“I'm Back!”
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$200
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambiance of the dark wood dining room. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression.
Reviewed 25 February 2012

While in Atlanta I've been a little partial to Bone's and Hal's for steakhouses the past few years so this was my first time back to Chop's in awhile - and well worth the return! The lobster macaroni is a terrific side to that steak! Service was outstanding too.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I walked in and it smelled "fishy". Even the ignorant from outside WPF know fresh fish don't smell. They advertise that they fly their fish in fresh daily. I guess some missed the plane. It was so overwelming, I ordered steak. The steak was excellent but the fishy odour was present throughout..

Reviewed 22 February 2012

If you happen to work nearby and seek an inoffensive place to take clients or customers, Chops fills the bill. I've had better steaks from nearby restaurants. Many steakhouses are passe: Chops is one of those unless you crave obnoxious wait staff and busboys and waiters that carelessly drop and clang dishes and glassware.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My wife and I were staying at the St. Regis for the weekend and decided to make the short walk to Chops for a Friday night dinner. We took advantage of the butler service offered by the St. Regis and had them make our reservation for us. The maître d' greeted us and immediately recognized us hotel guests and told he'd picked a special table for us. I'm not sure there was anything overly special about it, but it was in the middle of the restaurant not too far from the bar.

My wife and I both ordered the filet and each was prepared perfectly. Excellent cuts of meat and melt in your mouth tender. I also ordered the lobster macaroni and cheese, which was one of the specials. It wasn't quite as good as what I've had at Del Frisco's Capital Grille, but it was still very tasty.

Service was also strong without being intrusive.

Overall, we were very pleased with Chops and will definitely return.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

If you want to spend more than a couple hundred dollars for a meal, then go for it! It was great.

Been to Chops Lobster Bar? Share your experiences!