“Great Hotel With Great Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #47 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
TN
“Great Hotel With Great Location”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel was a nice one and up to the standards I have come to expect with the Hilton name. The hotel staff were very nice and also had a very nice valet person as well. The parking garage is very big so unless you want to walk and have a elevator ride I recommend doing the valet parking. On concert or event nights this parking garage can also get very crowded.

The room here was very nice except for the fact that the ac is on a motion senor so at night time it got a little hot which is why I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 stars. The room had all the standard features like microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, etc. It was very clean and be sure to ask for the city view. I added a picture of the city view and also a picture wall by our room which had a animal on it.

If you plan on going to the Coca Cola Museum or the Georgia Aquarium this hotel is in a perfect location and if you are checking out you can ask front desk to leave your car there for the day at no extra charge, otherwise it is $20 across street. The CNN Center and Olympic Park are only a short walk up the street.

They do have a pool which is kinda like a rooftop pool and it is a very nice area for the kids or to relax. They also have a gym which seems to have all the main equipment you need.

Overall this is a great place to stay when visiting Atlanta and don't forget to eat at the Varsity while in Atlanta, Food is cheap and great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank snobird1211

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is one of the best downtown hotels I have ever stayed at. We stopped in Atlanta on our way back from South just wanting to see the Martin Luther King Historic Sight and ended up having a great time from this hotel. The hotel itself is great, lovely rooms, great breakfast, incredibly friendly and helpful staff ( the desk guy was very helpful in planning our afternoon around what was open etc.). Nice indoor/outdoor pool on the 7th floor with a great view. This is a great area of this or any city with the Centennial Park across the street and walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium, CNN and World of Coca Cola. Just a few minutes from the MLK site which is easily driveable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear timj0,
thank you for your review on our tripadvisor page.I am excited to hear you had a great stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we really appreciate it.

Babett hIrzel
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My daughter and I stayed here as part of a visit to see friends, it was the first time I have been to the States (we are from the UK) and was made to feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean and the food excellent. We couldn't ask for anything more! A special mention must be made of the security man who brought a replacement room key card out to the pool area for us after we had locked one of ours in our room so we didnt have to wait around in the reception area, thank you! The location of the hotel is perfect for all the local attractions which we visited (Should have bought the City Pass!). We cant wait to visit Atlanta again and this hotel is top of our list to stay in!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jilly M,
thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review on our Tripadvisor page. Our team is very excited to hear that you had a great time with us. I shared your comment with John, our Security Manager who was the person who assisted you.You just made his day!!!!
Thank you again for staying with us. Greetings to the UK from Atlanta!!

Babett hIrzel
Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I frankly could not wave a magic wand and create a more perfect location for this hotel than where it currently resides on Baker Street and almost adjacent to Centennial Park. I was a five-minute walk away from the Georgia World Congress convention center. I had a gorgeous view of the Centennial Park area noteworthy from the '96 Olympics. When I return with family, this would be an idea location for a stroll over to Atlanta's impressive aquarium. I even had one of my favorites restaurants, Legal Seafood of Boston, connected to my Hilton Garden hotel lobby! I immediately felt right at home.

As a longtime Hilton Honors member, the room presented no surprises to me and I found it most comfortable. I do have to point out what I think is an outstanding pool and exercise room facility. For starters, the location again is absolutely perfect - a nice outdoor pool and deck area on the 7th floor with a breezy and expansive view of Atlanta's downtown. A well equipped and maintained work-out center. A nice treat after a long business day.

I do wish that my last breakfast had been posted to my room account a little quicker. I was promised that it would be performed before I reached downstairs and checked out of my room but after waiting 10 minutes, I decided to retrieve my amended check-out receipt later on-line.

Overall, I am very impressed with this Hilton Garden property and it is definitely my #1 choice for future visits to downtown Atlanta (whether for business OR pleasure!)

Dear jrleonardfl,
thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It was a great pleasure serving you.
We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future. I shared your great review with the team at our daily huddle. Thank you again.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Leonard the bellman started our trip off by being so accommodating. The front desk guy from South Carolina was fun and knowledgable. Rooms were nice and comfortable and the location was perfect

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ksuber25
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Ksuber25,
thank you so much for your review on our Tripadvisor page.You just made our day!!!!
I shared yoru review this morning at our daily huddle and we recognized Leonard in front of his peers. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently stayed here on a business trip for a trade show at the World Congress Center, which is only a couple blocks from the hotel. With its proximity to other key Atlanta destinations, such as Philips Arena and the Georgia Aquarium, the HGI-Atlanta Downtown is perfectly situated.

The hotel staff was remarkably attentive and friendly, and it has all of the features and amenities that the business traveler needs: 24-hour pantry, business center, etc.

However, the free WiFi was a severe disappointment. My Internet speed gauge software indicated that it was on-par with dial-up speeds, and had I not been traveling with my portable 4G hotspot, work (which includes online conferencing) would have been impossible.

Otherwise, I would highly recommend this hotel, and will definitely consider it for future visits.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear derek_traveling,
thank you for your feedback on our Tripadvisor page. It was our pleasure serving you and we appreciate that you had chosen to stay with us.I shared your kind review with the team at our daily huddles.You just made everyones day!!!!
We are looking forward to your return.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just spent 2 nights at this hotel and while I don't have a rave review of the property, I must say it suited the purpose of my trip. I was in town for 2 days for a seminar and the location was perfect for that purpose. The room itself was fine. The bed was not wonderful and I did not think the adjustable firmness to the mattress worked. The fitted sheet was actually too small for the bed and wanted to keep popping off. There were just a few minor cleanliness issues as well. I did not get good sleep, however, considering there was a police situation outside my window the first night and a rowdy guest down the hall the second night. The conference facilities were great and so was the food that the hotel provided for the meetings. Legal Sea Foods, located right by the hotel, however, was overpriced for the quality of food.

Dear SMcLafferty,
Please accept our thanks for your kind remarks and your constructive criticism on our Tripadvisor page. We are looking into and examining the issue and hope to be able to resolve the situation for other guests in the future.
I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and operations team.
Should the time come that you return to Atlanta, please contact me directly at 404-704 8042 and I will be delighted to handle your reservations personally.