“DON"T - just walk away actually Run as fast as you can to the airport location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field
Ranked #138 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I checked in on Thursday and was told they were overbooked. I will never understand this concept. When I get to any hotel room I always do a bare foot test before my shower. Feet were BLACK in 2 hours of walking around the carpets. The soap in the bath room was opened and used. Good thing I travel with my own. There was about 3 sheets of toilet paper left on the roll. I had 4 tiny pillows on the king bed and 1 pillow and some sheets thrown on the coach. I had 3 towels for 4 adults. The elevator inspection card expired in November 2016. They hallways smelled and were hot as there is no central air conditioning. The staff was friendly, but the breakfast was severely lacking. Switched to the Airport location for the free shuttle and cried when I realized I could have stayed there the whole trip...

Room Tip: Stay at the Country Inn and Suites - Airport NORTH
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank elizabeth c
Amar P, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Elizabeth,

We apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We are working with our staff and upper management to get these issues resolved.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel was average. I picked it for location and price. The beds looked lumpy when we first saw them, but it was the down duvet.

We could hear everything our neighbors did in their bathroom!!! Some kind of coaster would be nice for sweaty glasses. I used a washcloth. Comfortable room and bed.

Bathroom had an odor that was not cleaning products. Not sure what it was.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I stayed at this hotel in August and everything was great, the room, service and breakfast. Of course, I reserved a room again and this time I felt nasty just taking a shower. There was mold on the shower wall, missing the drain cover on the shower and the tub floor was dirty from apparently a shower rug; thankfully I always use shower shoes. I only stay at Country Inn & Suites and this is the 1st one where I am disgusted. Grateful it only for 1 night or I would have to check out and find another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Christopher M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thanks for staying with us. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. I will address these issues with our housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Reviewed 26 April 2017

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Christopher M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Christopher M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I stayed there for 2 nights, the stance was very good the check in and check out with no problems, is close to downtown by car and even they have a bus stop outside if you need to use it, and the price is accesible. Is and old building but they maintained clean. They even change some improvements to the bathroom, however is an old building.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Christopher M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to have you stay with us. Please come back and visit us again, soon. We will be making many improvements to the building and furnishings over the next few months.