I was here on business by myself. The room was OK, nothing fancy. The 3 things I care about when I travel for work, in order of importance:
(1) quiet room-- I don't like hearing elevator doors, or other guests or their TVs. The Ellis was great on this one.
(2) Comfortable bed, bedding, and pillows-- just meh on this one. Passable, but not extra comfortable.
(3) Awesome shower-- quite bad. This was one of the worst hotel showers I've had in a while, and I travel a *lot*.-- terrible water pressure, the hot/cold was hard to control, the shower itself was awkward and uncomfortable.
The breakfast was good, and it is nearby Georgia State, but it is generally not in a great neighborhood. Try the new Mexican place up the block-- it is AWESOME!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, boutique, hip downtown Atlanta hotel with 4 star service at affordable prices. Everything from our contemporary decor to our quietly attentive staff has been thoughtfully designed for the definitive indulgent experience. Following an impressive $28 million restoration, our hotel rooms blend sleek design and down home southern comforts with unmatched access to the heart of downtown … within walking distance of restaurants, corporations, and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Reservation Counter so you can book your Ellis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.