“Another Outstanding Experience at Marcel!”
Review of Marcel

Marcel
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Neal you did it again! Thanks for another wonderful experience at Marcel! It seems like every time we bring someone new to Marcel that evening tops the previous one! As always the food was outstanding...we enjoyed the Escargot and Crabmeat for starters, the tender and juicy Bone in Filet for our entrees, the incredible Cacio e Pepe, Creamed Corn Gratin, and Pommes Dauphinoise for sides, and the can't miss Baked Alaska for dessert! But just as wonderful as the food was the very friendly and professional staff that waited on us throughout the evening. No pretentiousness here...as Josh and Kelsey did their best to make us feel like we were special guest in their home! Friends if you want to enjoy the best dining experience in Atlanta look no further!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed February 4, 2017

We were unlucky at our first visit, but gave Marcel another trie. It was almost like we were at a completely different restaurant, except that the dining room was still a very beautiful place to be. The king crab appetizer was delicious. Its on the menu as a cold dish, but our excellent waitress recommended to get it warm with lemon butter. Great recommendation. My wife had the lump crab mayonnaise which was delightful as well. 95% crab, and 5% mayonnaise, and home made crackers. Mains were the bone in filet, which I highly recommend, and the simple fish of the day. The fish was super fresh and well prepared. Since we finished of all our plates, we shared a desert, the creme brûlée, and it did not disappoint. Service was great, the waitress brought over multiple wines to taste before we made our choices. When my wife's espresso was getting cold because she had left the table for the powder room, a fresh espresso was brought over without asking. How thoughtful. We really enjoyed our second visit and will be back soon for a third.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

We were very disappointed in the food and service last night. The Escargot were horrible, my wife's steak was very salty and the Veal Parm was very difficult to cut. The Mushrooms and Asparagus were excellent as was the Baked Alaska. Possibly just a bad night in the kitchen or the head chef was on vacation? Service was polite but 3 hours for dinner is way too long. Servers disappeared frequently. Not a bargin in terms of pricing and the food and service were not nearly commensurate with the check.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed January 17, 2017

I went to Marcel's for a steak in a city with great steak places. Being a Francophile it appealed to me for its French accent on le boeuf. The ambiance is eclectic with boxing pictures and fencer mask lighting but intriguing as well. I had read reviews that touted Marcel's as the most expensive steak house in Atlanta but I didn't find that the case. The prices were high but not outrageous and splitting an entree was encouraged. i easily spent much more at Bone's. The steaks were perfect and the sides to die for. I had the Marcel salad as an appetizer and couldn't have been happier. There wasn't one of our group not pleased, sated and wanting to come back. Give it a try

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed January 4, 2017

My husband and I dined at Marcel upon arriving in Atlanta for the Peach Bowl in December 2016. All around a wonderful experience. The ambiance is dark and romantic, everything you look for in a high end chop house. For starters we had the beef tartar and bread. Their house bread is different than a traditional bread, but my goodness was it delicious?! My husband got the filet "Pittsburgh style" and I got the fish of the day. And we got the French version of a scalloped potato as our side. For desert we had the enormously delicious chocolate cake. From the service, to the food, to the ambiance, this restaurant has it all and I highly recommend it!

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to Marcel? Share your experiences!