“OctoberFeast!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Grandview Ave.
Reviewed October 3, 2015 via mobile

Whether it's the ICBM or the Copacabano Roll, Taka rocked it last night. The Black Cod was darn near perfect, and the spicy tuna roll was too. They have an excellent wine selection, the Paul Hobbs Crossbarn Chardonnay couldn't have been better! This place reminded me of Nobu at Caesars Palace! Excellent experience!

Reviewed September 30, 2015 via mobile

Freaking outstanding sushi! Great stuff! I wish this place was in every city!! Tuna was fantastic! Amazing!!! Went here with coworkers we all loved it!

Reviewed August 21, 2015

I've been wanting to try Taka for a while. Went last night and was pretty underwhelmed. Service was friendly and efficient. Food just ok. I had the popcorn okra which was tempura okra. This was good a nice touch for vegetarians - something different. I then had the fried pork which was little better than a frozen fried chicken patty. I tried very hard to like it but it was pretty bad. I had oh-toro nigiri which was just above disgusting. Definitely did not melt in your mouth and in fact was kind of chewy. Not at all a good experience. Lastly I had the Passion Roll which was eel and spicy avocado. Definitely the best dish of the night but again lacking in the deliciousness factor. At this price point, you will do much much better paying just a little more and going to MF Sushi in Va-Hi. Light years above Taka. Sorry because I really wanted to like it.

Reviewed April 16, 2015

We went to Taka for a late lunch. Our bad was that we arrived 15 minutes before what was the end of their lunch service. The waitress that seated us was very pleasant, but within a couple of minutes of being seated, another waitress came to the table and told us we had to order right then, because they were closing in 15 minutes. I guess we should have just left right then, but we quickly ordered two bowls of the lunch udon noodles and two glasses of wine. The pleasant waitress brought the wine, and a couple of minutes later the not so pleasant brought what appeared to be the dessert that was included with the lunch. Before the noodles actually arrived! My husband asked if that was the dessert, and we received a mumbled non-response. The noodles came and were pretty good. We were maybe 1/3 of the way through the bowl, and the not pleasant waitress brought the bill. We left it to the side and continued to eat. We were still eating when she insisted we pay so she could close out the register! I know it's not necessarily cool to come in near closing, but if they want to walk out the door right at 2, they should lock the door at 1:30! All told our dining experience lasted less than 30 minutes. Lunch at McDonalds would have been more enjoyable at 1/5th the cost.

Reviewed March 25, 2015

Recently visited again. This time we ventured from the sushi menu. We ordered some "appetizers," which actually came after our sushi meal...so who knows. The sushi was still top notch, but the appetizers where fried, glutenous messes of shrimp, crab like stuff and mayonnaise. Stick with the sushi. And it is not cheap.