“Great property and staff with a couple minor complaints.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #32 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 13 November 2016

My wife and I are fans of the Embassy Suites and stay at their properties whenever possible. ES Atlanta Galleria lived up to our expectations in almost every way. Whenever we travel, we do choose location based on the availability of an indoor pool, because our 9-year-old LOVES to swim. When we donned our bathing wear and hit the pool, it was unremarkable that this indoor pool was FREEZING cold, nothing we hadn't experienced at other properties. It WAS remarkable, however, that their hot tub was TOO HOT to endure for any length of time...for adults or kids. This tub was set at a humanly-intolerable temperature. When I mentioned it to the front desk staff, the young lady told me they would have the temperature lowered. The next day when we returned to the pool, NO CHANGE. It was even hotter than the previous evening.

Now if you're a business traveler who hasn't any intention of swimming, this is a great hotel for you. Great manager's reception, delicious in-suite dining and an outstanding made-to-order breakfast. But if you're traveling with your kids and desire a great pool experience, you'll be sadly disappointed.

That said, the property was recently-renovated and clean, and the staff are friendly and helpful (save for following up on the pool complaint). Given the aforementioned circumstances, however, I can't say that we would return. The pool is a deal-breaker for us.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 13 November 2016

A great place to stay. The breakfast is awesome and the Happy Hour a nice feature. You are close to shopping, dining and the arts. Highly recommend for business or leisure. If you are flying check various companies that will shuttle you from Atlanta airport. This is the only downside. Shuttle could cost you 50.00 per person.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2016

I stayed at the Embassy Suites of Akers Mill Road in Atlanta Ga. and enjoy the fleshly new entrance, lobby, gather area and the rooms were out-standing. The only problem I had was not able to access the pre-selected room I wanted, instead of a City Front View... I was looking at rear dumpster. Over-all the room was beautiful and clean. I mean new carpet, wall paper, bathroom fixtures, working refrigerator, and furniture.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Great stay but...First the bad/ Someone else entered my room - staff did not confirm I was already in it! Said I was going to get some additional points (big deal) but not sure if I recieved any. Hot tub inoperable, gym needs fans. Hotel renovated. Rooms and common areas are mush improved. Showers are a definite step up in looks and performance from the past. Rates on off season are good but escalate greatly whenever there is an event in the area. Staff is terrific.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel the layout is unique very clean the front desk staff very friendly and welcoming this is much needed in these days and times. They also offer complimentary drinks at the bar with snacks from 5:30 to 7:30 also a wonderful breakfast comes with your room thank you staff

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank KayCharlotte_NC
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I mostly stay within the Hilton brand when traveling and this is one reason why I chose this particular hotel for my weekend date night with my wife. The other reason was location. Staff was friendly upon arrival. I made sure to ask if the hotel was full as I always do in case I have problems with the room. It was sold out. Major issue was that A/C would not drop below 72. Self parking in an open lot with no security was $5.00 charge. Bathroom was not clean and caulking was hanging from tub at the tile joint. I had read that they had made major renovations to this property so I had high hopes...probably would not stay here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis L C
Reviewed 1 November 2016

newly refurbished hall, nice big rooms and fine complimentary offers as happy hour, free wifi and made to order breakfast. Big parking lot and close to Cumberland mall. Easy access to highways in all directions.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business