“Good location”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Middleburg, VA
“Good location”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

On the spur of the moment I flew to Atlanta to visit my daughter and watch the UNC Tar Heels play in the finals of the ACC tournament. While the Heels lost, I had a great visit and found the Grand Hyatt to be quite nice.

The room, while somewhat small, was well-appointed, provided a robe, refrigerator, nice flat screen tv and a nice bathroom. It was a well laid out room.

The staff in the lounge/bar were top notch -- friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing. They were, sadly, offset by a grumpy and rather useless concierge who looked quite pained when asked for the simplest bits of information. Likewise, I needed to download a boarding pass and seat assignment, and was referred to the "business center" for that chore. Bottom line: it cost me $11.00 to use their computer for <10 minutes to to print two pages. It turned out the desk clerk who sent me there was a trainee and another clerk (Anna) fell all over herself to apologize, finally comping me an $11+ drink at the bar that evening.

Room Tip: NOTE: this hotel participates on priceline.com and I got the room for $75 per night -- well off the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Walter,

Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are glad that overall you had a great experience with us. We would like to apologize that the concierge encounter you had was not as expected and that there was confusion regarding your boarding pass. We take service very seriously and assure you that we will be following up on all of this. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened and allowing us to get better.
Grainne McClain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have stayed here twice. My first stay was in November 2011 was okay, but because there was construction going on and the lobby restaurant/bar was closed and the Cassia restaurant downstairs only open for lunch, I didn't get to enjoy the hotel to the level I wanted too. They also were unable at that time to accommodate me with the room I wanted.

But wait! After I shared my experience with them, one of the hotel managers provided me with the opportunity for another visit, upgraded my room for a great price, and gave me back some points I had used for my previous visit. The stay was fantastic, the food and drinks were great, met some new people and made new friends, and really enjoyed myself.

I will certainly return again and encourage my friends and colleagues to stay there as well.

Room Tip: Be sure to join Hyatt's points program, and email the concierge the day of check-in and request...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
We are so glad you affforded us the opportunity to host you again and that this stay went as planned. We assure you that even though sometimes issues arise, we are 100% committed to all our guests satisfaction. We look forward to you next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I booked a small suite for our anniversary. When we arrived, the hotel manager, Philip, informed me that the suite that I reserved was not available, so he upgraded us to the Presidential Suite at no additional charge!! The room was amazing! The service was second to none. The concierge, Willy, gave us a wonderful recommendation for a spa so my husband and I to get massages. The hotel also had a complimentary driver to take guests anywhere within a couple of miles from the hotel, so we didn't even have to drive or take a cab. Most everything you need is very close by including the best shopping and wonderful dining options. Anything we requested was satisfied almost immediately. Even the hotel security guard ran back to our room when my husband forgot his I-pad after we checked out-he found it, thankfully! I can't thank the staff of the Grand Hyatt Buckhead enough for making our anniversary one of the most memorable and special weekends ever!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for the great comments and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a great anniversary. Perhaps we can make this a tradition and we will see you every year from now on.
ontario
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This was a beautiful hotel. GIrls weekend away however the next time I'm there I'm taking my husband!! It's beautiful, modern, clean and the staff were friendly and helpful! It's in a great location close to Buckhead's best shopping. Didn't have a chance to try the hotel restaurant but judging the caliber of this hotel, I'm going to assume it's up to par. I'd go back in a second!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
We are so pleased you had a great girls getaway. We hope you do come back with your husband and take a romantic stroll in our Japanese garden as well as try out our great food. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I rented 2 rooms because we had 3 teenagers with us for a Lacrosse game. The rooms were large and clean. The driver took us 3 blocks down the road for dinner, as it was extremely cold and raining that evening. He had made us wait about an hour to pick us up after dinner though:{

I had gone to the gift shop to pick up a few items to bring home and inadvertently left my Ipad2 at the check out counter while trying on scarfs.

Once I realized I didn't have it with me, I called security and they said they hadn't seen it. I back tracked my steps and went to the gift shop and the honest clerk told me she found it and waited for me to come back. Once time had passed, she reported it to security and they retrieved it. I was appalled that security said they didnt have it! I reported to the front desk and they did some investigating.....while this was going on the boys went back up to their room and found the security lady up there under the bed, with the IPad 2 in her hand stating that she had "just found it!". Shame on you!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank BabaGal
We sincerely apologize you that your stay was not as smooth as you expected. We assure you that our Security team are great individuals who would not try in any way to withold your i-Pad intentionally. We feel that there must have been some terrible misunderstanding, but are glad that you got the item returned. Our driver does work on a first come, first serve basis so it can take a while sometimes with Buckhead traffic to get to all the locations especially on busy weekends. We hope that you can understand that and we welcome the opportunity to host you and family again.
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We checked in on 2/17 and just checked out around 6:30am on Monday, 2/20. The trip started out with promise as we arrived way ahead of schedule at noon, and were accommodated with early check-in, and we upgraded to a one bedroom suite for an additional 50 a night. The room was nicely appointed, and the view was lovely. Housekeeping brought up the roll-away crib for within minutes of getting to our room. The front desk called and offered to comp us a kids rental movie to occupy our daughter while we got unpacked and settled which we thought was a really nice touch. We were headed right back out though so we called the valet stand for our car, and it was out front by the time we got downstairs (the valet operation is very efficient here, we did not have to wait for our car once and were in and out multiple times over the course of our visit).
At around midnight on Friday we were awoken by a heated argument in the room next door between a man and a woman. It got progressively louder over the next 20 minutes and started to get physical the woman shouting for help and screaming for him not to hit her. I got out of bed and banged on the connecting door and said I was calling security. Security responded quickly and there was no noise after that. The following night
all seemed quiet until we again were startled from our sleep, this time at 3am. Instead of a domestic dispute this time it was a rowdy group of at least 4 who must have just come home from the bar. Again I called security and although they came quickly, the noise persisted for about another hour.
Sunday evening my husband went to the front desk to see if there was anything they could do to ensure a quiet night for us... They informed us they already blocked out the room next door, and they comped us a night as well, which was much appreciated.
Besides the noise, another issue we had was the club room (our suite was on the club level) was never open. I'm not sure how the hotel can justify charging us for club room services for our sunday stay, when it is closed on Sunday and
Monday.
The last straw occurred this morning, as we were getting ready to leave, my husband called down for a bell hop at around 6:15am and was informed by the woman at the front desk that there was none working, but she would try to get someone from maintenance. He said no thank you and that he would come down and get a cart on his own. By the time we had the cart loaded and were ready to roll out of the room, a nice man in a suit arrived, and was very apologetic for all that had happened during our stay, claiming it had been a very busy weekend, and that the hotel was understaffed. He helped us downstairs and assisted me with loading up the car while my husband went to the front desk to retrieve a copy of our bill.
While I understand the hotel cannot anticipate noisy guests or domestic disturbances, the walls of this hotel are just too thin to ever consider staying here again as a family.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Homeat836
We are so sorry that your stay did not go as smoothly as you would have liked. We assure you we are 100% commited to making sure all our guests needs are accommodated but alas, we cannot always control the actions of our other guests. Hopefully the positives about our hotel will outweigh your concerns as noisy neighbors can happen in any hotel. We really would liek to welcome you back.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. Easy check in. Very good service throughout the hotel. Rooms standard size. Comfortable beds. Good size bathrooms. Flat screen tv's in the room. I had a non working alarm clock so had to get wake up calls. Fitness center was very good and free. Fee for valet of $30 and self is $20. Elevator had spilled beer in it on Friday night and was still on the floor on Saturday which was surprising for this caliber hotel. Overall though a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for the great comments and we are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We are so sorry the i-Home in your room was not operating and will ensure that gets checked immediately. We look forward to the next time you are here.