US$108
US$171
US$112
Westin.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$95
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$101
AscendHotels
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Country Inn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

US$495
Mandarin Oriental
US$229
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$348/night.

All reviewsbbq placebeds were comfortableyogurtbullpendowntowninterstateaquarium
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We paid entirely too much for what we got! Rooms were clean, and being right outside of the baseball stadium were the ONLY pluses. Breakfast was nothing extra. Coffee maker was broken the 1st morning, the toaster the next. Breakfast room attendant was anything but friendly. First night we were there, we asked for suggestions of places to eat. The lady handed us a sheet of paper with a list of restaurants. I asked for her recomendations, and she said she didn't know of anything except the the IHOP. When we travel, we like to eat where the locals eat. NOT where we can eat everyday! Nowhere close by to eat at except the BullPen next door....and what a joke that joint was! It's your local beer joint with slow service and mediocre food, at best. DON"T GO AFTER A BALLGAME UNLESS YOU WANT TO SIT THERE HALF THE NIGHT.
We were terribly disappointed in our stay, and the location of the hotel. We will stay next down, next time. If you're gonna pay the high price....might as well stay in a nicer location and be closer to restaurants and things to do. We'll take the MARTA to get to the next game.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank zanne43
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, GA, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

zanne43,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

You walk out the door of the hotel, cross a 4-lane street, and there is the southwest entrance gate to Turner Field. When the Yankees/Braves game was over, we were in our room about to take a shower when my daughter called and said they were still in their car in the parking lot.

The king bed was very, very comfortable. The air-conditioning worked perfectly in 95 degree weather.

You can tell this is not a new hotel, but it was clean. The bathroom was perfectly clean. The walls were clean. If I were going to a Braves game, I would definitely stay there.

The price was high - but to avoid the headache of getting to and from a game w/o having to walk a mile or so - it was worth it. Self-parking on the premises is free. They give you a piece of paper to put on your dash to "prove" you are a guest.

The vending machine soft drinks were $1.25 - a deal compared to $5 at the stadium.

Internet - bring your internet cable to plug in. It is not wireless in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Georgia_in_MS,

Reviewed September 22, 2008

The Atlanta Braves chose this hotel for us. It was their dime. Proximity to the ballpark could not have been better.

The front staff was delightful and quick to replace our toothpaste that had been confiscated by airport security. The room was cold when we arrived, and stayed cold. The curtains kept out the sunlight. The beds were comfortable. The bedroom and bathroom were both spacious. The shower was hot. The toilet had two tp rollers! The lobby had coffee available 'round the clock. We were greeted every time we left and arrived through the lobby.

There was mildew between the shower tiles, the bedroom walls had not been painted recently, and hallway doors were broken. So there was an over-all seedy impression. But our most basic needs were, indeed, satisfied by this hotel and staff quite pleasurably. We walked to the game and slept peacefully.

So what didn't go right?
1) There was no refrigerator in the room. Since I travel with insulin, I am affected by this.
2) The electric hairdryer overheated in less than 60 seconds of use. A friend was staying at the Holiday Inn, so my wife dried her hair at that hotel.
3) The biscuits and gravy were awful. I grew-up on biscuits and gravy, and am willing to overlook slight oversights because it is comfort food for me. But I threw this away. I decided to play it safe and toast a bagel. But it was so stale that we couldn't even eat that, even after toasting. There were green apples, but no bananas.

But the absolute worst thing was what I witnessed as I sipped my morning coffee. A person arrived to straighten-up the dining counter. She went through the trouble of donning plastic gloves for sanitary reasons, and then coughed directly into the glove just before reaching-in and handling breads with the very same hand. My wife and I drank the coffee and tea, but ate breakfast at the airport.

I can honestly say that I would stay here again, especially if the Braves are paying for it. I'm confident I would get a good night sleep. But I would plan on breakfast somewhere else. That is very disappointing to me, as CI&S breakfasts have historically been worth the stay. However, this is the 2nd consective stay at a CountryInn&Suites where the breakfast was intolerable. The other was in Alabama this past July, and that was a seedy hotel as well.

So maybe this is the direction all Country Inn & Suites are going.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family

thehillfamily,

Reviewed January 6, 2008

I stayed at this hotel to go to a football game in Atlanta. If I were there for a baseball game, I think I could have overlooked some of the problems of the hotel, because Turner Field is DIRECTLY across the street. Pretty cool. However, this part of Atlanta is not a very nice part, and I was hoping to see security at night. None were at this hotel. Luckily, we didn't get anything stolen or our car broken into.

Country Inn and Suites, as many people know, is a cheap brand that likes to overcharge. They often have pseudo-luxurious lobbies and cheap, garish rooms. I paid $98 a night for my room, mostly because of the proximity to the Georgia Dome and the free hot buffet.

The room was decent, nothing fancy. It was definitely worn down a little and the bed was not very comfortable. You could tell that there had not been much traffic in the room, as the pamphlets and other paper items were curled from the cold and damp. The heater also smelled when I turned it on, which is normal for a heater that hasn't been run in a while. Who knows how long it had been since someone had been in that room. As I have worked in a hotel before, the first thing I did was to throw the bedspread and blanket in the corner and carefully check to make sure that the sheets were clean. This time, they were.

I was a little irritated that this hotel does not offer a hot breakfast, only the normal breads and cereals. I was one of the only people staying at the hotel, and the first morning I went downstairs at 7 am to find *nothing* in the breakfast area. The coffee machine was out of coffee as well. By the time I went back upstairs, one of the employees had scurried out and set up the breakfast. I told the desk that the coffee machine was out, but the next morning, it was still out. Let me tell you, there is no way to irritate someone more than to not have coffee available in the morning. I can overlook the poor breakfast bar, but to be out of coffee (two days running) is inexcusable.

Overall, this place was par for the course for a Country Inn and Suites: decent, but overpriced and generally lacking in some areas.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AlexandrosParis

AlexandrosParis,

Reviewed November 11, 2007

My group stayed at this hotel for one night. When we received our rooms, two of the rooms had not yet been cleaned--it was 8 pm when we arrived. All of the rooms had such a strong odor of stale cigarette smoke, all of our clothing had the smell the next day! The bathroom walls had black mold growing on the tiles. One room had blood stains on the bedspread! All of the carpets in all rooms were totally NASTY! STAY AWAY!! WE paid $129.00 per room. The next night we moved downtown to theWestin and paid $149.00 per night. We felt like we had gone to heaven! I feel if the health inspectors were to inspect this property, they would shut it down.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank benne