“GREAT location, great breakfast, BAD beds!”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #39 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here for a combination of business and leisure - location is wonderful and makes it very easy to walk to quite a few attractions. We could even see into the Aquarium's Tropical Fish exhibit from our room window! The rooms were nice, clean and the property is upscale. My kids loved having both an indoor and outdoor pool to use and we were all big fans of the cooked to order breakfast. However, the beds are AWFUL!! My past experiences with Hilton property beds have always been wonderful so I can't imagine why they switched to these "adjusting firmness" mattresses. At the softest/least firm setting, I felt like I was sleeping on my dining room table (I can't imagine what the "firm" setting must be like)! My only other complaint was that I could hear the TV from my next door neighbors fairly easily and I think that whoever stays in the penthouse takes flute lessons as I was awakened several times by energetic flute music coming through the heating/AC vent (we were on the 12th floor just below them), this was obviously less than stellar. Overall, it's a good property and a decent value.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great location (across the street from the aquarium) with very good customer service. "Typical" HGI benefits (frig in the room, free cooked-to-order bfast for gold HH members) were all done well and staff were very pleasant and attentive. The hotel has its own restaurant but is also connected to Legal Sea Food which is very convenient. I MUCH prefer this place over the Omni Center, although it is not inexpensive.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Finishing up a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Atlanta, conveniently located close to the Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Dome, World Congress Center... The hotel is very clean - like new - the rooms are comfortable and spacious - great city views from huge windows! I was greeted warmly and the front desk staff was helpful and accommodating. Also impressive was the hot breakfast buffet, complimentary with my stay (not sure it always is - maybe because I'm a Hilton Honors frequent traveler). Two pools - indoor and outdoor - good fitness center - just a great property. Self-parking fee of $20 was a little steep ($26 for valet), but this is Atlanta after all, and the Embassy Suites (a block away) charges $28 for valet parking, so it's comparable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SouthGaTravelGuy
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The bed adjuster did not work and I let the front desk know but nothing was done. We had an excellent view and a jacuzzi in the room but the room was extremely small. Valet sucked awful! The tint on my driver's side window was ruined and they kept pushing buttons in the car some of which changed my transmission drive from automatic to manual. I will do whatever it takes to never stay there again, if I can help it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karisha B
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We spent New Years Eve here and had a great time. The room was clean and the service was good. We picked this location so we could walk to the Georgia Dome for the football game and then after the game walked down for the Peach Drop. Great location and great value for the

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and it was a great hotel. It is right in the mix of everything downtown. The check in was effortless, rooms very clean and spacious. The price was affordable and that says a lot when you are in a large urban city. This will be our hotel of choice when we are in the area!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
LeilaCampisi, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear ALAWS1527:

First of all, Happy Anniversary! I am so glad to hear that you chose to spend your special occasion with us. We pride ourself on delivering stellar service and exceptional value. Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

The hotel is clean and spacious, the rooms are light and airy and the service is good. The pool, although above a busy street seemed perfectly secluded and a total sun-trap.

It really is central, with the aquarium, the Coca-cola factory and lots of shops close at hand.

The little shop in the foyer is great, we didn't eat in the restaurants as the food was not to our taste - however we did have an excelent breakfast in the hotel restaurant.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Handy to have parking in the same building.

I would definately recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better, unless you want to use the pool - then ask for a room on that floor as as bei...