“Disappointing”

Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Ranked #103 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We have stayed at this hotel three times in the past. this visit we were charged $10 per night to park in an unprotected lot on premises.
The rooms were not clean, they were made up but far from clean.
We had problem with the toilet and it took two calls to get it corrected.
The small cafe downstairs is ran by two people with absolutely no idea of operating it and are just down and out rude.
They do not leave but two coffees in the room, but only one cup and when you go downstairs they do not keep coffee in the lobby.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 November 2011

THis hotel is completely remodeled and a great stay in Atlanta. I was upgraded to a suite and the room was awesome - even had a balcony. If you can, request to not be in a room with a wall that shares the elevator lobby on each floor - I would imagine those rooms are rather noisy from all the traffic. IF you order dinner at the bar downstairs the wings are surprisingly good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This courtyard has a nice lobby area with a new "touchboard" and the bistro meal arrangement, which means food items available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The downside to the bistro is the menu is very limited and rather spendy considering what you get. The internet in the room was fast and the large HDTV was good. There is a shuttle available on-demand to take guests to local places, but not the airport. If you drive here, self-parking is $15 per night. One annoyance is the A/C unit only works when the thermostat detects motion in the room. Which means at night while you sleep, the A/C shuts off and the room warms up. On one day during my stay housekeeping took the used towels I had left on the floor of the bathroom and actually hung & folded them back onto the towel rack, wrinkled and all!! Apart fro this disturbing shortcut in cleaning, I had no problems at this property.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2011

On Sep 20 - reached the facility via car late evening. First observation -- you will need to pay for the parking -- $15 per night. Lobby seems pleasant. As you enter, there is breakfast and lounge area on the right. Business center desks straight ahead and the front desks on the left. After settling in the room, I had to request their maintenance staff multiple times to come to the room – to figure out why TV does not work. Literally it would not turn on. About 30 mins after the initial request, the staff came and checked and determined that the power cord had some issue and fixed it. As I needed to get up early next day, put a request in-person to the front desk person for wake-up call at 6:00 AM. Next morning, I never got the call and due to it, I woke up one late. It messed up the entire day schedule.

The housing keeping staff – must not do proper job as there were hairs from prior guest(s) on the pillow. It was very unpleasant. It makes you wonder whether they changed pillowcases fully or what. The room had two double beds and it is possible that the prior guest may have used one bed and on that basis, the housekeeping staff may not have changed the linens and pillowcases on both.

There is free wi-fi in the room. Unfortunately the Internet bandwidth pipe must be very small as it is useless to use it during the evening and night hours.

I paid close to $156 + tax per night. Had stayed for two nights.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was promptly greeted at the front desk. I was able to check in a little bit early without requesting an early check-in. The receptionist was extremely friendly, giving information about the hotel and times when the cafe was open. The lobby was clean and inviting. I went to my room and it was also very clean, the decor was classy. My room overlooked the pool, which wasn't too bad.

The biggest downside would probably be the cost of parking, but I didn't have a car, so it didn't bother me at all. It is a great location for access to Georgia Tech, which was the purpose of my visit. Another downside would be that I requested a king size bed and got 2 queens instead. This was fine for me though, I'm pretty not-picky on beds, as long as I have at least 1 to sleep on :)

The breakfast was good and reasonably priced. I'd prefer a free breakfast, but $7 for a breakfast sandwich, fresh fruit, and a bottle of OJ was good for me. The food was fresh and the staff working the cafe were very friendly.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a nice, pleaant better than average motel near Georgia Tech. Friend, helpful staff, especially van driver who took us to a restaurant we requested, several miles away, and to the Georgia Tech conference Center where several of us had a conference.

Only drawback was the breakfast. It was not free, but that was not the worst part. The people staffing the breakfast bar were very slow. I'm not sure what the problem was but we were in somewhat of a hurry. There were only 3 people waiting to buy food but it took almost 15 minutes.

Overall evaluation is very positive. Friendly, helpful people and the van driver is available to all guests.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Special thanks to Tim and all the staff there for being ever so helpful.
Great breakfasts until 9.30am. The free shuttle in the 2.5kms radius was a great bonus!!
We will be back and soon!!!
The one issue we did face was due to the planned change of locks on doors on our floor, which did pose a small problem of going back and forth for a fresh set of keys on the last eve, but all else was just fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family