“Must visit every trip to Atlanta”

South City Kitchen Midtown
Reserve with OpenTable
South City Kitchen Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$18 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center or Midtown stations.
Description: Celebrating over 18 year as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the city skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended.
Reviewed 25 February 2012

A friend brought me here for lunch a couple of years ago. I fell in love. I've been back 4 times, each time I come to Atlanta. I love it. Each time I have the fried green tomatoes with goat cheese and the she-crab soup. The tomatoes are lightly breaded and crispy with lots of flavor. The red pepper coulis is light and delicious. The she-crab soup has lots of flavor. This visit my son had the sauteed scallops and reported that it was delicious. The service is outstanding and the atmosphere lovely (though it can get loud on weekend nights).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I go here often for lunch - very consistent, good service - think southern comfort food - I like it a lot

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We all enjoyed eating at South City Kitchen. The Ham and Cheese Appetizer (w/ Pimento Cheese) was amazing. As was the Fried Green Tomatoes!

I had the braised beef. The meet was SO tender and delicious!
Everyone in our party of 4 raved about this restaurant. I will definitely go back when I'm in ATL again!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We arrived just as they opened for brunch and although we didn't have a reservation they were able to seat us. Within 15 minutes the place was jam-packed! Brunch was wonderful! They started us out with baskets of cornbread and lightest, flakiest biscuits with some kind of jam. Most of the people in our party had the South City breakfast (eggs, grits & bacon) but we also had the South City Eggs Benedict and Chicken and Waffles. All of our food was wonderful although one person's grits were a bit cool by the time they reached the table.

The building appears to be a house that was converted to a restaurant and consequently, space is at a premium. Tables are fairly close together and the only bathrooms are upstairs. Other than the slightly cramped feeling in the foyer areas it's very nice.

The staff are friendly and efficient and we really enjoyed our brunch.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Excellent food! Great atmosphere. Perfect for a group of 2-4 people.