“Good Downtown Location”

Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Centerville,GA
“Good Downtown Location”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I made a short trip to Atlanta. This hotel was a good location for the places we were visiting. Very friendly staff. Clean hotel. Comortable beds.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. Our room was overlooking a busy street. All downtown Atlanta streets sre...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Sounds like you and your wife really enjoyed the hotel and our team. Thanks very much for staying with us and see you next time you're in Atlanta!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I wish we could have stayed here more than our one night but we were flying home after 6 weeks on the road. We received the best service here of any of our hotel stays by far! We arrived with more stuff than we could handle and the Bellmen staff were so helpful in gathering everything together and patient while we rearranged our golf clubs. They helpfully stored them overnight so we didn't have to leave them in the car.
We were too tired to have a sit down dinner in the restaurant although the atmosphere and menu looked inviting. Instead we opted to eat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed the setting and again, the service. I loved my quesadilla.
For breakfast we chose the bakery and appreciated having the four dining options.
Our 11th floor king room was very comfortable, also among the best of our travels.
Would recommend this hotel to all and will try out more Sheratons in future travels.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you so much for a great review. After 6 weeks of travel, we're happy we were able to cap off your trip with a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. We're honored that you said we were the best of all your hotels stays! Thanks again for such nice comments and we hope to see you back again so you can enjoy Atlanta! Safe Travels!
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I attended a four-day conference at the Sheraton. I could not walk anywhere in the hotel without one of the employees greeting me or offering assistance. When I did ask a question, they went beyond the basics. In particular, I especially want to commend Troy Washington, Zhanna Powell, Raeshonna Heard, Kalema Woldegrec, Mesert Kebede, Vivian Brown, Owen Casserley, Kerry Ann Gore, and Lamond Stovall. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and our staff so much! Thanks for being our guest. We will certainly thank all those associates you mentioned, they are all special people! With Stone Mountain being so close, we hope to see you again very soon!
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My sister and I recently spent 7 nights at this property. I was attending a conference and my sister was sight-seeing. The property is clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was great. Tanya D. at Fandangles was marvellous, from her sense of humour to her welcoming ways. She just had us coming back. Kiki at the concierge's desk went out-of-her way to assist us; helping us obtain last minute Moody Blues' tickets and introducing us to a "one-of-a-kind" tourist guide. All of the staff were welcoming and did all they could to make our stay pleasant. I wish I could remember all of their names. I would definitely stay here again and will when I come back to see the marvellous aquarium again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
We love hosting our Canadian friends! It's great that you and your sister were able to spend some quality time in Atlanta. Thanks very much for staying with us and for such a nice review. Kiki and Tanya are such nice people, we love having them on our team. Hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We went to Atlanta for a few days during spring break. It also happened to be during my birthday. We booked a room with a queen bed and they put us in a room on the 6th floor... my husband told them that it was my birthday and asked if they could put us in a room higher up... and Dominique, the manager, immediately upgraded us to a room with a king bed on the 10th floor, completely free of charge! He also invited us to go up to the lounge for drinks (on him) to celebrate my birthday :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Passions P
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Happy birthday! Thanks very much for staying with us during your spring break! We're glad Daniel-Dominique took such great care of you while you were celebrating. We would love to see you back again soon and until then, safe travels!
colorado
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed three nights while attending my youngest daughters volleyball tournament. I had reserved a club level room and prepaid for the hotel through the Sheraton web site. When I checked into the hotel the front desk clerk indicated I did not have a club lounge reservation. Fortunately, I had printed the conformation showing the club lounge reservation, so she talked with the manager, and I received the club privilege. The club lounge is nice, and includes a complimentary continental breakfast (which had a really good assortment of fruit, bagels,etc.) They also have complimentary hors d'oeuvres in the evening, and unlimited cookies, and bottles of water, juice, and soda all day long. The staff at the hotel are very friendly. The rooms are clean and modern. The beds and linens are nice. The pool area is beautiful! We'd definitely stay there again. Now the cons, self parking is 22.00 a day ( I saw a lot on Ellis one block away for 5.00 a day) A glass of house wine is 9.00, and all rooms do not have a refrigerator. I had requested one, but they'd run out.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants within walking distance.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We hope your daughter did well in the volleyball tournament! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, but please accept our apologies that there was some confusion about your club lounge upgrade. We're very happy that it was resolved quickly and you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay! Take care and safe travels!
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed her with my wife on a business trip. We travel to Atlanta at least once a year and have stayed at a number of hotels in the downtown area. This place is awful, and awful is being kind. I will say that the hotel staff were pleasant but nothing special. The room we had smelled very bad that it had perminated into the pillows. The most appalling thing about the room was that the peep hole on the door had a band-aid stuck to it. The bed was very uncomfortable and worn out no support what so ever. The balcony had holes in the wall and was dirty beyond belief. I am not sure how Sheraton allows this hotel to keep its rating but, for us personally we will never stay at this hotel again on any of our future ATL trips.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank RHSBMF
Please accept our sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay. As you can see from many reviews, we pride ourselves in a great guest experience as well as a spotless, comfortable and updated hotel product. We're extremely disappointed that we didn't provide that in your case. If you'd like to give us another chance, we'd appreciate the opportunity to show you how we typically take care of our guests.