“Business with a twist”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Castleberry Hill
Cross street: Haynes St.
Description: No Mas! Cantina serves classic Mexican favorites and unique specialties, all made fresh daily – starting with Breakfast Daily at 8 am at our ADios Cafe – catering available too. Located in historic Castleberry Hill near all major attractions in downtown Atlanta, just half a mile south of CNN, with both an award winning 350 seat Mexican Restaurant and Artisan Market of furniture, lighting, accessories, architectural elements, and jewelry, all handcrafted in Mexico.
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

First off we had a large party. And they sent 1 server into the lions den. She held her own but it was alot for one person. Of course this made the wait times RIDICULOUS. HOWEVER they sent help and Isabel(I think she was a mgr of some sort) rolled up her sleeves and worked it out. Things began to run better. Now to the food their spanish version of shrimp n grits is a game changer. Stuff shrimp wrapped in bacon. Ummmm yes please. Definitely worth coming back with a smaller group. The atmospbere is really nice. Bumpy in the beginning bc those drinks took forever but at least on my end had a wonderful classic with a hint of mango on the rocks. I will be back.

wbilinski, Owner at No Mas! Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Thank you for visiting and letting us know of your recent experience. I'll be certain to discuss service of large groups with our managers to see how we can make some improvements. Isabel was recently promoted to a manager role so we are glad she is engaging to ensure our guests are happy! As an owner who reads (and writes!) lots of reviews, I wanted to compliment you on your writing style and sentiment of helping a business improve. When you come back, it would be my pleasure to say hello. Steve and I are usually in the Artisan Market next door. Muchas Gracias! Walt

Reviewed July 10, 2017

First off, I am from San Antonio Texas and have high expectations when it comes to Mexican food. This food is good gringo Tex Mex.....not great Mexican food. Service good. Why I rate it a 4 out of 5? Overall you come to No Mas for the experience of it all. Great drinks, atmosphere, and the great date place with significant other. Come early enough to catch the artisan market to add to your experience. Not quite Texas but kinda sorta has that feel.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

It can get pretty busy but they have lots of room for dining, including outside. Friendly service, tasty food -try the queso!

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Couldn't be happier with the service we received at No Mas! I contacted them to see about hosting a small baby shower there. Aysia informed us that as we were a small group (less than 10), our party was too small for a room but she went WAYYYY above and beyond to ensure that we got exactly what we were looking for. She arranged for us to sit on the mezzanine, have family style table service and a beautiful cake! We received the same service a large wedding reception would have. The event itself went very smoothly. Our waiter was incredibly nice and the food was delicious. I would definitely go back to No Mas again, not only for dinner but for another party/event. Thank you for making us feel special!

wbilinski, Owner at No Mas! Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write! It means a lot to us when we hear how our staff goes above the customers expectations. We believe one good deed deserves another. Aaron, your server, selected a silver ring from our Artisan Market and Aysia will be sporting new earrings soon. Thanks to you! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Something changed in the past 2 years. It was pretty good before that in my opinion, but started changing in the past 1-2 years. The service is somewhat better, but the food is worse. Recently, for example, in the Mexican dinner, the meat was so tough I could hardly cut it and couldn't eat it. Also it and other things were so salty, they were terrible. It is much more empty. Perhaps that is why. Here's the worst thing for me (not new): they use margarita mix instead of fresh items, so this Mexican restaurant has the worst Margaritas I have ever had. I would have expected to have the best.

wbilinski, Owner at No Mas! Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2017

Hello there! Consistency is one of the most important core attributes we strive for, so I'm sorry you feel that we have changed. Our GM, Director of Operations, Chef and Kitchen Manager have been with us since we opened over 10 years ago. The steak is marinated for 24 hours and usually tender but I will be certain to check into it further. If you would like a margarita with mostly alcohol, I would recommend the Santos Classic "skinny" margarita. It has 1800 Silver Tequila, orange liquor, lime juice (1/2 lime) and a drop of agave nectar. The glass is adorned with a santos wooden bracelet as a take away (our signature drink). Our house margaritas are made with fresh ingredients to fill the glass in addition to Jose Cuervo Tradicional. If you were here on Thursday, the City of Atlanta had a boil water advisory. Many businesses closed, including Coca Cola headquarters. The days after the 4th of July are also notoriously slower than normal.

For others reading, please know that we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. If you don't like something, please give us a chance to make you happy while you are here and ask for a manager. (One caveat; Please let us know before you eat every bite! :))

We sincerely hope you will give us another try. We can reached at owner@nomascantina.com. Thank you for taking the time to write.