“Unfair Review”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Virginia Highland
Reviewed June 28, 2017

This is an Unfair Review since we didn't actually eat there last Monday night. We stopped in for the Half Price Monday specials only to discover that they no longer have the promotion and we left. We used to eat there frequently on Mondays because we felt the food was pretty decent for 1/2 price. At full price, not so much. Your expectation is lower for a $10.00 steak than it is for a $20.00 steak. For full price, $20.00, we'll take Longhorn for a better steak, better salad, hot bread, etc.

For $12.00, a hamburger better be pretty good. It's not bad, but it's not $12.00 good. Again, I compare it to the quality I can get somewhere else for less. Maybe if you're drinking beer it tastes a lot better, but we don't drink.

All in all, not a bad place to eat.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

Hand In Hand sits on the popular Highland Avenue bar stretch and offers an expansive dog friendly patio which serves at its greatest asset. The bar used to offer different food specials each day which I found essential given the high prices asked for the dishes offered. Unfortunately they appear to have ceased their weekly specials as of May 2017 and so I can no longer recommend dining here as other spots offer a better value. If you must get fish and chips or a banger and mash in this area they get the job done.

Service has varied greatly the different times I've visited. They have a high turnover so it's really a dice roll.

Hand In Hand can still be a fun spot to meet friends for outdoor drinking as they have several large tables, though I prefer the more open layout of neighboring Neighbor's patio. The crowd is typical Highland Ave - Emory/post Emory.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

I have been here a dozen or more times. When I visit Atlanta, I always make it a point to visit Hand in Hand for lunch. Great Service and Great Burgers!

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

We went down for the appetizer and 7 dollar fish and chips. The meal was just spot on. The duck fat fries were very good and the cheese curds topped them off. I fell into a wonderful piece of fish that should be on he record books for flavor and proper cooking temp. I had a craft beer that was just a good as the waiter said it would be. Great food great service. Good job.

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

We went for the $7 fish and chips special on Friday night. it was a good deal. THe fish and chips are the best I have had in Atlanta. The service was ok. This is a good neighborhood bar in VA Highlands area in Atlanta.