“I Want to Nitpick”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #12 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Sadly, there is very little to find fault with. Even the extortionate internet fees (a pet peeve which would normally knock hotels down one rating) are countered by an amazingly professional staff & wonderful building.

One suggestion -- utilize the concierge. You're paying for it, after all. Every suggestion made by the concierge was perfect -- from restaurants to attractions to directions. And it helps to be able to drop a name to get a better seat or faster service.

1  Thank SN1752
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Wow, thank you for the great comments and kind words about our wonderful staff. We are very grateful that you took the time to share your experience. We will make sure to pass on your comments to our Concierge too. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Grainne McClain

Write a ReviewReviews (2,044)

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed here a year ago on Easter weekend. Hoping to do the same this year.

Rooms are beautiful. Employees are amazing. Location excellent. Nothing but great things to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Had a corner room that had a bedroom separate from a living area w/ a foldout sofa. My son slept on...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thanks for coming back, the biggest compliment we can get is repeat business. We look forward to seeing you this year at Easter.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful as is every Grand Hyatt I stay at. With business meetings running late, room service is my savior and this hotel had excellent food! It got there within 30 minutes of me ordering it. I'll be staying here again.

Also, if you like a night life, this hotel is practically walking distance from hot night clubs and bars!! Another plus!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place from what I could tell.

Gerrie,
We are so glad that you got to enjoy your stay with us and enjoy the incredible food Chef Thomas McKeown and his team provide. Maybe next time you will be able to to come for pleasure and enjoy all the other wonderful amenities we offer. See you soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Hotel employees are very helpful and nice. Great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2012
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We agree, we have the best employees and they are what makes this hotel so wonderful. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. See you soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Was here in Atlanta and stayed at the Grand Hyatt on business. It was a quick trip but staying here made it very enjoyable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was on the 20th floor in a very spacious accommodating room. There were two double beds, two comfortable chairs with a table, and a very workable desk. Even though the room was on the back side of the elevators, the room was quiet. Had no trouble getting some good uninterrupted sleep.The HD TV was excellent. The bathroom was also very spacious and comfortable. I loved the large fluffy bath sheet towels! I had to laugh when I saw the wall mounted telephone next to the toilet! Like I'm really going to call someone while I sit there! The room had plugs where I needed them and internet access was provided at no charge. There was a fee for internet but it was credited. When you pay that kind of price internet should be provided like soap and shampoo! The food during the all day meeting was excellent.

A couple of recommendations I have for the hotel though would be to update the information book. It would be nice if it had more information about the hotel such as where things are. Yes it had descriptions of services, such as the fitness room, but then just provided the number for the concierge desk, which no one answered. Why not include where the fitness center is! That is an easy fix. The not so easy fix is the elevators. While the elevators are very beautiful, guests have a very hard time reading the button labels. I can't tell you how many people I watched bend over and move side to side just to read the labels to make sure they press the right number. I did this too the first couple times until I memorized where my buttons were. Something to consider when you remodel.

As I move toward a more plant based diet, I did ask staff for recommendations for good restaurants that have good, healthy, meatless choices. The ones I asked did not really know. The hotel might want to update the menu book at the concierge desk to somehow include this. Something to consider. I did walk to the Lenox Square Mall and was happy to see Panera Bread, they have low fat vegetarian choices so I was able to get what I was looking for.

Overall this was a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you so much for the great review and the suggestions on how we can be even better. We love to get feedback like this and will absolutley take action on these items. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back often.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been staying at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta since it use to be the Nikko hotel. The service level at this hotel rates it with one of the best around. The location is great right in the heart of Buckhead and is close to great places to eat and shop. It is a very vibrant area of town. The rooms are very nice and the front desk is usually helpful in making sure you have the kind of room you like. Right now they are undergoing renovations to the pool area and outside garden area but for me that is not that big of a deal. If you work out you will really like the fact that they have a sauna and steam room in the locker area.

Room Tip: The corner rooms with the patios are great is you are planning a party! The club level lounge is bea...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank platinum4life
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you for the great comments. We really appreciate the continued loyalty and hope that we continue to privide you with excellent service for many more years.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Just had a great experience at this hotel. My organization held it's annual Leadership training event here for approximately 300 people. I was greeted with a smile upon check-in. Everything that our meeting planner had arranged for me was in perfect order. This speaks highly to the level of attention to detail the staff goes to. I would like to focus on the IT/Audio Visual portion of the event as this is the part I was responsible for.

My supervisor and I met in person and via telecon on multiple occasions prior to executing the event with the PSAV Sales Rep, Mr. Kyle Means. Everything turned out exactly as we planned. The team we had with us at the A/V table (Mark, Vance, & David) were very competent and very willing to support our training. I greatly appreciated the effort these four gentlemen put into our event.

The location of the hotel is great, You can get anything from pizza & Chik-fil-A to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse or Maggiano's, all within walking distance. And, there is a Marta (subway) stop about a half-block down from the hotel that also offers a straight shot to and from the airport for about $4. Anyway, had a great time there. The management & sales team we met with (Lisa & Neil) were very accommodating. The hotel restaurant is also very good. I especially liked the blackened swordfish wrap...awesome!

Would highly recommend this hotel for any corporate or government event. Thanks for helping make our event a huge success.

Room Tip: I think any room you get here is a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you so much for the great comments. We really enjoyed hosting your conference and hope that you will be back again in the future.