“Location is nice, customer service not so much” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Twelve Atlantic Station

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #106 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Location is nice, customer service not so much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I booked a room here recently for out of town guests and against my better judgement thought the location was worth rolling the dice with all the negative reviews.

First problem, the hotel lost the confirmation. I booked the hotel through a third party site so I called a week before my guests arrived just to make sure everything was ok. The woman I talked to read my confirmation number back to me and said everything on my reservation looked good, however a week later it was lost, even after the front desk staff was shown the confirmation email we'd printed off.

We decided to overlook this and paid for a room. Everyone is human, however the shenanigans did not stop there. A fire alarm went off at 2am on thursday night and the next day there was no comment\apology about it. There was a wedding on friday night where the guests were having quite the after party until 5:30 am. Despite numerous complaints, no one told the party to quiet down. I understand that a wedding brings in quite a lot of revenue and by all means let them cause as loud of a rukus as needed in the lobby, the bar or any of the rooms designated for those kind of shenanigans. When unruly drunk people are given free reign of the hotel especially for more than 3 hours when other guests are trying to sleep, that is unprofessional on the hotel's part.

While the location is great, the customer service was not. It was a weekend full of letdowns and I would not go near this hotel again.

Room Tip: make sure if there's a wedding that the party is not staying on your floor
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear mnhobgood,

Thank you for your review. I am genuinely sorry that your guests experienced these issues during their stay. I have shared your review with the team. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss these issues directly. We work hard at providing our guests with great service and I am dissapointed to read that we were not responsive enough when the situation called for it. I look forward to speaking with you.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I just returned from a great weekend at Twelve at Atlantic Station. The room was great, the restaurant had outdoor seating and the bar area had a pizza oven. Ryan was especially friendly at the restaurant and very helpful when my cousin was not feeling well and stayed in for room service. The gym has everything you could need and the pool area was very sunny and had plenty of chairs.

I love this area with all the shops, restaurants and movie theater. Parking galore underground, and if you park near area 16 you can walk right up the steps to the hotel if you do not wish to valet park.

I found everyone to be very friendly and I think i have found my new home whenever I go to Atlanta to visit my family.

Room Tip: I stayed in a one bedroom suite with two beds facing the city on the fourth floor. go higher up for...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear FinRD,

Thank you posting a review on your visit to TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and I will be sure to recognize Ryan. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood with many stores and restaurants and also some new vendors on the way. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Very comfortable hotel to stay at for wedding downtown. Huge glamorous bathroom. Starbucks off lobby. Large pool, lots of chairs. Walk out the door to stores and restaurants of Atlantic Station.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear vt&nyc,

Thank you for posting a great review about TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and Atlantic Station.

Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and loved it!!! I called for reservations and asked if they had a florist that they recommended, they pointed me in the right direction and had a beautiful arrangement waiting in the room for her when we walked in. The room was very modern and comfortable. When we make a trip back to ATL this is where we are staying! Thanks again TWELVE!

Room Tip: Stay as long as you can its pretty relaxing and everything is close.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear kevin r,

Belated anniverssary wishes from TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your visit to the hotel and Atlantic Station. Having a florist in the building is certainly convenient. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion--perhaps next years anniverssary?

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed here for one month while working in Atlanta and had a good stay. The room was nice and clean with plenty of space and a full kitchen with fridge and microwave.

There are plenty of restaurants in walking distance and a Publix supermarket less than a block away for food to use in the kitchen. Also good shopping and a theater.

The parking is good and convenient. The elevator is maddening in that it requires the use of a room key to get to your floor. . . and it will only take one key at a time! Really! My colleagues all called it the elevator from hell because it was so hard to get to ones floor. The upside is that security is tight. . . most villains would give up in frustration and go somewhere else.

Friday and Saturday are pretty wild in the lobby bar with a loud, late and exuberant crowd. When the drunks spill out onto the patio late at night it can get annoying.

Overall I liked this hotel and would gladly stay here again. My 1st choice while working in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the more peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear camop,

Thank you for your review of TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. We are grateful that you let us be your home away from home for an extended period while working here in Atlanta. Atlantic Station is certainly a unique and convenient area and ideal for business and leisure travellers.I am glad to read that overall you really liked our hotel and we are delighted you rate us as your first choice while working in Atlanta.

Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

The room was gargantuan and I had a fabulous view of the city. Having a full kitchen was really something. Though I did not need it, it was great to have a fridge for my breakfast supplies from the ultra-convenient Publix about a half a block away. Starbucks is in the building, also a great advantage. Bed was comfortable.

The reason I am dinging this place is that the room has seen better days. I get the feeling this is a hotel where people come to party and the furniture is starting to look beat up. Carpet squares are stained and the walls and trim could use some paint. Things could also be cleaner....thick coat of dust on the details on the bathroom cabs. Indeed, the housekeeper was so lax, she forgot to pick up the tip I left her. Or maybe she felt guilty leaving my bathroom sink full of dirty water. (??)

So, it is a decent place, with lots of amenities and very convenient. And the general tiredness is not out of the realm of expectation given my very good group rate of $149. Despite these gripes, I'd stay here again if I needed to.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear AmySRQ,

Thank you for posting the review and great to read that you enjoyed our large suites. We appreciate all of your comments and will follow up with the team on the items that you mentioned. --We certainly do not take them as gripes, just constructive feedback from one of our valued guests. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I have stayed here twice for business trips and I really enjoy the hotel. The staff is very courteous and the rooms are always clean. The restaurant is also very delicious. It's convenient to get to the highway, and if you need anything, there are restaurants, a super market, shops all in walking distance. Love it!

Room Tip: Any room is fine! It's very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear LBTurnerMedia,

Glad to read that you love our hotel. I will pass on your comments to our team who will be very appreciative of the recognition. Atlantic Station is certainly one of Atlanta's most convenient areas. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.