“Highly Recommended for Date Night!”
Review of Community Smith

Community Smith
Reserve with OpenTable
Community Smith is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Designed to be a contemporary eatery with a neighborhood feel, Community Smith is the ideal place to relax over handcrafted cocktails and sharable plates.
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

The food was outstanding! The mac & cheese was awesome - everyone should try it. Our server, Tony was incredible! He was attentive, fun, and gave excellent food and drink recommendation! I really liked the ambience. Laid back, but nice! I'll definitely be back. Thanks Tony!

Date of visit: October 2018
KEYSHOND2, General Manager at Community Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Sherpa,

Thank you for sharing your experience, the mac n cheese is a menu favorite and one of my favorites as well. Tony is an incredible asset to our team and goes above and beyond for each and every guests. We're lucky to have him. I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Great service, food was very good. Special evening with Eric Thomas trio on Friday night. Wonderful!!!

Hi Footprints,

Thank you for sharing your experience, Friday night is my favorite night at Community Smith. Eric Thomas is a very talented professional musician and gives an added ambiance and energy to the restaurant. He's here each Friday from 6:30p to 9:30p, I hope to see you in the near future. We also offer social hour from 4p to 6p, $5 beer selection and $5 wine selection.

Reviewed October 19, 2018

My daughter and I went before a show at the Fox and were very happy. Food was delicious and service was wonderful as well. As many other reviewers mention, Tony is awesome - attentive (but not overly), funny and spot on recommendations. We had the short ribs and the pork chop and both were perfect. Shared the pecan brownie for dessert and loved it too!

Hi Discover339430,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we get quite a few diners before a show at the Fox. I've shared your kind words with Tony and he was very pleased you had a good experience. I'll also share it with the culinary team who takes great pride in providing a great experience. I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

We are locals to this establishment and they do a reasonable job so long as there isn’t a large hotel group in town or meeting there.

If so/large group, you’re done. So, it makes sense to call ahead and ask who else might be joining for dinner . Otherwise, a decent place.

Even you choose CS you may want to steer clear of the bar by sitting in the dining room. Worst bar stools in the city, trust me. Steel backless benches, maybe good for a one drink person

Best bet would be to put your money on Cypress Pint and Plate, one block over, or choose Mexican two blocks away at Escorpian. Looking for Italian and the best bar? Try Baroanda. I promise... I’m a regular at all of them

Dishes:

Community Smith: Pork Chop if you can get them to not over cook it.

Cypress Pint and Plate: I’m easy I like the wings; My wife like these spicy egg roll thing but don’t miss the Fried Chicken when available.

Escorpian: It’s Mexican. Get what you like.

Baroanda: Best thing ever is the Spaghetti Agli Olio - with Shrimp on top. Order the Bruschetta as an appetizer. If you’re looking for pizza The Margarita won’t disappoint (usually a lunch thing for me)

Cheers!

Hi Todd,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are a very popular restaurant and attract all types of groups throughout the city. When I compare our online rankings from all guests to all the other restaurants you mentioned on our page there's no real comparison. Thank you for trying us out.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

We came into the restaurant as a last resort. We were extremely pleased by our server, Tony. He made great recommendations and he excellent with our kids! He was quite funny as well. We will definitely be back. Thanks for a wonderful night!

Hi Makibah,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I hope we've moved to the top of your list as far as restaurants given your experience. I've shared your experience with Tony and he is very pleased you had a good experience. I hope to see you in the near future.

Take Care

Been to Community Smith? Share your experiences!