“Good Housekeeping”

Ranked #37 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Portland, Oregon
“Good Housekeeping”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Hotel staff here was very friendly. Our corner room was great. I liked the 'green' housekeeping option offered, but think it needs improvement. Currently, guests who 'opt out' of housekeeping services receive no maid service at all. Instead, these guests should receive light housekeeping service in their rooms -- linens are not changed, but bed is made up; towels left on the floor are replaced; trash is emptied. I often stay in other hotels that provide this option. I don't mind skipping daily linen service to conserve resources, but this option left me feeling neglected.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thanks very much for staying with us and we really appreciate the feedback on the Make a Green Choice program. Just to let you know for the future, our housekeeping staff would be happy to service your room however you wish. Just let us know how you prefer it and we'll make it happen for your next stay! We would love the oppotunity to personalize your stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
philadelphia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel was very nice and clean, the self-parking is a nightmare to get into and out of once you've parked your car. But the staff really make this hotel. Paul was the first person I met coming into the hotel who took my bags. He was wonderful - always a smile and friendly word, and extremely helpful. All the staff really went out of there way to make things easier. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool area it's very pretty.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
We're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Paul is such a great ambassador for the hotel, thanks for mentioning him. In terms of parking, we do offer valet service in case you don't want to park your own vehicle. Or if you do self-parking, you're welcome to drop your luggage off with the bellman at the front door before you park so that it's an easier experience. Hope to see you back again soon!
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2012

On Thursday night, I left my glasses at the Sheraton's bar, Fandangles. I'm blind in my right eye and definitely need glasses for the left. I'd had a few glasses of wine and wandered back to my room -- I didn't realize I'd forgotten my glasses until the bar had closed. I called, but they said no one had turned any in -- but they did take my phone number.

I got a call the next morning that Tanya Doye, a server at Fandangles (and a darn good one at that) had found them and turned them in to security. I got them the next morning and all was well.

Tanya is a superb server, patient, and incredibly gracious. The Sheraton is lucky to have her!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2012

the hotel was nice staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to help i disliked the parking price of the valet good location

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thanks for staying with us and we appreciate your kind words on the service team. Just so you know for next time, our valet rate is one of the lowest in downtown Atlanta. In addition, we do offer a discounted self-parking rate as well, which most other downtown hotels don't offer either. Hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The staff at this hotel were incredible. They were courteous and genuinely interested in our stay. They made sure we had everything we needed and knew how to get to the venue where our show was being performed. The room, including the bathroom, was very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. All around class act. We will stay here again on our next trip!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us so much! Thanks very much for the great review. We agree, the service team here is genuine! Hope to see you again soon, safe travels.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I like this hotel. Location was nice and you could get on the train by walking a couple of blocks. The hotel is located near restaurants and bars. Hotel room was above average. Hands down what makes this place is the staff, all are courteous, they all greet you and they all seek to make sure that your stay is going as best as it can. I appreciate their customer service and will gladly stay there in the future. The only reason why I did not give them an excellent is because the maid service can be slow, maybe it was my room location but coming to my room to clean it at 5:00 PM in the afternoon after I was out of the room from 0730 AM to 4:30 PM was just not what I expected. I told the maid I was ok because I was tired and did not need the bed made at that time. Other than that--no complaints, recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your great comments on the hotel and staff. If you're in the hospitality business, you should certainly be a nice person! Our staff really is special and we appreciate that you noticed. We apologize that we didn't service your room in a more timely fashion. Please know for the future that you can always give us specific time you'd like your room serviced and we'll handle it appropriately. Thanks for the feedback, we want a excellent score from you next time! Until then, safe travels!
atlanta
Reviewed 19 April 2012

i used hotwire to book my reservation..smh... bad idea... hotwire messed my reservation up so bad that the manager & security came to my room & thought i commented fraud with a credit card. OMG.. i was so scared & confused. the manager (Brian C. Millinger) at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, took great care of me & my neice... Brian Millinger & his team, Daniel-Dominique Linnemann were so patience & professional about the whole situation... we were hysterical, cause we're on a budget for our vacation!!!!! Brian even gave us a late check-out.... i love the sheraton hotels forever

Room Tip: all rooms are great....everything at the sheraton hotel are great
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
We are so thankful that it all got worked out and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Brain and Daniel are really nice people and we're happy that they took such good care of you. We would love to have you back again soon and until then, safe travels!