being back in Europe! It was a great finish to the evening and a reminder that I need to bring my girlfriend back over here for a lovely date night very soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant prides itself on the freshness of its food. And rightly so. Every dish we had was excellent - not a single complaint from the 10 of us.

Great wine list and service faultless.

What more can you ask for?