“Heart of Tourist Area”

Ranked #46 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Decatur, Alabama
“Heart of Tourist Area”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel and were very satisfied. On arrival, we self-parked in the adjacent garage ($20/day) and rode the elevator to the lobby floor. The staff was very helpful, They had our reservation and greeted us warmly. Our room overlooked the Ga. Aquarium.

The room was clean and had a desk/chair and an easy chair. The bathroom was adequate with a large shower. The room had a microwave, refrigerator, and a safe. The king bed was comfortable.

On the 4th floor is a restaurant with a $12.95 breakfast buffet that was excellent. On the 7th floor is a fitness center, an outdoor rooftop pool, and a small indoor heated pool.

Two things stand out about this hotel. First it's location is great, in the Luckie-Marietta District with many attractions and restaurants within walking distance. The Aquarium, Coca-Cola World, Children's Museum, CNN, Georgia Dome, Phillips Arena are all nearby. You can easily walk to downtown Atlanta (thru Centenial Olympic Park to downtown Atlanta - 10 minutes). Local restaurants include Legal Sea Foods (in the hotel), Ruth's Chris, a nice deli, a pizza place, Johnny Rocket's, and many more.

The 2nd feature is the friendly staff. From the front desk to the restaurant, many employees greeted us and asked if we needed anything. I heartily reccomend the Hilton Garden Inn.

1 Thank ALoldsters

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Korean first
yorkshire
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in a suite. After dropping off our luggage (plenty of luggage trolleys) we self parked which was pretty easy and got the lift back down to ground floor. Check in was friendly and easy. The room was lovely - modern and clean. We ate in the Lobby Oyster Bar which was very good. The location of the hotel was excellent. 2 min walk to the aquarium and coca cola museum - both were very good (look for a city pass to save money). We ate breakfast at the hotel which were very good. The service was friendly and professional. We didn't have to look far for other places to eat. We tried the Stats Bar and the German Beer Garden (1 min walk away). I highly recommend both of these places to eat/drink. I would not hesistate to recommend this hotel.

1 Thank JJYork
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This hotel was great. When I arrived very early in the A.M. the staff was very helpful and friendly. It was an easy transition from the parking garage to the hotel. The rooms were clean and everything in the room functioned as expected. This hotel is in a great location and is within walking distance from tourist attractions, and fun nightlife. The outdoor pool and hot tub area with a view of the city was great. I felt very safe in and around this hotel. I only had one issue. I knew that I was going to arrive at the hotel very early in the morning on Friday May 11th. My friend drove from another city and arrived at the hotel shortly before I arrived. It was about 1:00 am Friday. I did call the hotel prior and they advised that they would just list me as an early arrival. When we arrived at the hotel we could not check in. I did pay for another full day just so we could check in. I assume it was a misunderstanding and I totally understand the hotels check in policy but was confused because I was advised that I could check in early without another full days charge. Despite this issue I am actually planning to stay here again within the next few weeks. It is overall a great hotel

TN
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel was a nice one and up to the standards I have come to expect with the Hilton name. The hotel staff were very nice and also had a very nice valet person as well. The parking garage is very big so unless you want to walk and have a elevator ride I recommend doing the valet parking. On concert or event nights this parking garage can also get very crowded.

The room here was very nice except for the fact that the ac is on a motion senor so at night time it got a little hot which is why I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 stars. The room had all the standard features like microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, etc. It was very clean and be sure to ask for the city view. I added a picture of the city view and also a picture wall by our room which had a animal on it.

If you plan on going to the Coca Cola Museum or the Georgia Aquarium this hotel is in a perfect location and if you are checking out you can ask front desk to leave your car there for the day at no extra charge, otherwise it is $20 across street. The CNN Center and Olympic Park are only a short walk up the street.

They do have a pool which is kinda like a rooftop pool and it is a very nice area for the kids or to relax. They also have a gym which seems to have all the main equipment you need.

Overall this is a great place to stay when visiting Atlanta and don't forget to eat at the Varsity while in Atlanta, Food is cheap and great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank snobird1211
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is one of the best downtown hotels I have ever stayed at. We stopped in Atlanta on our way back from South just wanting to see the Martin Luther King Historic Sight and ended up having a great time from this hotel. The hotel itself is great, lovely rooms, great breakfast, incredibly friendly and helpful staff ( the desk guy was very helpful in planning our afternoon around what was open etc.). Nice indoor/outdoor pool on the 7th floor with a great view. This is a great area of this or any city with the Centennial Park across the street and walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium, CNN and World of Coca Cola. Just a few minutes from the MLK site which is easily driveable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear timj0,
thank you for your review on our tripadvisor page.I am excited to hear you had a great stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we really appreciate it.

Babett hIrzel
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My daughter and I stayed here as part of a visit to see friends, it was the first time I have been to the States (we are from the UK) and was made to feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean and the food excellent. We couldn't ask for anything more! A special mention must be made of the security man who brought a replacement room key card out to the pool area for us after we had locked one of ours in our room so we didnt have to wait around in the reception area, thank you! The location of the hotel is perfect for all the local attractions which we visited (Should have bought the City Pass!). We cant wait to visit Atlanta again and this hotel is top of our list to stay in!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jilly M,
thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review on our Tripadvisor page. Our team is very excited to hear that you had a great time with us. I shared your comment with John, our Security Manager who was the person who assisted you.You just made his day!!!!
Thank you again for staying with us. Greetings to the UK from Atlanta!!

Babett hIrzel
Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I frankly could not wave a magic wand and create a more perfect location for this hotel than where it currently resides on Baker Street and almost adjacent to Centennial Park. I was a five-minute walk away from the Georgia World Congress convention center. I had a gorgeous view of the Centennial Park area noteworthy from the '96 Olympics. When I return with family, this would be an idea location for a stroll over to Atlanta's impressive aquarium. I even had one of my favorites restaurants, Legal Seafood of Boston, connected to my Hilton Garden hotel lobby! I immediately felt right at home.

As a longtime Hilton Honors member, the room presented no surprises to me and I found it most comfortable. I do have to point out what I think is an outstanding pool and exercise room facility. For starters, the location again is absolutely perfect - a nice outdoor pool and deck area on the 7th floor with a breezy and expansive view of Atlanta's downtown. A well equipped and maintained work-out center. A nice treat after a long business day.

I do wish that my last breakfast had been posted to my room account a little quicker. I was promised that it would be performed before I reached downstairs and checked out of my room but after waiting 10 minutes, I decided to retrieve my amended check-out receipt later on-line.

Overall, I am very impressed with this Hilton Garden property and it is definitely my #1 choice for future visits to downtown Atlanta (whether for business OR pleasure!)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear jrleonardfl,
thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It was a great pleasure serving you.
We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future. I shared your great review with the team at our daily huddle. Thank you again.

Babett Hirzel