“Good, Fun Spot”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Virginia Highland
Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

Came here a few years ago on a Sunday and enjoyed the taco specials with a few patrons. Came again on Saturday night and the place was packed with young, fun people partying and dancing. Reasonably priced and great time!

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

We went early last night, a Friday, for the fish & chips. They had no fish. It's a pub and fish & chips is a staple of pub food! We settled for burgers which were quite good.
Service was pathetically slow. I ordered a beer when my burger & fries was delivered but didn't receive it until I finished my meal.
Don't think I'll go back again.

Reviewed December 13, 2016

My girlfriend lives about 1 block from this pub, so we have gone there many times. Basically, we like it, but it would be nice to get consistently good food and service. Sometimes the food is great and so is the service. Sometimes we wish we had gone somewhere else.

Last Monday we went for the 1/2 price deal. My girlfriend loves the steak and I had the burger. We ordered them "medium well". We got "barely cooked".
She had to send her steak back, but I lived with the under-cooked burger and somewhat cool fries. (Some were piping hot, some were barely warm. I think they dumped some fresh ones on top of an older batch).

Learning from our previous experience, last night we ordered the steak and burger "well done" and the steak was fine, but the burger was still pretty close to "medium". It was OK, but their cook's idea of "well done" is questionable. The couple next to us each ordered salmon and both of them had to send it back, saying it was raw in the middle.

One night we walked in and two waitresses were hanging out near the bar and they told us to sit anywhere, as usual. We looked for a clean table and found a lot of them were still full of the previous guest's dishes. Dirty tables, and waitresses chatting with each other.

As "old folks", we found the noise level to be waaaaay too loud. Perhaps the young 'uns don't mind the auditory assault, but we found it almost impossible to talk to each other. Maybe the younger generation does not talk to each other. I wonder if anyone ever sat in a pub and complained that the music was not loud enough.....My guess is, that if they actually asked people, they would find that most of their patrons find the music to be too loud.

This place is pet friendly, and in the outside patio area they actually provide water dishes for the poochies. Nice touch.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

We stopped off here for a drink and decided to eat, the food was good and reasonable priced. The outside area is very pleasant and child friendly.

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

Large outdoor space. Service was fast and server was kind. Food was average. Good but nothing special.

Been to Hand in Hand? Share your experiences!