All reviews georgia tech silver skillet typical courtyard front desk walking distance starbucks coffee the staff was friendly and helpful mile radius the hotel staff upgraded to a suite would stay here again fitness center the shuttle driver early check beds were very comfortable self parking georgia aquarium
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I spent two nights at this property in September 2018. My stay was fine but not fantastic.

Pros:
1. The staff was friendly and helpful.
2. The room was basically what you would expect from Courtyard.
3. There is a nice pool area.

Cons:
1. Although the location is near Midtown, it is not within easy walking distance of anything. I just read that the hotel offers a shuttle, so that may be an option for you. Personally, I like to be able to walk to places without having to rely on shuttles and Uber.
2. Breakfast is pretty chaotic. You have to stand in line to order breakfast. Not great for getting a quick breakfast. The food was pretty good when it finally arrived.
3. The restaurant crew was friendly, but it seemed like they were understaffed.
4. The room was small, and there wasn't much room to move around.
5. The price was pretty steep considering the location.
6. There is a significant fee for parking, but they are completely upfront about it in their advertising. I would imagine that all of the other hotels in the area have similar fees.

Conclusion: If you have to stay here, it will be fine. In my opinion, the price is too steep for what you get. Next time, I will stay somewhere that is within walking distance of more places to eat.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Heidi B, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Greetings Brett T, thank you for the detailed review! For future reference, we do offer rates that include breakfast and/or parking that may be a better value. Our rates do vary pretty widely depending on what's going on in the area, but we always strive to offer a great value to our guests. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2018

Stayed the hotel for a few days. It is just a typical courtyard room. The hotel has a shuttle that can drive you within 1 mile radius. It is within walking distance to GTRI or to the Martha station.

The hotel staff is always super nice and willing to help customer.
First day the gym has no towel. The front desk quickly brings me one. The Bistro service is always fast.

A few minor things that worth improving. In the my room, the shower curtain either needs to be replaced or washed. It gives a strong moldy odor that stinks the whole bathroom.

In the gym, one treadmill TV was broken. Quite often no towels.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Greetings cliff w, thank you for the detailed review! We've addressed both issues, and appreciate you sharing them with us. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

This was not my first visit to Atlanta, but it was my first visit to this hotel. It was your average Courtyard... nothing stood out about the room or the property. This is fine enough if you are looking for someplace clean to spend the night, but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who’s on a vacation where the are looking to relax. It was a GIANT pain to get in and out of the hotel. Lots of traffic and my Uber drivers all had trouble when th the parking lot. (You have to take a ticket to pull up in front of the hotel.) You’re at the side of the interstate, there really isn’t anywhere worthwhile to walk to either. If this is the best deal you can find, I suppose it’s ok but there are much better locations to stay in Atlanta.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Heidi B, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Greetings agirlinca, thank you for submitting a review of your recent experience, we appreciate the feedback. We do offer a complimentary shuttle within the immediate area Monday - Friday, 7am-10pm. We see rideshare drivers in and out all the time, and there doesn't seem to be an issue, there is no ticket to pull, the gates open automatically for entrance and there's a call button to exit.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

the room is well appointed and the internet works great. The bed was VERY comfortable and the bed and bath linens are good. The room is small though. The bathroom is institutional. The breakfast was something I'd like to avoid next time. It's Starbucks - I',m not a fan to begin with, but the selection was not great. The egg was over-cooked. The place is expensive for what you get.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank JPMcGuire
Heidi B, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for the detailed review, we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed July 23, 2018

I'm a road warrior. This is about your usual Courtyard, maybe a hair nicer. The check-in and check-out were fine, and the staff understands how to post your tax-exempt forms. The room was clean, with good linen and pillows, and a comfortable bed. The room was a bit dated, with a bathtub and fixed shower head, as well as the 70s style hotel decor. There were no USB ports. I always advise to bring your own surge protector with USB ports to protect your electronics. I carry a laptop, printer, scanner, hotspot, and two phones, so I run out of outlets fast. I like Courtyards because you can always get something to eat in the hotel, especially when I am in a sketchy area. The Bistro Burger is my go-to, and they had some fried Brussels sprouts that were really good. You have to pay for breakfast, so be ready. It is $15 for parking. Bottom line: clean, comfortable, and safe.

I got a call from the desk at around 6:30 a.m. on check-out day telling me, first, who is this? and then telling me I was in the wrong room, which I thought was annoying since they were the ones that gave me the key card. The manager emailed me with after check-out with a respectful apology, but some extra loyalty points would have been nice.

Room tip: The upper floors give some good city views.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for the detailed review! Our apologies again for the issue with the Front Desk service.