“Peachey” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #43 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“Peachey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hotel is all about location. Waking distance to aquarium, centennial olympic park, philips arena, and several good restaurants. Hotel is clean. Indoor and outdoor pool. Only negative if the hotel food. But plenty of options close by.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank traveltomuch66
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear traveltomuch66,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience on Tripadvisor while staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your overall stay.
I have sent you a direct message to your account to be able to get some more information about the food comment and would love to hear back from you.
Thank again for staying with us and we hope to serve you again in the near future.
Director Of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I love this hotel. the rooms are modern, clean and spacious, the staff is very courteous and attentive. The French Toast i had at breakfast was OUTSTANDING, im still talking about it.Even though i stay here when the hotel was fully booked for the cheer competition and the bronner brothers hair show. the valet was quick. the hotel was a short walk to the world congress ceter, and close to several attractions. I will stay here when ever im in atlanta.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear JustJaylen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that you had a chance to taste our famous French Toast. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Staff here seem friendly and service oriented. The AC was loud and inefficient as it turned on/off all night. Definitely an older system for a newer hotel. The sheets and bath tissue could
use an upgrade. I know hotels are trying to squeeze every penny, but this is not the answer.
As a business traveler, I notice! Room cleanliness was ave to below ave as I found many, many hairs in my room and bathroom. I think there are better choices than this one in this area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear 365travelNYC,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay here at our Hotel on Tripadvisor. I want to personally apologize that you experienced some inconsistencies. I assure you that what you experienced is not a standard for Hilton Garden Inn or our specific Hotel. My Executive Housekeeper Charles and I have retrained our Housekeeping Team on the importance of attention to detail, and how lack of our attention to detail significantly inconveniences our guests. I have sent you a direct message to find out what oom you have stayed in, so my team can replace the AC Unit. We should have inquired how memorable your stay was prior to your check out. This is our one and only chance to ask how our guests stay was and to inquire how we could have enhanced your stay. I have shared your feedback during our morning Heart of the Garden Huddle so all Team members can learn from your feedback.
I am looking froward to hear back from you.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We had an excellent stay at Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was great! The rooms were very clean. We enjoyed the cookies, popcorn, etc. that they offered in the lobby each day. We were in Atlanta to visit the Georgia Aquarium and this hotel was right across the street. It is also a short walk to the Coke museum, CNN center, Centennial Park and several restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Wisconsin 5,
thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are excited to hear you had a great time and hope you come back soon to visit. The GA Aquarium and Centennial Park have great events in the summer time coming up and there are certainly alot of options in the Luckie Marietta District. Thank you again for your feedback on our Tripadvisor page.You have made our day!
Director of Hotel operations
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012 via mobile

Checked in to hotel very early (at about 8am after a 17 hour flight to USA) and was assisted by an efficient and friendly Jean Day who was able to give us one of our 2 booked rooms immediately - for which we were grateful as we could then shower and change. (Second room was made available shortly thereafter). Reception was very eager to assist and were helpful with travel advice and recommendations. Very convenient access to local sights, e.g aquarium. Excellent breakfast. (Only negatives were that air con in room was a little noisy, and printer in Internet business centre was out of order)

Stayed March 2012
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear Barry H,
thank you so much for taking the time to write a reviw on our Tripadvisor page.
You just made Jean Marie's and our teams day when I shared your feedback with everybody at our daily huddle this morning.

We hope to welcome you back soon to our beautiful hotel.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Babett HIrzel
Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights to attend a conference nearby. It's very conveniently located in downtown, very close to the CNN Center yet in a pretty quiet neighborhood. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. The breakfast selection was not bad with an omelet station, but I wish there could be more varieties from day to day. There is a very well equipped gym, an indoor swimming pool, and an outdoor swimming pool and cabana with great views on the 7th floor. The gym is open 24 hours but the swimming pools close at 10pm.

Internet connection is available either through cable or Wi-Fi. However, the speed is kind of slow. I ended up using my 4G Android cell phone as a hot spot for my Internet connection most of the time. Also, the PCs in the business center are kind of ancient and the printers don't work either, but the front desk was very helpful and printed out the boarding passes for me.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have great views.
Dear djc2K,
thank you so much for your review on our Tripadvisor page. Your feedback means the world to us.The team was VERY excited to hear your review this morning.

Please accept our sincere apology that the printer was out of service in the business center.It has been fixed since.. I am glad the Front desk staff eased the inconvenience by printing the boarding passes for you.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Please come back anytime!!We look forward to serve you again soon.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is a perfect location for a stay during any convention at the conference center. Easy, safe walk to the convention buildings, very proximal to the Omni which often serves as the main conference hotel. Across the street from Centennial Park, which is a large greenspace area with walking/running paths, fountains, and other features remaining from the 1996 Olympics.

I had contacted the hotel prior to my stay about concerns posted by others who had stayed here in the last four months. A manager was very responsive to my concerns and communicated reassurance.

Upon arrival, the hotel strikes you as a mid-to-upscale business hotel. Legal Seafoods is just off the lobby. Three elevators, a little slow, but everything well appointed as the property is only 4 years old. Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff that I encountered in hallways went out of their way to say yellow. A maintenance worker was in my room making minor changes to a TV setting when I arrived --- he left after a pleasant discussion and returned with a soft drink and snack for me! Never happened before in any hotel.

Stay in upper levels if possible -- to reduce awareness of street sounds. Know that the air conditioning units are floor mounted and run on a periodic basis at night --- no central air. On the other hand, free lobby and in-room WiFi which isn't very common near convention centers.

I've stayed in other downtown Atlanta properties --- I'd go back here in a heartbeat.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Scottjens,
thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Tripadvisor page. It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest at the HGI. I have shared your comments with the engineering team and the hotel staff this morning at our HGI daily huddle. Your feedback certainly made our day! We look forward to your return and to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Babett HIrzel