“Friendly Service and Tasty Deviled Eggs with Country Ham”
Review of JCT Kitchen

JCT Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
JCT Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 4,311 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Huff Rd.
Reviewed February 25, 2018

My first time to eat at JCT Kitchen, and the meal was good. But the outstanding item turned out to be the Deviled Eggs with Country Ham served as a starter. We commented as we saw them being served as we entered the restaurant, so ordered some for our table. What a treat. The remainder of our meal (my daughter had the Fried Chicken Salad and I had the Crispy Fish Sandwich) was well worth the visit, but the Deviled Eggs were special. And a shout-out to the friendly serving staff.

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in town visiting friends. We wanted a fun place to eat so we ate at JCT. service was very friendly and inviting. Real southern hospitality. I had their speciality fried chicken. It was absolutely delicious and moist. It can with a breast leg and a thigh. It also came with two biscuits. Obviously I took some home. I split the winter salad as an appetizer. My wife had the sea scallops which was also delicious. I would recommend this place but be advised it is loud.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

I've been to JCT a couple of times and I came away with the same observation. There doesn't seem to be anything really special about JCT. But it is always busy, always crowded and people seem to be enjoying themselves. I was here for lunch. We started out with some deviled eggs and some homemade pimento cheese. Both were really good, very fresh had nice spins on some very familiar food. I had a avocado and shrimp salad. It was great. Not too much dressing, lots of avocado and shrimp. Service is very good and very quick as you need for lunch. All in all a great experience. I don't know if there is anything in particular that is on the menu that I think you could rave about. But it all looks very well thought out and all is just a little bit different from the standard menu items that you see at so many restaurants. I believe they take reservations, so I recommend that you call ahead if you are in a hurry. JCT is just popular, what else can I say.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018

7 adults, one teenager and 3 children ages 8-4 celebrated a birthday Saturday night at JCT Kitchen and Bar. JCT is located amongst warehouses etc now turned into a vibrant area with restaurants, shops, and condos and one railroad track. We had reservations, not sure is smaller groups can just walk in and get served. The adults tried a variety of drinks from the bar and enjoyed them greatly. Fried chicken was a favorite from a previous visit and was ordered again, a huge plate with biscuits and collards. Two in the group ordered very large porkchops that were very good. Artic char was OK but not great. I had avacado/crab toast and a bowl of lobster bisque that were delicious. Water, coffee, and vanilla ice cream brought my bill to about $33. Entree meals were more expensive. Deviled eggs and a cheese tray were hits as appetizers. Kids had either very delicious hamburgers or chicken strips along with mac and cheese or french fries. Bread was delicious.

JCT was crowded and lively [loud for me] but we did not feel cramped at all. Our group arrived at 5 PM and finished around 8ish, a little slow due to size of our group and size of total customers but we were having a good time so not too much bother.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

Thank goodness our server, Lauren, was not judgey. Because I finger-licked and dunked my grilled cheese into my soup with reckless abandon. The lemonade is made fresh so you must order an Arnold Palmer here - divine! We slipped in right at opening on Saturday morning and got in and out before the crush of the crowd.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to JCT Kitchen? Share your experiences!